New On This With Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
First of all, congrats on quitting the analogs!

Now, in terms of "the best gear", there is no such thing in the vaping world. There is too much personal preference based on what is comfortable to use, how much upkeep you are willing to do, your knowledge level and ability to troubleshoot, whether you like MTL (mouth to lung) or a direct lung hit, how warm or cool you like the vape, prefered airflow, how much flavor is important to you, what your prefered PG/VG ratio is, nicotine level, choice of coil/wicking material if you decide to rebuild, etc, etc. All gear has tradeoffs, and you have to know your personal preferences before finding the "best" gear for your style of vaping. And that is just hardware, when you get into eliquids taste is the most subjective thing about vaping. "High end" juices may not be the best for you depending how complex, PG/VG ratio, more flavor, less flavor, desired throat hit, different bases, nicotine bases, brands of flavoring, etc, etc. Price does not always equate to better or worse, especially for eliquids.

Unfortunately, vaping has ALOT of trial and error involved. Since money is not an issue for you, I would suggest signing up for a subscription service. Vapebox: Monthly Delivery of Vape E-liquids, Hardware, and Accessories , and ZampleBox | Best E-Liquid & Best E-Juice Subscription | Best Vape Liquid are two options. Vape box has the added advantage of selecting a box with gear. This will let you try new things while sticking with what is working for you now. Don't be too quick to abandon something that is working for you for something "newer", or "better". Take your time, and find out what you like/don't like about what you are using, so you can dial in on what your next purchase or "upgrade" should be.

Also, don't be too quick to get rid of that juice you don't like.
1.) Many e-liquids requiring steeping (letting them sit in a cool dark place, shaking every day or two, from anywhere from a week to a month) to reach their true potential. Flavors can deepen, combine, become more complex, and new flavors can emerge or become muted.
2.) Smoking has destroyed your taste buds, it takes months for them to get back to "normal". Something that tastes terrible (or amazing) now, will probably not taste the same to you in a month or two.

Good luck, and welcome to ECF.

Reactions: MarcosA

MarcosA

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2015
Puerto Rico
First of all, congrats on quitting the analogs!

Now, in terms of "the best gear", there is no such thing in the vaping world. There is too much personal preference based on what is comfortable to use, how much upkeep you are willing to do, your knowledge level and ability to troubleshoot, whether you like MTL (mouth to lung) or a direct lung hit, how warm or cool you like the vape, prefered airflow, how much flavor is important to you, what your prefered PG/VG ratio is, nicotine level, choice of coil/wicking material if you decide to rebuild, etc, etc. All gear has tradeoffs, and you have to know your personal preferences before finding the "best" gear for your style of vaping. And that is just hardware, when you get into eliquids taste is the most subjective thing about vaping. "High end" juices may not be the best for you depending how complex, PG/VG ratio, more flavor, less flavor, desired throat hit, different bases, nicotine bases, brands of flavoring, etc, etc. Price does not always equate to better or worse, especially for eliquids.

Unfortunately, vaping has ALOT of trial and error involved. Since money is not an issue for you, I would suggest signing up for a subscription service. Vapebox: Monthly Delivery of Vape E-liquids, Hardware, and Accessories , and ZampleBox | Best E-Liquid & Best E-Juice Subscription | Best Vape Liquid are two options. Vape box has the added advantage of selecting a box with gear. This will let you try new things while sticking with what is working for you now. Don't be too quick to abandon something that is working for you for something "newer", or "better". Take your time, and find out what you like/don't like about what you are using, so you can dial in on what your next purchase or "upgrade" should be.

Also, don't be too quick to get rid of that juice you don't like.
1.) Many e-liquids requiring steeping (letting them sit in a cool dark place, shaking every day or two, from anywhere from a week to a month) to reach their true potential. Flavors can deepen, combine, become more complex, and new flavors can emerge or become muted.
2.) Smoking has destroyed your taste buds, it takes months for them to get back to "normal". Something that tastes terrible (or amazing) now, will probably not taste the same to you in a month or two.

Good luck, and welcome to ECF.

What a beautiful well written response. Thanks for taking your time writting this. I'm enjoying this. Money not an issue when it comes to buying what i really wan't, not really up for those monthly stuff! But, i bought the ZampleBox! I saw some videos of it last week and i heard it's nice and comes with a LOT.
I honestly don't care about the throat hit, so thanks to members replies and reading, the higher the VG the less hit you get. I got myself a blueberry MAX VG from MT Maker something like that, and it has 0% throat hit, i don't even feel it. It's amazing. I will lean towards high VG because that's what i'm liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread