Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJacobs

Aug 28, 2013
FL
Whats up ECF! Im new to ecigs I just got a 510 New leaf w clearomizer about a week ago and i love it!(im finally free!) Today i just ordered 5 7ml bottles of halo eliquid
hx3
tribeca
Tiki juice
voodoo
and southern classic
Im wondering how i should steep them cap on cap off? How long? Maybe cap off for 24 hrd then cap on for another 24 hrs? Im about to go to work and get off at 10 so I wont be responding till later tonite unless i get a reply in the next few mins thanks in advance for ur responses!

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I'm a noob, so its nice to see a more seasoned vaper confused by a term. Just what is steeping?

Steeping is allowing juice to "age", akin to wine, as mentioned in a previous post...
SOME juice is fine straight up, as it comes to you....Some companies "pre-steep" their juice -- if the company is large, they make some juice in large batches, so it's already been "steeped" simply by sitting in the warehouse!!;)
Other juices need time to "mellow out"; they may have a medicinal smell when first opened, and the taste can be "off"...
There are many ways to steep juice....some simple, some quite elaborate....you'll really have to experiment to find the "sweet spot" for a particular juice....some only need to steep a day or 2....while others can take up to a month!!
The juices I use are fine for me as they come...but they're from large companies and come from large batches, as opposed to some "mom and pop" operations that produce juice in small batches - sometimes filling just a few orders at a time, then "closing" while they make more....
Discovering what you like.....and how you like it....is just part of the fun and "mystique" of vaping!!
Welcome to our world!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
Steeping is basically, after receiving your ejuice/eliquid, letting it sit for a while to allow the flavors to mix/mellow out. Sometimes when ordering a liquid, especially if it was made to go, when you receive the eliquid, it can come off as way too strong, overpowering. Allowing the eliquid to sit a few days all the way to a couple of weeks can really bring out all the flavors that the vendor intended, allow all the flavors to properly mix, or just mellow out if it is too overpowering.

It is the same concept with aging wine/whiskey/etc. Just on a shorter scale :)

An example: I ordered a RY4 flavor from a vendor, because I never tried the flavor, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Anyways I got it in the mail, opened, smelled and, almost threw up (exaggerating). It was absolutely horrible smelling, like a caramel paint thinner. I thought if I vaped it, it might be better. It most definitely was not. Anyways, I left it in my room, and 2 weeks later, I thought I'd give it another shot. Well, allowing it to steep for 2 week, made ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. It was 10x better, not my favorite but bearable--good for every once in a while. Completely different from when I first opened it.

From my experience (yours may be different), not all eliquids require steeping, but before you go to your vendors website and write a horrible review, give your juice a bit of time to settle down a bit. Get to know her a little bit before you throw her out and never want to see her face again :)

note: when steeping, if possible, keep your juice in a relatively cool, dark, place. Some people even open the bottle, and let it air out. If your as impatient as I am, Fill a pot with the hottest water you can get from your sink, and throw your bottle in there for a few hours to 24 hours. Its a quick steeping technique, not as effective as just letting it sit, but it works.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on my experience with Halo, I thought that they were delicious right out of the bottle. I've tried a majority of the tobacco flavors and I'd have to say Tribeca and Prime 15 are my favorites. I get mine from my local shop, so I assume the bottle sit there for a while, I could be wrong. This last time they didn't have Tribeca in 18mg, so I ordered it, which was much cheaper BTW. Hasn't arrived yet but ill let you know how it turns out, straight from HALO.

- JerseyB :)

JohnJacobs

Aug 28, 2013
FL
Thanks for all the responses! Im happy to be part of the vaping community and so r my lungs! I didnt want to spend too much on eliquids right now even though i want to try so many an halo has a 20% disount right now(labordaze) i ordered these 5 after trying so hard to narrow down my choices but all 5 sound delicious! What do u guys think about these halo flavors? Im currently using 3 liquids i got from my local shop where i got my ecig: newport(since i was a menthol smoker even though its nothing like newports) nutty tobacco(like nutty butty very delicious!) and killa vanilla. I couldnt just do newport way too strong so my main mix is mostly nutty with a few drops of newport and killa vanilla and it taste great! I tried quiting with ecigs before the Njoy and couldnt do it i was literally about to buy a blu from the gas station where i work an thank god i didnt(my cousin got one and i tried it and i really dont tgink i coul have done it with that an prolly would have given up on ecigs had i done it) but b4 we went and piked it up i went with my mom to a dr appt and she said there was an ecig place down the road and we should check it out i told them i was about to get a blu an they said it was a mistake let me try out there different flavors and i love the tastes and TH so i got a new leaf plus vv which alows me to change the voltage which is awesome i love it an am so glad it happened the way it did it was fate that we happened to go by there literally minutes b4 stopping at the hess and getting a blu...sorry for rambling on but thats basically my story

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
no worries, I think a lot of us have had a similar or a variation of your story. For the past 3 years I've been trying to find a decent ecig, because cigarettes were really starting to take a toll. And I tried every gas station brand in a 50 mile radius, and a majority of them just sucked. (2 packs or 300 puffs my ... :) I was spending more on ecigs than normal cigarettes(that's an exaggeration, but still expensive)

Finally did some research, found ECF and found a bunch of really nice people and useful information. So good luck and vape on

and if you have any questions, post em here(because I guarantee you, theres a million people asking the same thing), or google that S*** :)

Magdalen77

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Philadelphia
I just got my Halo G6 kit last Monday. I also got the exotic favors sampler. I've only tried three juices from the sampler so far and I tried the Southern Classic sample that came with my order. I liked Malibu and Shamrock right out of the box. Shamrock is a chocolate chip mint flavor and Malibu basically tastes like a pina colada (pineapple/coconut). I didn't like the Southern Classic right away. There was this weird chemical undertone, sort of reminded me of ether. It's mellowed quite a bit in the last 9 days or so, now I'm starting to like it. I just tried the Twisted Java earlier this evening and I think it nerds to steep some more. I only got a light taste of coffee out of it and it's supposed to coffee, chocolate and macadamia nuts (I think). Maybe it will taste better in a couple of weeks.

JohnJacobs

Aug 28, 2013
FL
Thanks everyone I guess I should just try them when they get here and if they suck let them steep, the bad thing about tryin them though arent u supposed to fill er up i heard underfilling ur tank could be bad so if i dont like a flavor before steeping im left to vape the rest of it an i only fill it 1-2 times a day so id be using it all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread