New to ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo Bo

May 9, 2015
North Bay,ON Canada
Hi all!! New to the forum.

I have smoked for 33 years. Have tried many different ways of kicking the habit. My better half came home one day with a pamphlet on e cigs about 6 months ago (November 14th/2014). She said take a look at this. It was from a small shop in the mall. That evening after supper we took a ride to the mall and I purchased my first e cig. The ego starter kit and a bottle of juice.
I used to smoke 10 to 12 Captain Blacks a day. Which translates to about $10/day or $70/week or $3640/year. $120,120 in 33 years!!! Give or take.(today's cost)

It will be 6 months smoke free in 6 days from now. Feeling great!!
I was a bit skeptical at first but once I started vaping it went away quickly. I really enjoyed smoking my Captains but vaping is totally awesome!! I haven't had a craving for analogs since day one. Started at 18 mg strength and now down to 4 mg. I have visited ECF and others many times reading people's stories and gathering tons of info! vaping has really helped me quit and just wanted to shout out to all you guys and gals and especially give a big thank you to my beautiful soon to be wife for giving me that pamphlet.

A bit of a long one but this is my first post
Thanks All!!

Bo Bo

May 9, 2015
North Bay,ON Canada
I am not sure how forums work being new at this. Not much of a user, heck I don't even do Facebook!
I guess you could say I'm old school. Lol
One thing I do know is vaping has been a life changing experience for me thus far!
I have jumped in to the vaping world with both feet!
Oh yes and my fiancée has had many dinners since! And believe me the food tastes better every day!
It's just amazing what we miss out on while we were smokers. She has never smoked in her life and has a hard time understanding the things I tell her that have changed after quitting.

Rucerius

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Jupiter, Fl
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

This forum thing is a bit confusing.. Threads, posts ect....
Is what I did to start called a thread, and each time I reply or type a message a post?
You are correct, you started a thread and each response is posting a message, you catch on pretty quick... and yes, I'm a smart a......

Bo Bo

May 9, 2015
North Bay,ON Canada
:blink:
You are correct, you started a thread and each response is posting a message, you catch on pretty quick... and yes, I'm a smart a......
Now don't fall on your a... Laughing, but..... Is a thread like a "chat room" but with a purpose? Like to find out info on a subject?
Now I'm really showing my age!! :blink:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Welcome to ECF Bo Bo (and you too Bin Pan)!

Congratulations on becoming an ex-smoker. I'm glad that you took to it and that you enjoy it and prefer it to smoking like so many of us. When I got serious about vaping and quit smoking I was Googling a lot to learn more and ECF posts kept coming up in my searches. Eventually I had questions so I too joined ECF and continued to read different threads and expand my knowledge.

It's pretty incredible to regain your sense of smell and taste and notice the other benefits of kicking a habit that slowly kills you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread