New to ego...suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Wasn't sure of the best place to post this, but as I'm planning on switching to SOME sort of eGo setup, thought this would be the best place to start...

I've been using an e-Power for a couple of years and have been happy with the unit+ the XXL LR cartos from Madvapes. However, it looks like things have changed quite a bit during that time and it's getting harder to find the e-Power switches and the cartos I like, so it's time to make a change.

I want to go to some sort of eGo-type battery, preferably one that can be used as a passthrough while charging. As for the atomizer/clearomizer/tank, I bought an Aro tank (which I just learned is probably a knockoff) from a local vendor and, although I LOVE the idea of a bottom coil, I don't like the Aro...at all (WAY too airy, funny taste, fixed metal tip).

So, what I "want" is something like this...eGo-type batt that can be used as a passthrough while charging with some sort of a LR bottom coil tank that's not too "airy" (the Aro I have is like pulling air through a drinking straw!).

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot, folks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Suggest:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egc-ck6-all.htm

The batt is an eGo-c upgrade - best short and charge protection out there. It has a regulated and unregulated mode - 3.4V and 3.7V, batt led changes from white to dark blue to indicate charge left in the battery. 5 click on/off.

The clearo is bottom coil, no leaks - it has a top air vent which prevents any eliquid getting on the batt connection. The draw is less airy than any Kanger BCC. You'll need a thin tip bottle for filling:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/msc-drp-bot.htm

replaceable coil units - use the type A standard resistance:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egc-hed-all.htm

For passthrough - eGo-c with all the same feature above plus passthrough capabilities (if you're using mostly connected, get the 650mAh for comfort/length:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egc-upt-all.htm

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Thanks for the replies!

You know, when I first started vaping, the top dogs were the Chuck, the Provari, and a few other "custom" mods. I even got into making my own boxes, flashlight, and copper pipe mods, but it got too "fiddly" after a while. When I found the e-Power and the Smok Mega LR carto, I thought I'd died and went to heaven...no more fiddling with everything. I stayed with that setup for a couple of years and had no reason to see what was new and what was on the way out as I was satisfied with what I was using.

Now, with all this new stuff, I feel like I'm back at square one...don't know what fits what, a lot of new vendors around and don't know anything about them, a LOT of new types of atomizers/tanks/clearomizers/cartomizers, bottom coils, rebuildable coils, heads...info overload all over again.

Is there some sort of updated "list" of what fits/works with what...I'm SO out of the loop here!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for the replies!

You know, when I first started vaping, the top dogs were the Chuck, the Provari, and a few other "custom" mods. I even got into making my own boxes, flashlight, and copper pipe mods, but it got too "fiddly" after a while. When I found the e-Power and the Smok Mega LR carto, I thought I'd died and went to heaven...no more fiddling with everything. I stayed with that setup for a couple of years and had no reason to see what was new and what was on the way out as I was satisfied with what I was using.

Now, with all this new stuff, I feel like I'm back at square one...don't know what fits what, a lot of new vendors around and don't know anything about them, a LOT of new types of atomizers/tanks/clearomizers/cartomizers, bottom coils, rebuildable coils, heads...info overload all over again.

Is there some sort of updated "list" of what fits/works with what...I'm SO out of the loop here!

Since most connections are now 510 or eGo or both, the key is to figure out what kind of connection that battery has and match it to the clearomizer/atty/carto...

Some clearos have threading for the 510 where you can see the threads sticking out of the bottom:

492_500_csupload_58190899.jpg

Kanger-Protank-2.jpg

Some have an 'eGo skirt' that hides the connection:

v3clearocolors1.jpg

Some have top coils: Kanger T2

kanger-t2-clearomizer-capacit%C3%A9-24-ml-avec-bobine-sup%C3%A9rieure.jpg

Some bottom coils (BCC) Bottom coil changeable: Kanger T3

cleromizer-t3-de-3ml.jpg

Bottom coils are most favored now because they eliminate dry hits you can get when the wicks of the top coils are sitting in eliquid or aren't wicking fast enough for the vaping. Some still prefer top coils - warmer vape....

Most top and bottom coil clearos have changeable coils, so it's cheaper to replace just the coil rather than the whole atty/clearo:

DiscountVapers.com_T3_bottom_coil_replacable__73451.1351708125.1280.1280.JPG

And the replacement coils come in 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.4-2.6 ohms. The 1.8's (on a fixed voltage 3.4-3.7V) are good for stronger flavors, and the 2.2 ohms are good for lighter flavors.

Batteries can be fixed and regulated - Joye eGo-c's which run constant at 3.4V good matched with a 1.8ohm clearo.

Or variable voltage where you can change the voltage from around 3.2 to 4.8V - eGo-c Twist or Vision spinner for example.

Some are 'VW' - variable wattage where you can dial in the output - the circuitry detects the coil's resistance and adjusts the voltage for the desired wattate. itaste vv V.3 a small VW mod up to a provari, eVic from Joye, vamo, etc. etc. etc. in the various mods now available.

That should help :D

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
I didn't abandon the thread (just so no one thinketh ill of me!)...

I went to a local store and got a mini Davide tank/clearo (still unsure of tank vs clearo) and an eGo-type battery (receipt says Smok)...so far, so good! It had a plastic/rubbery taste for a couple of hours, but it's gone now (maybe I should have washed it first?).

The Davide came with three heads of different ohms, but the two extra were apparently DOA (let them sit in the full tank for 30 minutes...nothing). The one that was installed is, I think, a 2.2 ohm. I also bought a 1.5 ohm just to try it out...juice tasted scorched, so it appears that on a Davide, with my juice (unflavored from MFS, 75/25), 2.2 is sufficient.

Still, the draw on the Davide is a lot looser than I'm used to, but it's tighter than DH's Aro...guess I'll get used to it.

Anyway, I officially retired my beloved e-Power/mega DC carto this evening...RIP old friend! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread