new to ECF Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

balance

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome, woodhippy!

I'm pretty new here too, but I've been slowly stepping off the eGo path. First, I moved to a Vision Spinner with variable voltage. I loved the awesome ability to change throat hit by changinjg the voltage. However, mine has a few charging issues, so I've added an iTaste VV V3, which has variable voltage, variable watts, and pass-through charging capability. I'm really, really enjoying vaping on the VV V3; the vape feels smoother somehow, but I have no idea why. Nonetheless, it's a joy to be be able to vape while the device recharges.

I'm sure folks will turn up to tell you about more advanced devices that do vv/vw; I'm guessing you'll hear a lot about the MVP and the iStick, (which I'm considering solely for the longer battery life). I've been amazed by all the expertise here on the forums, so I'm sure you'll hear from some more experienced vapers soon.

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
Welcome, woodhippy!

I'm pretty new here too, but I've been slowly stepping off the eGo path. First, I moved to a Vision Spinner with variable voltage. I loved the awesome ability to change throat hit by changinjg the voltage. However, mine has a few charging issues, so I've added an iTaste VV V3, which has variable voltage, variable watts, and pass-through charging capability. I'm really, really enjoying vaping on the VV V3; the vape feels smoother somehow, but I have no idea why. Nonetheless, it's a joy to be be able to vape while the device recharges.

I'm sure folks will turn up to tell you about more advanced devices that do vv/vw; I'm guessing you'll hear a lot about the MVP and the iStick, (which I'm considering solely for the longer battery life). I've been amazed by all the expertise here on the forums, so I'm sure you'll hear from some more experienced vapers soon.

Thanks all for the warm welcome

balance The itaste v3 is on my watch list as are a few others but the price for some are to steep for me to grasp at this point. Other than the charging issue with the vision spinner. Any other problems? I have a very good local vape shop that would take care of a charging issue. If I went that route.
Any other reasonable option out there. Your thoughts Please

Woodhippy

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA

balance The itaste v3 is on my watch list as are a few others but the price for some are to steep for me to grasp at this point. Other than the charging issue with the vision spinner. Any other problems? I have a very good local vape shop that would take care of a charging issue. If I went that route.

Woodhippy
Welcome and congratulations! I would suggest the MVP2 as a very good upgrade to start (and possibly forever) They are a real work horse and have been proven over time to have very few issues. You can pick them up online many places for under $50 and that includes a clearomizer.

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO

Woodhippy

I forgot to add I did buy a nautilus aspire mini last week and love it. even though i only have a ego battery

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Welcome, woodhippy!

The vape is going to be smoother because the Itaste (sister to the MVP2) has a better regulator in it (not totally sure of the technical details) but the power is going to be far more consistent constantly than the Spinner. Someone else can chime in on the nuts and bolts of why that is... but you are not imagining this it is a much better device than the Spinner.

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
The vape is going to be smoother because the Itaste (sister to the MVP2) has a better regulator in it (not totally sure of the technical details) but the power is going to be far more consistent constantly than the Spinner. Someone else can chime in on the nuts and bolts of why that is... but you are not imagining this it is a much better device than the Spinner.
Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0
Thats my second choice. But i worry about carrying the weight around all day in my pocket. On the other hand the pass through feature is cool.(woodhippy take a long hit of blueberry wild )

Any more ideas
Woodhippy

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0
Thats my second choice. But i worry about carrying the weight around all day in my pocket. On the other hand the pass through feature is cool.(woodhippy take a long hit of blueberry wild )

Any more ideas
Woodhippy
The MVP is surprisingly light and very pocket friendly I always thought it looked to big in the pictures before I picked up my first one. The new istick by eleaf looks really nice as well and should be priced very well I think when they come out. There are pre orders going on all over the internet right now.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I forgot to add I did buy a nautilus aspire mini last week and love it. even though i only have a ego battery

In that case I'd suggest going for the mvp2 over the vv v3.
nautilus is dual coils; they draw more power, so you'd want something with more capacity and an ego sized battery.

balance

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA

Woodhippy

I really like my Spinner, and still use it often when the VV V3 is charging. On one of my first posts, the well-known ECF persona Baditude said that he found Variable Voltage a game changer, and I think he was right. For me, the ability to change the voltage brought with it the ability to change the heat, the throat hit, and sometimes, the flavor of my vape.

That being said, it seems that the Spinner (and I have a Spinner 1, not 2) has some charging issues. You can search here at the forums, but basically what I've learned is that for best results:
* set the voltage for 4.2 on the Spinner before charging
* after the light on the charger turns green, disconnect the Spinner and then, reconnect. Odds are that the charger will turn red again, and begin charging again. When the light turns green the second time, the Spinner is usually (though in my case, not always) fully charged.
* keep the connection clean. Wipe out the connection well with a Q-tip. This may be more effective with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. I pour two fingers of vodka, dip in a Q-tip, wipe out the well, and drink down the rest of the vodka. Your mileage may vary. :)

That said, I still prefer the iTaste VV V3. I'm vaping on it now, while it charges! Awesome!

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
In that case I'd suggest going for the mvp2 over the vv v3.
nautilus is dual coils; they draw more power, so you'd want something with more capacity and an ego sized battery.

My
nautilus aspire mini use bvc coils not the bdc But I think I will go with mvp2 at this point. Off to the vape store to look around
Woodhippy

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
I really like my Spinner, and still use it often when the VV V3 is charging. On one of my first posts, the well-known ECF persona Baditude said that he found Variable Voltage a game changer, and I think he was right. For me, the ability to change the voltage brought with it the ability to change the heat, the throat hit, and sometimes, the flavor of my vape.

That being said, it seems that the Spinner (and I have a Spinner 1, not 2) has some charging issues. You can search here at the forums, but basically what I've learned is that for best results:
* set the voltage for 4.2 on the Spinner before charging
* after the light on the charger turns green, disconnect the Spinner and then, reconnect. Odds are that the charger will turn red again, and begin charging again. When the light turns green the second time, the Spinner is usually (though in my case, not always) fully charged.
* keep the connection clean. Wipe out the connection well with a Q-tip. This may be more effective with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol. I pour two fingers of vodka, dip in a Q-tip, wipe out the well, and drink down the rest of the vodka. Your mileage may vary. :)

That said, I still prefer the iTaste VV V3. I'm vaping on it now, while it charges! Awesome!

Balance I don't drink vodka it would have to be moon shine or bourbon for me.
thanks for the input Woodhippy

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf woodhippy. So glad you are here and congrats on the 45 days. Isn't vaping wonderful. I quickly went from ego style to the mvp2 and was very pleased. The I continued on to dripping which I fell in love with and now I am using a reo and I doubt I ever use anything else. It is nice when you find what makes you the happiest. Good luck to you and continued success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread