New to DIY eJuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashwave

Apr 12, 2021
Hello all
I have been reading the forum now for a few weeks trying to learn all I can for making our own juice. I thought I knew most of the lingo but I after reading some posts a lot of it is still a foreign language ;)
As many of you know the US laws now ban us from getting our juice thru mail pretty much, b/c of some idiots and dumber politicians. I was actually at 0mg (ok sometimes I cheat and add 3mg) for a while so not sure why 'I' can't get my juice.
I have been thinking of making my own juice for a while now and have done research. I bought some flavors, PG/VG, and Nic base and actually made my first 30ml attempt at a Bad Drip Bad Blood clone. It's still steeping but added a few drops in my tank and so far so good :thumb:.
Our go to juice is actually Occultus Templar. I have found one recipe but no reviews or comments. I have all the ingredients (I think) but have not attempted the recipe yet. If anyone knows of a good templar recipes let me know please. also Detroit Underground River Raisin is another one we used to get a few years ago but the shop that had it went out of business as many vape shops here in the US have.
Getting the flavors shipped here was no problem, the nicotine base on the other hand needed a work around because not allowed to ship to our state, DOUBLE BANNED :-x. My biggest challenge was making the 10% ethyl vanillin. When I got it I didnt even know I had to make it as I got crystals. Got on the forum and found lots of info on how to make it. I actually made 20% (I think) and will dilute that as/when needed.

I want to thank the forum creators and members for the great amount of knowledge here. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello all
I have been reading the forum now for a few weeks trying to learn all I can for making our own juice. I thought I knew most of the lingo but I after reading some posts a lot of it is still a foreign language ;)
As many of you know the US laws now ban us from getting our juice thru mail pretty much, b/c of some idiots and dumber politicians. I was actually at 0mg (ok sometimes I cheat and add 3mg) for a while so not sure why 'I' can't get my juice.
I have been thinking of making my own juice for a while now and have done research. I bought some flavors, PG/VG, and Nic base and actually made my first 30ml attempt at a Bad Drip Bad Blood clone. It's still steeping but added a few drops in my tank and so far so good :thumb:.
Our go to juice is actually Occultus Templar. I have found one recipe but no reviews or comments. I have all the ingredients (I think) but have not attempted the recipe yet. If anyone knows of a good templar recipes let me know please. also Detroit Underground River Raisin is another one we used to get a few years ago but the shop that had it went out of business as many vape shops here in the US have.
Getting the flavors shipped here was no problem, the nicotine base on the other hand needed a work around because not allowed to ship to our state, DOUBLE BANNED :-x. My biggest challenge was making the 10% ethyl vanillin. When I got it I didnt even know I had to make it as I got crystals. Got on the forum and found lots of info on how to make it. I actually made 20% (I think) and will dilute that as/when needed.

I want to thank the forum creators and members for the great amount of knowledge here. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. :thumbs:

Welcome to ECF!

You might enjoy perusing this thread for uncomplicated recipes:

Recipes for Dummies

Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Agree
Reactions: Shadav

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My biggest challenge was making the 10% ethyl vanillin. When I got it I didnt even know I had to make it as I got crystals. Got on the forum and found lots of info on how to make it. I actually made 20% (I think) and will dilute that as/when needed.

I'm not sure where you ordered that, but The Flavor Apprentice 10% Vanillin does come in liquid form, with the crystals already dissolved in the PG at a 10% concentration. It's available in several different sizes...ready-to-use as is, in a recipe. Description from TFA: "This is Vanillin crystals 10% in PG. Intensely sweet and very tenacious creamy vanilla odor."

So...if you made yours at 20%...you'll likely want to use a very tiny amount in any recipe. It is a coil-gunker flavoring if you use too much, even at the 10% it comes in from TFA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread