New tank with bottom coil :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
I'm new to vaping, about 6 weeks. I have an Innokin ego that came in a starter kit from my local store. It came with disposable tanks, so when they were gone, I went back to the store. They gave me 2- CE4's.

I was not happy with the CE4's, due to the mess and liquid wasting. Both of them broke at the point where the plastic meets the metal. And, the flavor was gone after a few days and the "draw" was increasingly difficult.

So back to the store I went and I was given a bottom coil tank. Now I'm happy. I paid $7.99 each plus tax. What I'm looking for are suggestions on where to buy them on line. I feel I can get them cheaper.

Thanks again!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm new to vaping, about 6 weeks. I have an Innokin ego that came in a starter kit from my local store. It came with disposable tanks, so when they were gone, I went back to the store. They gave me 2- CE4's.

I was not happy with the CE4's, due to the mess and liquid wasting. Both of them broke at the point where the plastic meets the metal. And, the flavor was gone after a few days and the "draw" was increasingly difficult.

So back to the store I went and I was given a bottom coil tank. Now I'm happy. I paid $7.99 each plus tax. What I'm looking for are suggestions on where to buy them on line. I feel I can get them cheaper.

Thanks again!

See if you can get a couple of these
1640100-1.jpg

miniprotank2 v2.

Get replacement coils for them, and be prepared to rewick and/or recoil the coils or else keep buying replacement coils.
Stop throwing away your protank coils – ITCVapes

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Thanks for the reply.

I have a question, though. My tank looks like a CE4, but it's filled from the bottom, it's plastic, and there's no cotton in it, just a silver metal bottom and a clear tube. How is it rebuilt? Thanks again.

My wife uses the Protank2 Minis. She loves 'em. They're decent enough with the stock atomizer heads but fantastic with micro coil / cotton.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks for the reply.

I have a question, though. My tank looks like a CE4, but it's filled from the bottom, it's plastic, and there's no cotton in it, just a silver metal bottom and a clear tube. How is it rebuilt? Thanks again.

The coil is at the bottom; short wick;

bottom coil tanks may leak because they have holes at the bottom for liquid to get to the coil

top coils might get dry if the liquid wicks upward slower than you vape.

my bottom coil tanks don't leak anymore since I started rewicking with cotton

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like you have something like a Kanger T3S. If you follow the link Edyle posted ("stop throwing away your coils..."), you'll see how the wicks are held in a bottom coil atomizer (which is the pin-like thing that screws into the bottom of the tank). If you do not wish to re-wick your coils, you will need to buy replacement coils every 1-2 weeks, as the juice you use will gum up the coil and degrade its performance (you'll lose a lot of flavor, get dry hits, and/or get a burnt taste to your vape). You can keep the rest of your tank--you'll just need to replace the coil ($6-$8 online for a 5-pack, so not too expensive).

Also note that since your tank is plastic, it may crack if you use certain flavors (citrus and cinnamon are common culprits). The Protank 2 Mini's that have been suggested are glass and can handle such flavors. The disadvantage of glass, of course, is that it is breakable. This is why people often get a couple of tanks. Another option is to get a glass tank that is sheathed in metal, such as the Evod Glass, that has at least a little protection against drops.

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
Thanks for the reply.

The coil usually screws into the base, and comes out attached to the base when you refill your juice, Just unscrew it and pop another in to replace.

@dreamersword: I like the iclear 30s aswell it did taste quite different to my protank2 mini. does look silly when put on my ego though. like one of those round lollipops you get.

Last edited:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
My wife and I both vape. We have gone almost exclusively with Protank, Protank 2, and Puritank. They are bottom coil tanks.
I vape heavily and go through about a coil a week. I clean and reuse all of my atomizers and have a couple that have burned out. those I plan to re-coil and put back into the rotation.
I order my tanks and such from Fasttech (in china) due to their low prices and free shipping. It takes 2-3 weeks to receive an order. Occasionally I'll order from Ebay but not regularly.

Here's the process I use for cleaning atomizer heads (coils)
This video gives a good show and tell to make my written instructions more clear
Vapor Lady Lounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube
I do one thing that none of the videos I've seen don't, and that is a step on cleaning the flavor wicks.

Soak in 91% Isopropyl alcohol or everclear over night or until I get 5-6 to clean.
Rinse throughly with warm tap water forcing water into the wick area.
Towel dry and blow out any water.
mount the head on a tank base.
Remove the gasket and stem.
Remove the flavor wick(s).
Dry burn 6 watts, 5 seconds on/off. Repeat until coils are all turning red and wick is clean.
Blow the burned off crud away.
Hold the flavor wick with tweezer while burning them with a lighter or torch until wick is clean.
-Place the flavor wick back on top of the coil.
Or
-Replace the flavor wick with the material of your choice.
Reinstall the stem and gasket.

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
Soak in 91% Isopropyl alcohol or everclear over night or until I get 5-6 to clean.
Rinse throughly with warm tap water forcing water into the wick area.
Towel dry and blow out any water.
mount the head on a tank base.
Remove the gasket and stem.
Remove the flavor wick(s).
Dry burn 6 watts, 5 seconds on/off. Repeat until coils are all turning red and wick is clean.
Blow the burned off crud away.
Hold the flavor wick with tweezer while burning them with a lighter or torch until wick is clean.
-Place the flavor wick back on top of the coil.
Or
-Replace the flavor wick with the material of your choice.
Reinstall the stem and gasket.

Thanks for the tip I have a 2 litre container of isopropanol (PROPAN-2-OL) that I use as a thinner/cleaning agent when using acrylics.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
If you use Isopropyl alcohol make sure you let it sit out for 24 hours to dry out I think it is a poison if you smoke it.

Dry burning will dry out any alcohol or water left in the atomizer. I've been using Isopropyl for months and ain't dead yet (or even walking with a limp, lol). I don't, however, use them immediately after cleaning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread