Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMcgTX

Oct 21, 2019
Hi all! I'm a smoker, smoke about a pack per day. I want to vape to help me quit. My only experience with vaping is those "njoy" disposable e-cig things (many, many years ago), and most recently juul. While looking at mods, etc., I thought maybe I'd go with something like the smok Mag. As I thought about it, I think something like that is a little too complicated. I don't understand all the settings, etc. Now I'm thinking something simpler, like the smok Novo 2 to start. I'm not particularly stuck on Smok, they just happened to catch my eye in casual reading. Anyway, I'd just like to say hi, ask for some education, and appreciate suggestions for what I might start with while gaining more understanding.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
We see more smok issues here than any other device, so perhaps not the best choice. A cell phone is way more complicated than a mod, so it's not that bad. Most will start with a cheapy pod, then move to a mod and tank, so that's definitely an option or just go straight into something that will last and work better.

DonBaldy

Oct 21, 2019
Near Houston, TX
I'm not an advocate of Smok products, but they have helped many smokers quit. Get something you find appealing. Watch a lot of videos. Simply do a google search for that setup. Your car or phone is more complicated. You may very well end up not liking your first setup or first few. Don't get discouraged. Vaping, for many, can be a journey. It is harder than just lighting up a smoke, but the effort is worth it, and in my opinion, a ton of fun.

DonBaldy

Oct 21, 2019
Near Houston, TX
Just to add, go into a vape shop if you have one near you and lay hands on something you like the look of. I personally have quite a few more advanced setups, but I also enjoy a simple set up like the Smok Nord. It'll come with two coils. One will allow you do direct lung inhale and the other will do mouth to lung, which it a draw more similar to a cigarette.

Reactions: TomMcgTX

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Welcome!
I myself have owned several smok products. My advice, stay away. Batteries stop working all togetherie quickly, pods leak, and coils are hit or miss to work.

A good starter kit I'm using right now would be the geekvape frenzy.
It can be had for 10$ with a pod and 2 coils, pods are 5$, and coils are 5 for 7$. The coils last at least three times as long as those for my smok Nord, and I haven't gotten a leak in the month I've owned it. It's not as cloudy as some, but the flavor is great, and the power doesn't fade as the battery dies. There are more features, too, like adjustable airflow, and temperature control coils if you'd want to try that too. Best of luck with your transition.
GeekVape Frenzy Pod Device Kit

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I understand. When I first started it all seemed too much to comprehend. Most mods aren’t any more complicated than turning it on and adjusting the wattage, using up and down buttons, and even the ones with a complex menu can be used just as easily.

A lot of the folks here started on pods or similar, and advanced to better gear - I haven’t heard of anyone who got a mod kit and couldn’t figure it out though.

But of pods are where you want to stay for now, we have a sub forum where you can get a lot of info, and links to where people are buying theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread