The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New to E-Cigs? Ask Questions Here!

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by MrDismal, Jan 28, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrDismal

MrDismal Moderator ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    It's worth looking on supply websites then working it out yourself.
    First look at buying a starter kit (get advice on what would suit you best), then look at buying juice.
    Either way, you will always save cash (and your health).

2. reece86

reece86 Full Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Australia
    Anyone got some good supply website? or where do you get yours?

3. MrDismal

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    Try heaven-gifts.com. But they're on a Chinese new year holiday atm and won't be shipping until a week or so.
    But surf these forums for other good sites! People around here review a lot of the supplier sites.

4. KiteStyle

KiteStyle Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2009
    Australia
    Really simple and rough: $200 setup will get you 3 months then 'bank' $10 per week for future attys, juices, empty carts.

5. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*

I agree with this advice,

this would get you started with a good supply for about 3 months and as is said here,
    your average ongoing costs will be approx -- 10.00 per week

this is far better than on tobacco costs-------

and better for you too -------
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. COM76

COM76 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I think i just made myself sick. I made my first no nic e fluid. I used equal amounts of PG, VG, Vodka to a measurment of 10ml. Then added small amounts of Queens strawberry and Queens coconut. Got pain in the gut did i do something wrong? Its going away slowly thank god.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Timtam

Timtam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2009
    Australia
    There is alcohol in the Queens essences already, so you may have added just a bit too much. If you are feeling game, give it another vape* and see if the pain comes back. If it does, it may be best to start a thread in the Health section.

I assume no responsibility for anything that may happen to you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DrZanis

DrZanis Full Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Check out the suppliers who ship to Australia - [FONT="]e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/australian-e-smokers/74937-suppliers-who-ship-australia.html[/FONT]

Plenty of suppliers but youll have to do a bit of research to find what best suits you. Best value kit would depend on the situation; then factor in you will need to buy spare parts, batteries atomizers, cartridges & their comparative costs.

My preference is the M601 kit from AbsolutelyeCigs.com and still searching for a steady source of juice.

9. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    Need some help guys. I have a Tornado and a green smoke e cig. I am not confident in bringing the Tornado out in public and the green smoke e cig is kinda crap. I am looking for something that can not turn heads in public as much. Cant decide on the 510 or the 901 or can someone recomend something else. The 510 would be handy cause then i have the chargers and the carts from the tornado but i really dont mind please all the help you can give in this matter would be appreciated. I like throat hit dont care so much about vap and battery time but i do care for quality (something that will not break or chew through atomizers) thanks all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ralph123

ralph123 Full Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Australia
    Where are people getting thier drip bottles from ? I asked about 5 chemists and they gave me stupid looks :p

11. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    I got some 30ml brown bottles with the niple lid (like an eye dropper) from 2 chemists for $1.00 each. Just go to a few chemists and ask for the small brown glass bottles. Or try aromatherapy (hippy) shops they sometimes have them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    Since you have a tornado, the logical direction would be a 510, battery life isnt great, I have got around this by getting 901 battery with an adapter, next to the chameleon, I like the 510.

my 2 cents worth

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrDismal

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    510's your best bet.. I have ordered a lot of 510 equipment and they're great. If you're worried about battery life get a PCC. And if you're still worried about public vaping, get white batt's as they look more like a cigarette with a red/orange LED on the end.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dinium

dinium Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Get the ones with the black dropper teats - they're made of nitrile, not rubber. Aromatherapy shops are the go, or ebay:

AROMA QUEEN Essential Oil 24mm DROPPER
    AROMA QUEEN Essential Oil 20mm DROPPER

There's plenty of bottles on there as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. COM76

Mar 18, 2010
    QLD, Australia
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dinium

dinium Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Rubber perishes. It may not be an issue, but I'd rather be on the safe side when it comes to what I inhale. And if you use oil based flavourings (contrary to the recommendations) it can significantly accelerate the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MyGGlovesme

MyGGlovesme Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2011
    Australia
    Hi everyone! One question: Is there anyone living and vaping in Tasmania? :)

18. Rysup

Rysup Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    LOL

Nitrile (NBR) is rubber...

• Like Like x 1
  19. arjay55

arjay55 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2010
    - ɹəpun uʍop -
    I know there are people living in Tassie. I've seen them.

Sorry - I know I'm an ..., but I couldn't help myself. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. MyGGlovesme

MyGGlovesme Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2011
    Australia
    Thank you anyway. :)

• Like Like x 1