Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I had a very bad arthritis day or two recently, so decided it's time to finally check out cbd. Occasional ibuprophen has been enough until now, but I'd rather not go to being a full time user of it. I've read tons of cbd info, although most review sites seemed more designed for generating affiliate commissions than for unbiased info.

I ended up ordering cbd isolate in PG from River Supply and flavored Nude 100 cbd from somewhere else. Commercial flavored nic liquid always had too much flavoring for me, and the River cbd is 100 mg/ml so I expect to dilute both down with PG & VG for vaping. I vape about 2ml of 25mg nic a day now, at 10 to 11 watts in my mods, maybe a bit higher in a pod.

Now for my questions, what mg/ml level should I aim for in mixing? Just cbd, not mixed with nic. Does cbd have a taste of it's own if unflavored? Is 10 watts ok? Pod or mod, or does it matter? I'm thinking a couple of sessions of cbd a day and my usual nic the rest of the time.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I think there's one or two folks here who use liquid CBD products. I'm not one of them so can't really help you. Hopefully someone will be along to give you some tips soon. I will say that you should expand your search a bit - isolate may be lacking.

Yes, I've read that "full spectrum" may work better. But, for several reasons I wanted to try isolate first.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I use isolate on a regular basis.

Yes it does have a flavour, at least the one I use does. It also strangely produces a bit of a numb tongue when I vape a lot of it.
The atomizer and wattage choice makes no difference.
You cannot use too much VG in the mix as this causes the isolate to crystallise and form a precipitate in the juice rendering it useless. The threshold for me is about 60% VG.
The isolate tends to crystallise on wicking and gloop it up. For this reason I use it with an RDA rather than an RTA.
I mix mine out to be around 350mg, this works well for me.

My preferred vendor is CBD E-Liquid | CBD Vape Liquid | LiQuid CBD

They do a flavoured 10ml at 300mg for £5
They also do a 10ml 1000mg shot that can be diluted out for £15

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I use isolate on a regular basis.

Yes it does have a flavour, at least the one I use does. It also strangely produces a bit of a numb tongue when I vape a lot of it.
The atomizer and wattage choice makes no difference.
You cannot use too much VG in the mix as this causes the isolate to crystallise and form a precipitate in the juice rendering it useless. The threshold for me is about 60% VG.
The isolate tends to crystallise on wicking and gloop it up. For this reason I use it with an RDA rather than an RTA.
I mix mine out to be around 350mg, this works well for me.

My preferred vendor is CBD E-Liquid | CBD Vape Liquid | LiQuid CBD

They do a flavoured 10ml at 300mg for £5
They also do a 10ml 1000mg shot that can be diluted out for £15

I tried to register at LiQuid and they didn't let me register with a US address, so I emailed them and was told they don't ship to the US.

Both my orders should arrive today. Thanks for the reply!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
One week in. I mixed the CBD to 10mg/ml strength, which meant cutting the flavored Naked100 to 1/4 strength. That was perfect for the flavor, their Hawaiian Pog is really nice. Vaped about 1 ml a day for 6 days and felt no different.

Going to 20mg/ml by mixing in some of the unflavored River CBD, 1 day at this level so far and no difference in joint pain or sleep quality. But, I have noticed something unexpected today, but I'll hold off saying what until I see if this change holds up.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
CBD is seriously overhyped because, even though it is true the fact it CAN help for some, for the vast majority of people it simply does not. Common pitfalls are that you really need to do a lot of strong research to weed out all the marketeering quackery that has gone through the roof and many miles beyond in recent years. In fact, even if you choose a manufacturer that is highly transparent about the purity of its CBD products through widespread support from trusted scientific networks across the globe, the fact still remains that some of terpenes found in full spectrum (and in broad spectrum) CBD products have not been well studied with regards to their safety, which is important especially when talking long-term frequent use of relatively high doses. The only way to avoid this is to go for high purity (i.e. medicinal grade) CBD isolate, but then you sacrifice a large part of the potency as a result from not getting the so-called entourage effect so, in order to compensate, you need to use a much higher dose of CBD. As a typical result, the cost associated with ingesting high doses of high strength CBD will be not sustainable excepting only few cases. Which is PRECISELY what marketeers aren't telling you.

That said, I don't use CBD anymore. In every way possible, dropping even just a single droplet of doTerra Copaiba essential oil under my tongue worked better for me than the combination of BOTH vaping lots of CBD e-juice AND dropping lots of CBD tincture under my tongue, and, that is despite I have compared reputable brands of CBD for many months costing several hundreds in total, plus countless hours spent on researching CBD and on skipping all the pseudo-scientific advertisements that flooded my search results.

CBDVapeFan

Unresolved Status
Apr 21, 2020
cbdoily.ie
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

CBDVapeFan

Unresolved Status
Apr 21, 2020
cbdoily.ie
  • Deleted by Misty

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I started vaping the isolate liquids from Naked100 and River Supply 6 weeks ago. I did notice some subtle and very gradual effect from it.
I decided to try some full spectrum, and got some from Halo. So far, I'd say the full spectrum is more effective. I do feel better, but not "dancing in the street" better.

WandaRobertson

Aug 8, 2021
One of the top benefits of CBD oil is that it can help you. Thousands of people around the world have been using CBD oil to take their pain away. Many reports that it works similar to an opiate, giving them a powerful sense of well-being. However, this doesn't mean that all CBD products are going to be good for you. You have to find the best one. Also, my advice is to use a good glass dab rig. In this way, you will get more pleasure from it. On the other hand, CBD has some very adverse effects, mainly when used in large quantities. So take care!

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread