New mod burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracefulDead

Jan 7, 2019
Just bought a new AEGIS MINI 80W TC STARTER KIT. I put juice into the tank then hit it. After, hitting it, started to taste burnt. I configured my WATS and temp. The thing still tasted burnt. So I emptied the tank, to give myself the opportunity to prime the coils. After that I put a different juice in and the damn thing still tasted burnt. At this point I have no clue what to do. Any suggestions?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf

Once the coil is burnt you need to start over with a new one. No way to save the old one. And completely wash the tank and the drip tip also to remove any smell or taste from them. Then you should be good to go....always, always prime new coils. It can get very expensive if you don't.

:)

eta also starting a new coil at lower watts then you normally would use and take a few puff and up the wats a couple of notches. Keep doing that until you find your sweet spot with the juice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Either you didn't prime the coil enough, didn't "break in" the coil properly, or you were using too high of a wattage setting initially. As said previously, once the cotton wick is burnt, you'll never get rid of that taste and you'll have to start over again with a new primed coil, break in slowly at lower wattage. The below video shows how to properly prime and break in a new coil for a different tank; but the principles involved are relevant for ALL tanks.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cynophobe

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since this is your first post on the forum, I'm guessing you are a new vaper. The Cerberus tank that comes in the Aegis Mini starter kit is a sub-ohm tank. The vapor produced in a sub-ohm tank will present itself as warm/hot to someone not familiar with sub-ohm vaping, and you may be misinterpreting the warmer vapor as burnt tasting.

The Cerberus tank is a great tank, so if proper priming and break-in doesn't solve your "burnt taste" issue, you might want to use a non-subohm tank such as the Innokin Zenith or Aspire Nautilus MTL (mouth-to-lung) tanks for beginner vapers.

• Agree
Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just bought a new AEGIS MINI 80W TC STARTER KIT. I put juice into the tank then hit it. After, hitting it, started to taste burnt. I configured my WATS and temp. The thing still tasted burnt. So I emptied the tank, to give myself the opportunity to prime the coils. After that I put a different juice in and the damn thing still tasted burnt. At this point I have no clue what to do. Any suggestions?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I find that the wattage that works for me is usually a few watts over the lowest watt setting (where i can barely see the vape cloud on the exhale). Lower watt settings lessen the chance of burning the liquid/wick and generates my perceived best flavor.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge and help prevent the burnt taste.
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: GracefulDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread