New non-smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I'm PJ, and was a smoker for about 20 years. That changed about 3 days ago, and I ALREADY feel great!
I have been researching what kit to order for awhile now, absorbing information and user-experiences. I was just about ready to order Totally Wicked Tornado kit from totallywicked-eliquid.com, which I still plan on doing. Anyhow, I went in to work at my night job at 7-Eleven Wednesday night and to my surprise, we had a new Njoy Npro product display sitting behind the counter...and i purchased the first one out of the case for 20 bucks. It came with the usb charger, battery and 2 2n1 cartomizers of the "regular" 2.8% nicotine variety.
I really wasn't sure what to expect. I had seen good, bad and neutral ratings of this particular one, but wanted to give it a shot anyways.
My brand of choice in analogs was Pall Mall Blue 100's...a pretty lightweight smoke at a little over a pack a day.
I charged up my new NPro battery right there at work. Upon completion, I went outside to try it out...later realizing that there was NO need to be out in the cold like an outcast!:laugh:
My first reaction: A lot like smoking...a little stronger feel than I was used to, but better taste than sucking down burning plant matter. Okay, this is good.

I haven't smoked since. I have had no withdrawal symptoms, which is the best surprise for me. I feel good, my chest doesn't hurt anymore. I don't wake myself with coughing fits anymore. I will never smoke another cigarette again! The first pre-filled 2N1 cartomizer lasted me a little over a day and a half, and the second just a tad longer. I'll pick up a $20 box of 5 replacements at work tonight to last until my Tornado and e-liquid gets here.

Next, I'm ordering my Tornado and will experiment with some e-liquids! I'm eyeballing a coffee-n-cream flavored one in particular!:p

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Congrats! That was a very quick conversion, I must say! I was one that took until my last analog was snuffed ;o) Just can't have 'em in my possession without temptation ruling.

That said, even the first store-bought kit with the tobacco flavor carts tastes nasty as sin now - and I had puffed on it here and there for the first week or so (before putting out that last analog). Keep it sitting here now, more as a reminder to me - if I really get a bad craving I'll just take a puff from it and ewww - thoughts of analog pass pretty quickly as I reach for the caramel or big red ;o)

FSUSA Candy Cane has taken over my de-wicked dripping atty. I'll have to clean it after going to clean the kennels this morning (volunteer for a no-kill animal shelter). No amount of caramel is even noticeable now LOL

Keep on vaping! You won't regret it!

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome, PJ! Congratulations on your new NON-SMOKER status. It really is amazing how quickly I went from having to have a cigarette to just finding them GROSS once I started vaping.

It's been almost four months for me, I've settled on the eGo for vaping when I'm not home, and a Saber Touch for vaping at home. What started out as a way to save some money has turned into an obsession, with one tackle box full of hardware, and one full of juice samples! Now that I stocked up on lots of juice, extra attys and batteries from yesterday's sales, I MIGHT actually be able to see some savings over the $8.28 a day I was spending on a pack of Marlboro Menthol Lights.

This forum is full of invaluable information, if you haven't already watched them you should take the time to watch MistressNomad's videos for newbies. The best part of this forum is definitely the people! Have fun, and welcome to the Wonderful World of Vaping!!

Cheers!!
:toast:

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Welcome to ECF! I'm sure you will find a world of information here. Speaking of the perks of vaping, being able to stay inside is just one of them. I think my favorite perk is not having ashes and cigarette butts all over the house and car. Add to that: no more cigarette burns on furniture or clothing, no more smelly clothes and hair, saving money, more flavors to choose from, less worry about health issues.....I could go on and on. Enjoy!

Thanks all :)

I can't believe how incredible I feel right now! While I was at work, I called my daughter to dispose of all my cigarette-related "stuff" and any packs I had hidden around the house. She was so happy I quit. One of the main reasons for doing so was that she told me one day that it embarrassed her to go to school smelling like my smoke. That really hurt...and made my heart ache. Like a 15 year-old has enough to deal with already...I can't believe I did that to her. Well, we celebrated by breaking every last cigarette I had in half and saying goodbye forever :)

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Congrats PJ! This is EXACTLY how it happened for me this past Monday! Went to my local tabacco shop to pick up just one carton of regular cigs, and asked if they carried e-cigs! She said NO, but 7-Elevens do! Hit one of the 7-Eleven's on the way home, and couldn't wait to get home and try it! While I was reading the instructions, I was smoking my last analog (old habit)....that was 1:00 pm Monday afternoon...have NO desire for analog and am starting to feel good! Waiting anxiously for my new 510 Kit and goodies to arrive, hopefully today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread