New tank.. Cyclone or crown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I was about to buy the new cyclone tank online, but then saw that they had the crown tank for $25... now I'm not sure what to get. The cyclone is pretty new and I watched a few reviews, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the adjustable juice flow thing. I mean the herakles is my favorite tank that I have, so I figure the cyclone will also be great, but it looks like there's a little too much going on with it. The crown has a great reputation, so I wonder if I'm better off just getting that and using the $10 I save for a new battery or extra coils...

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Wow you've obviously been juggling the same options as me. Almost pulled the trigger on the black herakles from ecig.com for 17.50 but everyone raves about the crown.
EXACTLY! So I'm like hmm, I love the herakles but maybe there's something better out there. I like the looks of the cyclone but with the juice flow control and like split level tank, Idk looks like there's too much to go wrong. If it used the herakles coil heads I'd def grab it. Then I saw that good price on the crown and figured that's a safe bet, and I like ss coils. Recently got the tobeco mini super tank and triton ss coils, and it vapes really nice.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Yeah I've got the super tank coils, which was another reason I considered getting a tank that would work with them. I just feel like I need to experience the hype of the crown tank for myself. Plus I really like the black one. I feel from what I've read the crown is still the top dog in the subtank world. The smok tfv4 is up there with it but I hate the way it looks.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Yeah I've got the super tank coils, which was another reason I considered getting a tank that would work with them. I just feel like I need to experience the hype of the crown tank for myself. Plus I really like the black one. I feel from what I've read the crown is still the top dog in the subtank world. The smok tfv4 is up there with it but I hate the way it looks.
Plus you need a really powerful device to properly run the tfv4. Hoosier only has the silver crown, but I'm OK with that. I didn't love the super tank coils, did yours taste like straight rubber until they broke in? Mine did, at my local B&M they said it was normal, so I forced myself to vape through it, it was awful, but it did get better. I bought the .4 ohm triton ss coils and they are much better. Weird thing is they're recommended on the coil head itself for 25-35 watts iirc, but I'm using mine at 45-50.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I actually purchased the supertank coils for my thunderstorm sub ohm tank since it took Atlantis heads. The supertank heads have a raised section just below the threads on top and wouldn't fit so now I have a 5 pack of coils with nothing to put them in haha.
Hmm well get a mini super tank. I got mine for $25 at a B&M y could prob find it for under $20 online.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have them all and like my Crowns the best 2 Black and 2 stainless, The TFV4 is a beast but did not provide the taste with the triple or quad that the .25 and .15Ni do in the Crown. I have Ni coils for the TVF4 on the slowboat. The Starr and the Herks are next in line. Still very good tanks that have good taste and vapor. I did get a Black Herk from E-cig .com and the coating in the airflow is kind of purple like it was not annodized fully. Still works good so not bad for the $15 buck I paid for it. also ordered some Amigo heads because they fit the Starr and Herk and all the other that used atlantis type coils and they sent me a black Amigo tank instead. I am not complaning though the tank was worth two packs of coils and is decent for the price especially for 7.99.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I'm not familiar with the other tank. But I have a silver crown. Had it for around two weeks. Great tank no gurgling or leaks very easy to fill.
One advantage of the crown is that aside from the Nickel TC Atty, the rest of the Attys are stainless steel.

I've found the Stainless steel coils work great and the vape is very good. I like the idea of Stainless Steel Coils, Stainless Steel has been used in cooking
since forever, exposed to chemicals and high heat without degrading or poisoning the Chef. I have a feeling that Stainless Steel Coils will eventually be considered
the safest coils and dominate the market. But who knows.

The .15 TC Coil worked flawlessly on my mod, but I'm steering clear of Nickel Coils, Just don't trust the metal.

I've been vaping on the .25 SS Coil at around 50 to 60 watts on my Cloupor Gt 80.
To me that's a sweet spot for the Crown. Huge clouds. In the two weeks that I've had this tank I've never had
a dry hit.

I read that the Cyclone also uses SS Coils.

This Tank is thirsty, I've gone from 5ml a day to around 15ml a day and I've lowered my nic to 3mg from 5mg. So you'll need to start DIY or
find a dealer who sells economical juice in bulk. I Diy.
Been reading on the forums that the black crowns may have problems with the O rings [Slightly wrong sized] .
So a silver Crown is a safer bet.

I can't recommend the Crown over the other tank because I haven't tried the other tank but I am endorsing the Crown on it's own and my perception
that SS Coils may be the safest. The Crown converted me from a bottom feeder [Dripper] to a Tank guy.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Pretty much the same as what Tom said.
I tried the SS Crown and immediately ordered 2 black ones when they were released.
.25Ω at 65-80W once they're broken in for a day at 45-50.
I chain vaped a freshly broken in coil at 120W for 5-6 big hits with no hint of dry hit or scorching.
The coils last me over 150ml with lightly flavored 90+VG 1-2% DW 3mg
The o-ring on one tank was slightly twisted so I straightened it out and no leaking since.
I was already sick of Subtank mini BS and finished the tankful in my Arctic then got those ready to sell.
I'm happy with the Crown and won't try another while I still am.
The Cyclone could be better but I don't see myself trying anything different for a long time.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Just revisited this thread and am happy to see that I made a good decision. I went ahead and ordered a black crown, should be here by Friday. Now back to finding more liquid, typically make one hardware purchase one week and 120 ml liquid purchase the next. The never ending cycle!
Let me know when you get a chance to use your crown, I haven't placed my order yet. There's one local shop I haven't checked yet, I may do that so I don't have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread