New Pro Tank Glue Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
The Pro tanks seems like a bad tank,all i hear is it falls apart.

So far I've had no issues with mine. I did manage to crack one, but I can hardly blame that on the tank. We'll have to see how they hold up over time, but right now they are by far my preferred delivery device.

I've never tried a vivi nova. So, I have no input as to weather or not they are good or bad. But, in the short time I've been on the forums I've seen a lot of threads about leaking and wicking issues. I've also seen a lot of posts by people that think they are the best thing ever created. Like the Protanks, I have a feeling it's just the by-product of being mass produced and highly popular.

To each their own I guess.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I have had great luck with my Protanks. After an initial airy draw and light flavor, I started using my EVOD coils. The protank hits much more richly and I love the flavor. Much better than any of my other devices. I have tried T-2 and T-3s, CE 4 and 5's, Vivis, and a few others. The closest I have found to Protank good was the EVODs, which I still use.

There is some QC issue with them, since the complaints I hear are quite frequent. I ordered three of the new batch, which have addressed some of the QC issues. We shall see how this batch does.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I swear ive had the opposite luck with my Protank. Ive dropped it twice and sat on it on my mod in my pocket. I use a beauty ring to snug against the bottom on the inside of my evic ring so it cant wobble which im sure helps as the 510 looks like it would break easily to me

I have had great luck with my Protanks. After an initial airy draw and light flavor, I started using my EVOD coils. The protank hits much more richly and I love the flavor. Much better than any of my other devices. I have tried T-2 and T-3s, CE 4 and 5's, Vivis, and a few others. The closest I have found to Protank good was the EVODs, which I still use.

There is some QC issue with them, since the complaints I hear are quite frequent. I ordered three of the new batch, which have addressed some of the QC issues. We shall see how this batch does.

I dont know why it wont let me like your post. Protanks and Evods are just light years better than anything ive tried, and i also use evod heads in both.

tcgenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Westmont, IL
Do you think that gorilla glue would fix it? I just found some in my drawer.

DSC00930.jpg DSC00931.jpg DSC00932.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have no leaks with the vision nova tanks what so ever,but i do find the AGA tanks seeps and makes my Vamo slimy,i also keep them standing up at all times.I think i would like the Evods like i do the novas,its hard to find the perfect tank.

I have both a Vision Mini Vivi Nova (all metal variety) and an EVod. They both have Pro's and Con's but I hate the fact that there is no such thing as an all metal EVod they are all plastic with a metal covering with a window slit. So for now I use my Vivi for tank cracker juices and the EVod for the safe juices.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I have both a Vision Mini Vivi Nova (all metal variety) and an EVod. They both have Pro's and Con's but I hate the fact that there is no such thing as an all metal EVod they are all plastic with a metal covering with a window slit. So for now I use my Vivi for tank cracker juices and the EVod for the safe juices.

I too have all metal vison novas,anodized alumium,wont react too any type of juice,i love the metal tanks,i have a 3.5 ml but i had too sand it down flush so it would fit the orings better and not leak.

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I got 4 ProTanks a few months ago and they are all still working great. only mistake I made was buying a lot of replacement coils... I learned shortly after getting them that rebuilding my own coils for them make them about 10x better. I mostly running them at 1.2-1.4 ohm using .5 x .1 ribbon kanthal and 2-3mm silica wicks... I tried SS, but the space is too small and fiddly for me to do this well. I have reused the same coils I built about a month ago solidly, just occasionally rinsing and dry burning to clean them off.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I got 4 ProTanks a few months ago and they are all still working great. only mistake I made was buying a lot of replacement coils... I learned shortly after getting them that rebuilding my own coils for them make them about 10x better. I mostly running them at 1.2-1.4 ohm using .5 x .1 ribbon kanthal and 2-3mm silica wicks... I tried SS, but the space is too small and fiddly for me to do this well. I have reused the same coils I built about a month ago solidly, just occasionally rinsing and dry burning to clean them off.

Just prewrap the wire around a drill bit and insert the SS mesh after,just make sure you oxide the wick really good.I have all my novas with SS wicks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread