New to board and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, UK based former smoker of 17 years give or take. I recently decided to switch to electronic cigerettes from tobacco under my own steam ( no puns implied ) No particular reason or external pressure, just that I wanted to continue smoking, though i figured if vaping were a cheaper and more importantly healthier alternative to smoking, I'd be a muppet for not at the very least giving them a try. I made the fools error however, and started that journey with greensmoke, obviously I've realized my short comings with that choice by this point However I am still greatful as the end result was still the same, I've not touched tobacco since I started using them, while I intend to keep the kit as a backup, its time to borrow further down the perverbial "rabbit hole" and explore I shall not be alone on this journey, as a few close friends and family members having observed me breaking the habit, have expressed a desire to follow suit

Last edited:

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
I am also new to both. I understand how you feel. I didn't know what I was in for until I took that leap. I have only been vamping for a month. I have given up cigs entirely and have not really desired one since buying my first kit. In fact, I can't stand the steel of the "smoking areas" when I walk near them. I can smell cig smoke when my wife (who hasn't smoked in 14 years) can't. We both have a lot to learn and experience. Keep involved and ask questions as much as you can. I know I do.....:toast:

Jargon

Jul 8, 2012
Greece
These are really good times to try vaping and the commercial atomizers have improved immensely since I started vaping 2 years ago.

Try to find a good retail store and go try out a few of the new bottom coil tank atomizers to see what you like best and you are good to go. Another thing I would choose is a constant voltage battery instead of the typical ego but that is just my opinion.

Thanks for the kind words

Regarding old habits, when I first started smoking it was regular cigerettes, however I migrated onto rolling tobacco (something theraputic about being able to roll your own?) and towards the end was actually using those little filter tips you can stick in the end of the rollup which meant I didn't have to worry about those nasty bits of dust when your near the end of a pouch. At this point I would occasionly smoke regular cigerettes, but they would serve as an occasional "treat" because they are just so dear (just under £7 for 20)

I definatly think through my age (early 30's) and not having spent 20, 30, 40 years on the sticks has made the process of switching alot easier, as I said before absolutely no pressure to actually pack tobacco in, electronic ciggys just seemed too good to be true, so I took the plunge and liked them

Lots of reading up to do, my intention is to "demote" my GS kit to the substitute bench, where it will serve as either a backup for myself (when my vape of choice is out of juice), or a demo product for those close to me to look at when they feel like trying it out

I'm leaning towards something along the lines of the VE Riva set, I have some practical priorities when it comes to choosing a kit mind :)

The retailer (etailer?) needs to be local, as in within the UK. I don't trust the postal services at the best of times, plus it removes the potential headache associated with ordering goods from either sides of the pond (namely vat, tax or other surcharges ontop of expensive delivery costs) especially when so many countries seem to have different rules on exports

I'm quite open minded on flavors, however Throat Hit is a big thing for me, its probably a key factor into managing to trick my mind into accepting ecigs over tobacco

Should also point out theres no tobacco outlets local to me so I'm having to go the online route, obviously I can use YT to view reviews.. it does not beat actually having a product in your hand to get a feel for it, this also means I have to stock my supply well in advance as I'm at the mercy of postman pat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread