New Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
So, I am back waiting for postie again.... Seems to be intrinsically linked to vaping

I have 3 mods on order.....

As a pipe smoker, I still need the feel of a pipe.

So I ordered a Kamry K1000 plus....

And I am looking forward to it arriving. But......
It has a built in battery and therefore when it goes flat, no vaping till it is recharged.

Then I saw the Kamry K1000. So I decided that I liked the separate battery.... So I ordered one of those as well (along with a few spare batteries and a 4 battery charger.....

Then in my thread that was deleted (and I do apologise if I caused any offence), someone mentioned limelight mods.....

So I had a look at the website.....
And I saw the Purple Orchid.... With the fusion arc switch.... And the honeysuckle fusion stem/tip.... I did like what I saw.
And so I have ordered one of those.
Wow, never spent as much on a mod in my life. It works out (with the options I chose) to be around £140. It does look a lovely mod.

It will be around 3 weeks until it is made and shipped.

So I can have a pipe in my car (K1000)
I can have a pipe in my pocket at work (K1000 plus)

And then I can have my purple orchid at home, or for when I am not working....

My poor bank manager is going to shoot himself when he sees what I have spent.

Although the Kamrys come with atomisers, they are of a type I have never got on with..... The ones with the long wicks leading to the coil. I never found them consistent on flavour.

And as you will have seen when I was choosing liquid, I like to have consistency.
I want to know whichever mod I pick up, it will vape exactly the same.

Currently I have a joyetech Elitar (mod and tank). I really like the vape, but it does not sit 'right' in my hand. Although I love the vape, the tank would not cosmetically fit any of the new pipes.

So I have been using an aspire tank this week on the Elitar. 1.2 ohm coil, 3.3v. And I have enjoyed it very much. It is a glass tank variable airflow and will cosmetically match the New mods. So I have just ordered another two of them, so each mod has the same tank, same coil, same juice.
(Also got a load of coils as well)

I think I now have to stop buying mods....

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You have planned well, nice selections and backup plans.
Might want to forgo the ceramic coating and order plain walnut or whatever wood material. Suggest you need to be able to reseal and protect yourself by garding against skin acid/wear. Many years ago, I started to use lemon oil on all my bare wood surfaces and found it to be a good stain fighter. The nice thing about natural lemon oil is that it's inexpensive and readily available not to mention, just wipe it on and buff. If you have factory coated with "ceramic", you may not be able to reseal evenly with lemon oil.
Not familiar with this below or it availability or characteristics:
http://www.arboritec.com/ceramic-fortified-finishes/
Could check to see the most popular cost effective size batteries:
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Index | E-Cigarette Forum
Best 18650 Battery Explanation!
Vape Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? | Mt Baker Vapor
A Guide to Safe Charging - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
http://pinkspotvapors.com/blog/7-best-practices-to-keep-your-charge/

The_Professor_2019

Jan 31, 2019
West Yorkshire
Thank you

I have gone for natural wax on my limelight. And I still have a couple of bottles of pipe oil that used to keep my pipes in excellent condition.

So I will stick with what I know for protection of the wood.

And thank you for your advice on batteries

I guess my journey has been one of simplification.

I got the Elitar because I thought I wanted an all singing and dancing mod.

But I don't need that. As an old school vaper, I am happy with settings that match what I used (mumble) years ago. Even when I made a variable voltage, I only really used the variable to counter irregularities in atomisers back then.....
We could not choose between 0.4 ohm or 0.6 for example. In fact, they were just atomisers full stop. And the resistance was usually somewhere between 1.2 and 1.8 ohm... But not as a choice.... That was just the tolerance.

So the Elitar is effectively mimicking my old mechanical mods.

So why do I need something futuristic?

So I decided to look at a mechanical mod. I ordered the K1000 plus first. Just because I liked the shape. But I should have read the description properly. That was a mistake.
I then calmed down and found the K1000 did what I wanted....

Someone mentioned the 3d printed pipe with the DNA board. I did consider that. But if I am happy with the function of a mech mod why do I want a DNA?

Also it was a metal 3d printed mod, so although it would have the shape, a metal pipe would not have the feel.

Then I saw the limelight. And even if I had seen that one first, I would have still have had to buy a work vape.... I am an engineer, and I would not want to risk my nice mod.

As far as batteries, I have read a load of posts. And a bit of research has led me to order to different brands.

I have some AW IMRs coming. They seem to have a good rep. And they have been around a long time.

I ordered my batteries from a reputable supplier who we use at work.

I do not know if it is still true, but right back in the early days I was warned away from any battery with the word 'fire' in the name and bought from South East Asia.

I have taken a chance and ordered some other ones as well...

Forget the name now, but it is something like Keepcharge. Protected 18350 rated with a 10a drain and a peak of 15a....

Will let you know what they are like.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread