New to ECF and Need a Little Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I am not new to vaping but I am slowly getting more experience. I started in 2011 with the Blu E-Cig pack and was really let down by it's performance. I got rid of it and switched back to cigarettes for a year or so before switching to a EGO battery with a basic cartomizer. Just recently upgraded to the Kanger Pro-tank 2 for my EGO battery. I just today ordered a new rig. I purchased a iTaste vv and the iClear 30b clearomizer to go with it.

I have two questions for ECF.

1- It was a toss up between the iClear 30b and the Protank 3. Both dual coil bottom fed tanks, both got good reviews. I would like to hear some of your opinions on the matter though. I went with the iClear due to leaking issues with my protank 2. Did I make a smart decision?

2- The website that I purchased everything from, kustomvapes.com, only offered dual coils for the iClear in 2.1 resistance. I bought a variable voltage/ wattage device to experiment a little more. Do any of you at ECF know of a place where I can buy compatible coils for my iClear 30b in a higher resistance? I would like to get up to 4 ohms or more.

Any feed back would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Subject666

Oct 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
1. No decision is ever right or wrong..every different tank or carto performs different for everyone.. I have tried many different tanks/ cartos that others said worked awesome and I never liked them, probably because of my all pg juice i use tends to leak easier...The best bet is when u get your Iclear..if u like it great! if not research the forum for some possible tweaks or fixes

ACIDXFX

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Halethorpe, MD, USA
It is a very good device. Depending on how often you vape, the battery might be a bit small, but it has a pass-through so that you can charge and vape at the same time. It's been my out and about/work vape for 4 months now, and it never misses a beat. If you end up needing a larger battery, you can always step up to the MVP (Also by ITaste/Innokin), as long as you don't mind the box look.

v1ck

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Yorkshire, UK
Hey! i'm new also so maybe read but ignore what i say...

I have all 3 of the iclear30 models, the 30b came with my cool fire 1 which is my out and about device.

The 30b is excellent its very cool looking, my newbie advice would be... don't overfill, don't try and fill the wrong way round and don't try and put too thicker juice in it as its a plastic.

v1ck.

bryman021

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Bradford, PA, USA
Both the Iclear and the protank are great IMO. I prefer the protank because its glass so I don't have to worry if the juice I put in it will crack the plastic. That said I do have several plastic tanks and they perform just as well, just gotta be aware what juice is going in it so that it doesn't crack.

Like others have said since your getting a VV/VW device coil resistance won't be a huge issue for you. You can set the device to say 8.5 watts and no matter what resistance your coil is it will be running @ 8.5 watts. The device will adjust the voltage based on the coil to achieve the desired wattage.

example:
1.5 ohm coil set to 8.5 watts = approx 3.6 volts
3.0 ohm coil set to 8.5 watss = approx 5.0 volts

Also I don't know how high the voltage will go on the iTaste but if you put a 4.0 ohm coil on there it may not have the voltage required to get to 8.5 watts.
4.0 ohm coil set to 8.5 watts = approx 5.85 volts

But like was said unless you make your own coils I don't think you'll find one available over 3.5 ohms

I personally like my coils in the 1.4 - 1.9 ohm range.YMMV

I really appreciate all the input I'm receiving. Its very helpful.

I hear what youre saying about the glass vs. Plastic tanks but I had a lot of issues with my protank 2. It leaked a lot. Idk what the problem was but I was pretty disappointed. I think I will end up ordering a protank 3 too and see where that gets me.

I think I'm gonna look into getting a bigger device for at home. I was thinking lavatube v2.5. Anyone have any suggestions as far as mod devices? Did I use that term right; mod devices? Lol sorry. Very new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread