New to ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexion

Aug 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys. New to ECF. I've been vaping for 8 months, but by all means just assume I am brand new. While I've been vaping for 8 months, I've just been doing the same thing day after day. Much like lighting an analog in the past...just something I do. I want it to be more than that. I want to be able to enjoy it, not be something I just do in place of analogs.

PV: Bolt
Bat: 4 x 4.8v NiMH, 3 chargers.
PT: Standard joy-e? 5v, connected to wall with inverter. Just ordered a GV Amiga variable PT.
Tank: Vivi Nova v2.5 @ 2.8ohms
Juice: Dekang Menthol @ 16mg
Supplier: Excluding the PT from Gotvapes, I've exclusively dealt with MadVapes since they have a retail store near me.

So first off, in general, how am I doing? This is all I know and the only experience I have with vaping. Basically, I'm looking for any "LOL You're using THAT?!" items. It's hard for me to ask specific questions, as I have not used any other PVs or batteries.

Before I bought my PT, I was changing batteries what seemed like every few hours. I had 4 batteries and 3 chargers active at one point, all charging and switching them out in rotation. Now days with all my home vaping done with my PT, I still have to take a spare battery with me to work. Normal? To give you an idea of how much I vape, I've gone through about 30ml or so in 8 days. 90% of that is through the PT, however.

Just how good is the Vivi Nova? Are there better options? I've only been using it for a month or so and the only problem I have is that juices turn dark brown. I understand this naturally happens as it's exposed to air, but I've had a couple heads that instantly started pushing brown liquid from the wicks. I can only assume something happens to the coils, maybe bad assembly? Whatever happens in the coil area travels via the wicks and into the tank, displaying a stream of darkish brown liquid. Yet other heads keep the juice completely clear. Bad QA?
I've tried cartos and Smoktech dual coil tanks with pretty bad experience.

And speaking of juices...a very subjective matter, I understand, but in general, how are MadVape's 'Top Vapor' and Dekang juices? They're all I have ever tried. There is an overwhelming amount of e-juice suppliers and even more flavors, so I've stuck to what I'm familiar with. Really, the only juice I can vape all day is DeKang Menthol. It has a bad aftertaste and leaves my mouth really dry, but I think it's the TH that keeps me going back. I've tried many of MadVape's juices... Apple, Root Beer, Pina Colada, Coconut...I could go on. While most of them taste alright, they all have little to no TH and I get absolutely no pleasure from them. Is this the norm for flavored juices? I've been at 16mg for 5 months or so, is that just too low a nic level to get any TH? Or is it just the supplier? As a former smoker, do I need to learn to disregard that TH I'm used to from analogs and just enjoy the taste?

Volts...as you've probably noticed, I currently can only vape at 5v. I was told that the higher the voltage, the better. Am I missing out on anything serious?

Thanks in advance for even taking the time to read all this, and even more so if you decide to answer any questions. Really, thanks.

Sfgiants85

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bay area
Volts i think are personal preferences im probably wrong. Still learning on ecf .I still vape at 3.7

As for juice. You can always try a higher nicotine for fruity flavors. Or maybe higher PG i think
16mg is strong for me. You can always try a higher nicotine level on fruit flavors.
24mg maybe. I believe 36mg is the highest tried that once never again will i vape that

adl

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
I've of course looked around for juices...there's just way too many suppliers. While I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars here and there on different sites for samples, the shipping is the problem. Average $5 per site, from what I can gather. That would get ridiculously expensive very fast.

Look for coupon codes before you order. Every vendor I have used in the vendors section has had one.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm going to chime in with a personal juice favorite. I smoked menthols for 40 years, so my taste buds are pretty shot (although it seems to be getting better the longer I'm away from analogs). I can generally only taste strong cinnamon and menthol - that said, I love, love, love(!) RH Candy Cane by Vixen Vapors. Did I mention I love it? It's sweet, cinnamon and menthol with a nice TH, especially dripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread