New shorty battery????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomccorkle

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Pittsburg Kansas
I just received a clearance shorty battery the other day. I love it except it seems it will get my carto god aweful hot in about 3-4 drags and I have to let it cool down. I was thinking it may be the cart but when I put it on a different battery it doesn't have that problem ( 2 other manual standards and 1 other xl auto) Anywhoo I tried a couple other carts on it and it does the same thing..... Any ideas?? Am I doing something wrong maybe??

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Technically speaking Bomccorkle there isn't anything that could cause that, don't get me wrong I'm not saying it isn't happening. It's just that the battery itself can't produce more voltage than it's capacity which would increase the heat of the atomizer.

Is there any difference in draw....is the draw any tighter on the shorty which might cause you to draw even the slightest bit harder?

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
If that is the case Bom and yours is like Kanza's, just take a large sewing needle or thumb tack and stick it into the air intake holes located under the battery connector threads and in circular fashion open up the holes a little more. Those holes go straight through the housing into the recessed ring around the center post, this should lighten up the draw for you.

If your experience is the opposite, the draw is much lighter than your other batteries break off the tip of toothpick in one of the holes to plug it.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Snow, is there ANYTHING you don't know? I know one thing...I would probably have given up by now if not for your advice and the sage wisdom of some others here :) There's nothing like a support group that actually supports instead of ridiculing :)

Bom...that's it, Big Brutus! Did they remove the boom? <sigh> Is he Little Brutus now?

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Snow, is there ANYTHING you don't know? I know one thing...I would probably have given up by now if not for your advice and the sage wisdom of some others here :) There's nothing like a support group that actually supports instead of ridiculing :)

Just what I was thinking Kanza. How do you know all this Snow? I can't imagine how many batteries have been saved by your tips, but how many batteries have you killed finding out all this stuff ?!!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
:laugh::laugh::laugh:....haven't killed a battery yet. I did have one of my first kit batteries from 9 months ago die of natural causes though.

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

I'm glad to be your friend Kanza :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread