Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Hello All! Been using this forum for a few days now for research, and finally joined. Thought I would introduce myself (and help my initial 5 post along =P). Anyway, I began vaping about two years ago with an EGO battery and LR carts. I fell off the wagon and went back to analogs about a year ago. I have decided to kick analogs again and return to the world of vaping.
My how the vaping community has changed and GROWN! Glad to see so many people are deciding to turn to a healthier alternative.
I'm sure I will be asking a lot of questions in the near future with the all the changes I'm discovering have taken place, and would like to thank everyone in advance. Many of you have already been a great deal of help and didn't even know it.
Thanks.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Fabulous! Glad you are venturing back to vaping!!!

Also +1 on Squee - would love to know why you went back. I often feel like you couldnt pay me a million bucks to smoke a ciggy, but then I do get hit out of nowhere by a sharp craving. Your experience may certainly help us too! (of course only if it is comfortable to share)

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Hello and welcome back :)

Do you mind me asking what made you go back to smoking after a year of vaping?

Partly the stress of a new job and the fact that I was surrounded by smokers at "the smoke hole", but a lot of it had to do with the fact that vape stores weren't very common in my area. I started with 650MaH Joyetech Ego and 1.5 ohm carts. Immediately jumped to a 900 MaH Ego-T battery for longer life and the lock-out feature, and passed my 650 on to a friend. We are both alcoholics and tended to chain smoke at meetings and were looking for better alternatives. It was great! The best thing that could've happened for us both.
Vaping was really in it's infancy in our area and our only reputable shop was a fair distance away. No big deal. We would pick up supplies for each other when one of us made the trek and we could share batteries, liquid, and such at work when one of us was in need. Eventually he moved on to another job and I got laid off. Money was tight, I couldn't afford to drive to our shop and buy supplies. I had also gone through a spell, shortly before I got laid off, where I tried the first generation Ego Tank system that dumped liquid after it became pressurized from the first couple of vapes and some bad liquids. I was also leary of getting bad supplies online when I couldn't afford to buy them twice if it didn't work out. It was also much easier to "bum" a cigarette than a cart or a couple mL of liquid, lol.
I now, ironically (in more ways than one), am laid off again due to our company selling out to China, but with a lot of help from these forums I have been able to revitalize a lot of my old supplies (some amazingly so) and find new reputable places to purchase supplies affordably and with little risk. We have also had a lot of new stores open in my area due to the rising popularity of vaping making it much more affordable thanks to competitive pricing.
So, thanks to you guys (and a little Tropical Smoothie and RY4), I am once again smoke-free, healthier, happier, and smokers are now the minority in my AA group.
Sorry for the novel-like post, but in my defense.......................you asked, lol! In the future I'll try to keep it brief. Maybe I should have broken this up into several posts to help with my 5 post quota. =P

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Hello, welcome back, and congrats on switching back Rangertrix. Thanks for sharing you story with us, I love your honestly. I'm glad to hear that you don't have to worry about having access to you vape needs at least. I send well wishes to you through you hard times. Happy Vaping :vapor:
Thank you. It does help keep one from going DetraMental. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread