New to Smok: V8 5ml Baby Beast Tank on New OSub 80w Baby + 30w Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Hi there,

I was attracted to eLeaf the past 2 years, as a beginner it was an easy, great way to start vaping somewhat cheaply, until it wasn't as their products started crapping out on me. So I decided to go Smok. I ordered a Starter 30w Pen w/ a nice big 5ml Baby Beast V8 Tank. Deja Vu... I started with an eLeaf 30w Starter Kit iJust2 which came w/ a nice 5ml tank, another "Pen", the lightsaber simples I call them. That was over 2 years ago and not a cigarette since, so I'll never hate.

My Smok 30w Starter Pen came and has been awesome, same with the tank. I replaced the original atomizer M2 .15 w/ a .25, and it's been perfect. No Complaints, I put it on my new OSub 80w, works like a charm, I'm getting used to the little LED's operating system, but it's somewhat easy. It knew "new" atomizer, I honestly have no idea if these are steel, nickel, titanium, etc.. So I've been researching. I clicked whatever was there 1st and it's been fine.

I ordered some Smoke M2 .25 replacements, as I kinda went through Aspire Atlantis .5's with eLeaf's tanks for 2 years after having to find what I preferred. I love this big Smok tank that came w the Starter kit, kinda upset the 80w Baby came with a 3ml tank, but I honestly don't care. As long as I can find future Smok 5ml tanks I'll be happy as I break em from now and then.. I have not tried the 3ml yet, not worried about it yet still figuring out my 80w Baby. I generally like 20-30watts, but I see my M2 Atomizers/Coils are 30-50w, I guess I can be fine with 30w... that was an issue with the eLeaf stuff for me as well as the Atlantis coils, I was purchasing generally the same 30-50watt ones for 30watt units/mods as the smaller/lower one's would burn out FAST.

I ordered an Alien 220w offline, now my main question is I know Smok has their Genuine Validation/Registration system with these QR Codes. I tried using the code from the box for the 80w Baby but it kept saying "restart device", I can charge the 80w on my PC and I have plenty of batteries it's size on charge, another thing that confuses me.. and will test my patience with the lifetime of these units as I work 11-12 hour days sometimes, and I can charge throughout but rather not.. which is why the Starter kit will be a nice simple small backup. QUESTION, how can I validate my Smok products besides their Phone App (I have Droid).. The Vapor Tour App is neat, but it kept giving that error. I would imagine if I had a "fake" it would say fake, but I trust my store. My starter kit/pen came with one, but I tossed it out I did not even notice this system they have.

Sorry for the long post. I hope this can be a place to discuss Smok devices, if not please direct me and I will gladly head there. I know I ask some stupid dumb questions, but I try and document what I can for the fool who follows my footsteps.

I really want to know the best Smok Forum, as their website is pretty rough to navigate, and the app is neat but I am waiting on a "Contact Us" Support question to be asked regarding the QR Code Validations. I also purchased a backup 5ml Baby Beast Tank, it came with a QR Code as well, do they kinda have an Asset System for All their Mods, Batteries, Tanks, and whatever else.. guessing NO to the Atomizers/Coils as my eBay purchased V8-Baby-M2 .25 dual coils did NOT have a QR code.

I love this system I just wish their app was working for me, I will try again later but this is WHY I had to ditch eLeaf, I was getting a lot of fakes/clones online, and even the few legit spots I could find were kind of putting eLeaf on sale and starting to discontinue carrying their products, my new store does NOT sell any eLeaf products, they laughed at me for 2 years as I only purchased juice there... mostly KeepIt100 Krunch Squares, Loaded Cookie Butter, etc.. as that is my genre of taste. I loved Cuttwood but I couldn't afford their stuff, my old store sold some generic garbage, I say generic as it barely got the job done, was kinda brutal now thinking about it as I have learned so much. But those were "cheap" 25-50ml bottles for $25sh lol. 15-20ml of Cuttwood was like 25-30 each, sometimes they did 2 for 1's but they were scams IMO. I tried another store in a hole in the wall shopping center in a rural but safe area and they are my go-to store now. I got the 80w Baby for $50 and LOVE it. The button is pretty awesome and cool considering at work on site it's a little easier and cleaner for us and our dirty hands to tap a button.

I'm ripping Krunchy Squares from KeepIt100 atm, solid bottles for $24 100ml ain't bad, and I like the squirt bottle, the Loaded products are nice but the drippers are too sloppy while at work so Loaded stays home. It's set at 35w atm and great, I tried temp mode and had it at like 160 celcius and was pretty cool. I like Normal Mode, tried Hard, seemed like a battery waster IMO.

But last rant/question, does Smok have a website, and not stupid phone app to validate their codes/products on? I hate QR codes, but I can always take pictures with the phone ugh.

Thanks, and sorry to be a repititive newb, but as I saw from the beginners forum a lot of love and people helped a great deal, and that was only a few weeks ago when my eLeaf started to die on me, 2-3 iJust Starter Pens, 2-3 30watt iSticks, and then my 2nd iPico which was the line.. and they have no authenticity so yeah coulda been clones as most of the mods used were from websites non validated distributors, I trust my new store, trusted my old store.. just didn't like their prices and staff. I am huge on the validation, as well as trusted Vendors, I grabbed a random 20-30-40watt OVANCL Mod from a site listed off this forum for $9.99 from the UK or somewhere and the thing is AMAZING lol. I got it as a backup-backup and it was certainly used as eLeaf let me down big! I wish I could go after all the suckers that sold the bad eLeaf stuff, as I know a lot of their products are not all defective, just honestly not the best if you ask me after seeing Smok over and over.. my last iPico is hanging out with a 3ml eLeaf tank and spacer as it kept getting the "short/no atomizer" error, when their own tanks failed on their own units but usually worked on other mods I realized this whole eCig Game is literally like the PC Hardware Forums.. and sometimes you need to mix and match, but Smok seems to be all over it.

Well, I hope someone has time to answer my QR Validation Question... I know I just ranted but I am excited with this 80w Baby, this thing makes my iPico look like, well something like an iPico.. a kind of already sad soft name to begin with. I've seen Smok for awhile and knew they had something special, I'm pretty happy with this 80w Baby it seems like it'll absolutely be my "go-to" as long as the battery is nice., and with an Alien 220w on the way I am pretty excited, And will hope to transition the 5ml tank to that... honestly if anyone knows if there are larger tanks PLEASE tell me, I hate filling these things up, I vape a lot and I just want to vape not fill tanks heh. I vape to vape, I have 3mg, sometimes I get no mg, vaping is my new "healthier" and def safer alternative to smoking cigs, and now I can run 3-5 miles without hurling after the 1st mile, so people the say vaping is stupid, dangerous, and unhealthy need to shut it. I've saved enough $$$ buying lots of "stupid" little vape toys and juices, and a lot of wasted $$ with the eLeaf failures, crappy juices I didn't finish, and STILL more $$$ saved than if I smoked. I could go on but you guys know...

Attachments

• IMG_20171223_102613960.jpg
    IMG_20171223_102613960.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20171215_195635930.jpg
    IMG_20171215_195635930.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20171215_195644014.jpg
    IMG_20171215_195644014.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Good to hear you are liking your Smok gear! I have, use, and like the Smok gear I have in my collection....some more then others. You will see a lot of opinions on Smok throughout the forum, some good and some bashing. Enjoy what you have and form your own opinion.

I only buy from my short list of trusted vendors and my one shop and never from ebay. I have to admit I have yet to check the verification code on any of it, so can't help you with questions on that.

As far as tank capacity, they have a nice aftermarket bubble tank available for the Big baby (takes it up to about 8ml I think) and I believe there is also one for the Baby beast (Blitz Replacement Resin Tank 7.5ml Kit for SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Beast). The blue tank on the right is on my Big Baby:
Prince.jpg

I leave my Baby Beast tanks small and use them for testing my DIY mixes. Out of all my Smok tanks, I am finding my latest additions to be fast becoming my favorites....the TFV12 Prince tank.

I don't remember if you mentioned anything about batteries (and not going back to re-read your post :shock: :D). Strongly consider buying 2 pair of authentic, quality batteries from a reputable battery vendor and marry them up for use in your Alien.

Good luck, enjoy your gear, and :vapor: :vapor: :vapor:!

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Good to hear you are liking your Smok gear! I have, use, and like the Smok gear I have in my collection....some more then others. You will see a lot of opinions on Smok throughout the forum, some good and some bashing. Enjoy what you have and form your own opinion.

I only buy from my short list of trusted vendors and my one shop and never from ebay. I have to admit I have yet to check the verification code on any of it, so can't help you with questions on that.

As far as tank capacity, they have a nice aftermarket bubble tank available for the Big baby (takes it up to about 8ml I think) and I believe there is also one for the Baby beast (Blitz Replacement Resin Tank 7.5ml Kit for SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Beast). The blue tank on the right is on my Big Baby:
View attachment 708399

I leave my Baby Beast tanks small and use them for testing my DIY mixes. Out of all my Smok tanks, I am finding my latest additions to be fast becoming my favorites....the TFV12 Prince tank.

I don't remember if you mentioned anything about batteries (and not going back to re-read your post :shock: :D). Strongly consider buying 2 pair of authentic, quality batteries from a reputable battery vendor and marry them up for use in your Alien.

Good luck, enjoy your gear, and :vapor: :vapor: :vapor:!

Thanks man and I just ordered one of those tanks! I am very simple when it comes to all of this so once I find what works the best for me I like to stick to my routine hehe. I will NEVER buy anything off eBay ever again. I received an Alien 220 that's battery door flips open when I try and close it with the 2 batteries in, I tried various combos of batteries. It didn't verify, it just looks OLD like on the shelves forever (for a reason obviously), I'll get my money back not worried.

I realized I do not like the Alien220 regardless, I do not need anything that macho. I believe there is an Alien85 (AL85)? I'm going to check at my store next time I go, or maybe just get another OSUB Baby 80w... I love it and may as well, if my store has Smoant, I'll check them out. I really so far only love this BabyBeast V8 5ml tank that came with the starter kit, those two units together are an amazing combo for work I have found.

I trust this forum, I'll definitely let you know about the tank ordered, I'm excited. I love to vape, I've got enough old eLeaf stuff that works plus a few other mods that work great with my old iJust2 and melo iii tanks I decided to keep. The melos are great little guys for my iPico and other units that work well, as I did decide to finally junk a lot of stuff. My goal was to setup perfectly for 2018 and I have, I just hope I can find another V8 Baby Beast 5ml tank without buying another starter Kit, but I may regardless as I love that thing too, just kinda unnecessary as I really just love the tank. Like I said I am very simple when it comes to all this... I picked my units, tank+coils, I'm set if you ask me.. now just need +2 more tanks IMO :)

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thanks man and I just ordered one of those tanks!

By that, do you mean the "Blitz Replacement Resin Tank" I linked or the TFV8 Prince I mentioned? If the Blitz, that IS NOT a complete tank! It is merely a different "glass" (although I think it may be plastic) that increases the volume of the tank and a matching drip tip.

To be sure we are on the same page, the AL85 and Alien kits both come with the TFV8 Baby Beast tank, a 3ml tank capacity. Then there is the TFV8 Big Baby Beast that is the 5ml capacity you mention. Both use the same coils and I believe you can get the Blitz kit for either if you want to increase the capacity of either. You can buy either tank alone or if you want the Big Baby Beast, it comes with the G-Priv, Stick V8, and the GX2/4 kits I have as well as some other Smok mod kits. You might want to do a little checking and see if one of those kits look good to you. I picked up the Stick V8 kit when I only wanted the tank since the tube battery was virtually thrown in at the cost over buying the tank alone.

If the tank you ordered was the TFV12 Prince, that is another level that any single 18650 mod will not safely fire. You would be pushing the limits of even a quality 30 amp battery. But I will leave it at that since I think you meant you ordered the Blitz kit.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Oh I was referring to the "replacement" glass for the TFV8. I called it a tank, but I recognized the top and bottom in the pictures and kinda said to myself hmm "that looks familiar" and figured it out hehe. Now I'm not sure if it's for the 5ml tank (top/base) or 3ml, I would believe the 5ml? I do not remind placing the glass on the 5ml, and I like the cool looks I got the Dark Blue. I have 2 TFV8 Baby Beast Tanks (3ml), I am such a newb and need to set them up properly, I thought I had the one setup perfect but it started dripping. I then have the TFV8 Baby Beast 5ml (I believe that's what it's called?)

It's the tank that came with the starter kit, the 5ml and I believe it's called the V8 Baby Beast as well just 5ml.. as the top and bottom are wider. That is the only tank I've had time to setup properly and hasn't given me any issues in regards to dripping. I forget how I setup the tank... I never liked the opening up and taking off of the glass process, which is why I kept sticking with the iJust 2 Tanks, but the whole spinning out and flipping over to fill process got tiring... it wasn't bad, but I needed to move on.

For whatever reason the 5ml version was easier to setup the rings, and hasn't given me issues replacing coils, I've only just replaced the coil for the 1st time, but no drips. For whatever, I'm having terrible luck setting up the 3ml, I had one setup perfectly (I thought) and it started leaking the next day meh... oh well.

I am really considering getting another Starter Kit/Pen which is what the 5ml came with regardless, but it would be nice to just grab another nice new 5ml tank solo as I'd rather get another V80 Baby unit (which comes w/ another 3ml tank). I'll figure it out, I just need some time hehe.

I also saved my old green safety O-Rings from my big iJust 2 tanks, as well as these black and orange ribbon like ones, and keep the glass safe, I will have to find some more rings as they fall off randomly at work, I like to keep 1 or 2 over the glass, and the big green one up top over where the tank twists open, as the tank can open up in my pocket while working. Mostly stupidity, I'm learning when and where to bring it while on a job site vs leaving it in the truck, depends on our situations, guess it comes down to common sense, but I still dislike that the tank can spin open so easily, and I've noticed it on the 3ml ones too.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe these will help, obviously the larger one is the 5ml that came with the Smok 30w Starter kit, and the tinier one is one of my (2) 3ml tanks (not setup properly just put together for size).... I just literally need to look at the manual and figure out how to get the rings on like I did for the 5ml, I have PLENTY of them it's a tad confusing now lol. I know which tank the larger ones are for as I have 2 sets of everything, 1 extra set for the 5ml.

As for the eBay thing, yeah never again. Like I said I got one that wouldn't verify, no QR code, and regardless, the battery tray wouldn't close (pictured), kept popping open. I know people have had that issue and resolved it, but didn't have the problem RIGHT AWAY heh. His listing said "Authentic" and I've got a screenshot from the official Smok site that says "Failed" so eBay is pretty good about refunds, his listing was proved wrong, as well as it is a defective product pictured and documented. I am just going to buy my units from my local store, they deserve the business for juicing me up the past year or so as I used my eLeaf products. They will be my Smok Unit store, unless I see a ridiculous offer somewhere legit on this forum. Love the forum, reminds me of a PCTech forum where vendors sold parts and helped their customers a great deal, and you could recommend certain sites/vendors in a friendly manner, and if anyone had issues anywhere they were allowed to post it somewhere... great to have a community of folks all with the same goal, vape happy.

As you can see in the pictures the Gold 5ml is my go-to at the moment, the smaller one is one of the Baby Beast 3ml's, I really like the larger mouthpiece on the 5ml, it's a pretty cool change I've gotten used to fast.

As for the picture of the Alien, you can see that the door slide back out and open ASAP when shut. I am not dealing with it.... just going to leave it at that and let eBay handle it, and NEVER buy anything on eBay again. You all seem like great folks, whoever suggested the OVACL 20-30-40 little stand alone mod god bless you because that thing is worth every single penny for the $9.99 USD or whatever it cost lol.. it was from a site off of this forum that took PayPal Credit, that's why I was trolling eBay the past year or so as often as I did, the PayPal Credit keeps my "vapor purchases" off the debit card heh. PPC is rather addictive, but very safe if you ask me which is why I enjoy it (as I do PP itself).

Attachments

• IMG_20171227_232443186.jpg
    IMG_20171227_232443186.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20171227_232457018.jpg
    IMG_20171227_232457018.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20171227_232516724.jpg
    IMG_20171227_232516724.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20171226_224424892.jpg
    IMG_20171226_224424892.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Oh I was referring to the "replacement" glass for the TFV8. I called it a tank, but I recognized the top and bottom in the pictures and kinda said to myself hmm "that looks familiar" and figured it out hehe. Now I'm not sure if it's for the 5ml tank (top/base) or 3ml, I would believe the 5ml? I do not remind placing the glass on the 5ml, and I like the cool looks I got the Dark Blue. I have 2 TFV8 Baby Beast Tanks (3ml), I am such a newb and need to set them up properly, I thought I had the one setup perfect but it started dripping. I then have the TFV8 [just say "Big" here and you got the terminology!] Baby Beast 5ml (I believe that's what it's called?)

All's good! Just put the kit on whichever it fits and if you like it, you can pick up others for whichever you like. It does make it a bit harder to see the juice level.

It's the tank that came with the starter kit, the 5ml and I believe it's called the V8 Baby Beast as well just 5ml.. as the top and bottom are wider. That is the only tank I've had time to setup properly and hasn't given me any issues in regards to dripping. I forget how I setup the tank... I never liked the opening up and taking off of the glass process, which is why I kept sticking with the iJust 2 Tanks, but the whole spinning out and flipping over to fill process got tiring... it wasn't bad, but I needed to move on.

For whatever reason the 5ml version was easier to setup the rings, and hasn't given me issues replacing coils, I've only just replaced the coil for the 1st time, but no drips. For whatever, I'm having terrible luck setting up the 3ml, I had one setup perfectly (I thought) and it started leaking the next day meh... oh well.

About all I can suggest for any leaking is to be sure it has all the right O-rings (tank and coils) in the right places and facing the right way. Find a Utube video that shows that clearly to double check. I got one new tank that was even missing an O-ring. :shock: Big leak! Also make sure the coil hasn't crossthreaded into the chimney. Yeah, I've had that happen as well. A tip for changing coils on both the BB (Baby Beast) and BBB (Big Baby Beast)..... pick up a 5ml or 10ml blunt tip syringe at a pharmacy or Tractor supply. Inevitably, a coil will go out on you when the tank is half or more full making it a mess to did-assemble. Just stick the blunt tip through the fill hole and suck up what juice is in there into the syringe. Then use that to prime your new coil and the rest to fill the tank after re-assembly.

I am really considering getting another Starter Kit/Pen which is what the 5ml came with regardless, but it would be nice to just grab another nice new 5ml tank solo as I'd rather get another V80 Baby unit (which comes w/ another 3ml tank). I'll figure it out, I just need some time hehe.

I also saved my old green safety O-Rings from my big iJust 2 tanks, as well as these black and orange ribbon like ones, and keep the glass safe, I will have to find some more rings as they fall off randomly at work, I like to keep 1 or 2 over the glass, and the big green one up top over where the tank twists open, as the tank can open up in my pocket while working. Mostly stupidity, I'm learning when and where to bring it while on a job site vs leaving it in the truck, depends on our situations, guess it comes down to common sense, but I still dislike that the tank can spin open so easily, and I've noticed it on the 3ml ones too.

I hate those thin vape bands both those tanks come with.....I always have them sliding off whenever I pick up my vape. But I want/need something to keep the swivel top from accidently coming open! Check with a vape shop....they may give you a wider one or sell it to you fairly cheap if you buy a bottle of juice or two. And that's just one of several reasons I am liking the Prince tank. It has a little button to push to release the swivel to swing it open.

Sounds like you are getting it all going, so good luck and hope I at least helped a little!
:vapor:

ETA: Click to expand what I quoted of yours....additional comments there!

Last edited:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Saw your pics after I posted. On the Alien mod, the door will feel floppy when open. I am assuming you are not using button top batteries. When you close the door, you have to push up (away from the hinge), press it closed, then press it down (toward the hinge) until it locks in place. It takes a little pressure, but once used to it, it goes pretty easy.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Saw your pics after I posted. On the Alien mod, the door will feel floppy when open. I am assuming you are not using button top batteries. When you close the door, you have to push up (away from the hinge), press it closed, then press it down (toward the hinge) until it locks in place. It takes a little pressure, but once used to it, it goes pretty easy.

YES!! I know the "rings" or wraps you are talking about lol, they are useless. I have been using my old iJust2 tank's big green rings I saved, they work great stopping the top slider top from sliding, but unfortunately yeah kinda big and can pop off when sliding into a pocket, otherwise great, and keep my unit stable and safe laying on the dashboard of the car or usually just on the passenger seat. You can see in the picture below, it really really helps with the twisting of that stupid cap, I know exactly what you mean... I've had spills in my cargo pant's pockets because it'll just slide open, and this is in regards to 2-3 different tanks, it's not just 1 tank. Don't ask why I put all those rings on hehe I was just bored.

As for tanks, I also put a picture of an OLD but HUGE tank I got from somewhere awhile ago online, it's made by UWELL, but looks so identical to something Smok would make. I don't mind using that tank, it's pretty awesome. The top spins on and off and you do not have to worry about drips or anything it's just that awesome. I honestly haven't had time to get around to draining it and seeing what size coils I can toss on it, would be really convenient if I could put one of these M2 .25's I use for the Baby Tanks. I'll mess around later.. but it's such a simple awesome tank, I should of taken a picture of the top of, but literally it's exactly what I described, you do not have to worry about it coming undone at all... I may look into more UWell tanks honestly, idk... I'm happy with my 5ml as it isn't spilling, but I am having the worst luck with setting up my 3ml Baby's. I also received my 7.5 Blitz Rezin tank, I'm having a horrible time trying to get that on one of my 3ml tanks, the bottom goes on fine, but that top O ring... the one that is literally an O-ring (not the flat one) is too large, it's like trying to squeeze on. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but same with the 3ml tanks too. I watched a video on YouTube but I think the video poster was less educated than myself because his video accomplished nothing lol.. I'll keep looking I got plenty of time this weekend.

As for the Alien220, I decided to keep it as I was refunded 50% ($30), the guy offered me $15 and I said absolutely not Full Refund and return or 50% back and I keep. So I got it for $30. I'm sure my shop could fix it cheap, I hate bringing stuff I didn't buy from them to them but I've spent enough money at their store I doubt they'll care if I offer them money.... If I don't have to, even better. They are not button tops, they are the "Flatter" ones. My pal at work tried his batteries, the door still did the same thing. I could honestly take a piece of hockey tape or electrical tape and tape the thing shut, but silly I kinda want it fixed. The thing snaps closed perfectly whenever there are no batteries, if I could find some smaller, or shave something down (not trying shaving on the battery don't worry!)... but there's nothing wrong with this unit once this battery door is fixed... just gotta tamper around with it, at least I got a cheap unit lol... but yeah no more eBay for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20171229_183210487.jpg
    IMG_20171229_183210487.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20171229_183305990.jpg
    IMG_20171229_183305990.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
Well I stopped by my local shop before the snow "storm" hits just to see what tanks they had and grab a bottle of juice. Unfortunately they did not have any stand alone tanks that were 5ml+ that were "built" for my OSub 80w Baby and Starter Pens. So I decided to pickup a 2nd Starter Kit, and now have two 5ml Baby Beast tanks. They had a UWell that looked like it would work but my guy at the shop said it wouldn't work well with my mods as it was one of those "heavy duty" vapor type tanks... at least he is honest.

As you can see that is my setup right now, not including the Alien220w. He looked at my Alien220w and said to just tape it with electrical or hockey tape like I suggested to keep the battery door locked shut lol. Sadly he didn't have any rubber or plastic cases for the Alien220w, as I was hoping maybe with the right luck one would have enough pressure to keep the bottom of the unit and door tight enough from flipping open.

Regardless, I am pretty happy with this setup, I told my shop guy I would have bought another OSub 80w Baby if it came with an 5ml+ tank, unfortunately only the Starters do and I grabbed that.. so now I've got two, and it'll be nice having one at work and one at home, and use my 80w Baby as my "main" unit.

I'm currently vaping KeepIt100 Krunchy Squares, Loaded Cookie Butter, and picked up a cheap little bottle of Mamasan Purple Cheesecake. I vape them all around 33-35watts on my OSub 80w, and everything from both 5ml Baby tanks have worked great on my Starter Pens. As for the eLeaf Pico, that will stay at home on the side in case an apocalypse hits, it's still a good little unit, and I use the Melo III tanks on it. Same for the OVANCL 20-30-40 Mod I got cheap from a vendor's site off this forum, the thing is worth every penny, but it'll be a backup.. more reliable than my eLeaf products I decided to keep which was only that 1 iPico, and 2 iStick 30w's that I can probably fix up.. but don't care, Smok is better and 3 Smok units, and eventually a 4th (another Osub 80w Baby) will be enough... I hope :)

As for the Activation of the Starter Kit I got for the Smok Authenticity thing with the QR codes, it worked perfect, as did my Osub 80w Baby both purchased at the store finally activated as well.

I would honestly give away this Alien220w or trade it for a nice 5ml tank, it's just not my thing. I'm simple, not into the batteries, I don't need a lot of watts or power. I am a simple vapor lover. As you can see I started to put together the Blitz Rezin tank onto one of my 3ml Baby tanks, I haven't tested it or tried it yet. It's kind of neat, not sure I would use it everyday or bring it to work but always cool to mod stuff up.

I love the Smok Units, I really like their 5ml Baby tanks that come with the Starter Pens, but I am terrible at setting up the 3ml tanks, they leak a lot, I've researched and found out a lot of them do and it just takes some tinkering....

I would honestly be happy with a 3rd 5ml+ tank that fits the Smok .25 30-50w Coils. It doesn't have to be a Smok brand tank, just curious to what if anything someone could recommend to me from a vendor off this site. If anyone has read half of my thread here they'll know exactly what I am seeking, a simple 5ml+ tank, I would love one like the old Uwell where the top spins on and off, basically spill proof.

I am done with eBay, I won't buy anything vape wise off there ever again besides Coils as they come in cheap packs and never let me down. I gave the seller of the Smok Alien220w Negative Rating lol, something I have not done in years to anyone on eBay and I've been boned before. He sold me something that would not Authenticate, and was not functioning upon arrival and offered me a $10 refund and to keep the unit. I asked if he would just send me another.. a return/exchange and I'd pay the shipping and he refused.. Considering he is still selling them as it says he has over a dozen left I was pretty aggravated with that response... why not just send me another unit and take the bad one back? I told him give me 50% back and haggled but finally got $30 of my $60 spent back. Actually kind of a good deal $30 for an Alien220w, but I don't have time to fix crap.

I'm a pretty difficult person to upset or piss off, but buyers should beware and he could have done the right thing and replaced the unit all together or refunded me 100% and taken his unit back. But he gave me a sob story about how his boss would be mad at him and it's hard for him to find a job... I wish I could post the conversation or the eBay Sellers name at least to warn folks... or even let Smok be aware of scum like that, he typed terrible English, it says he is from Chino, CA... whatever the case people like him give GREAT manufacturers like Smok a bad name and it is so unfair, or at least don't make them look good. Sad because that's what happened to eLeaf... they made some great stuff but people took advantage of them selling cheapy clones made overseas and I rarely see eLeaf products anymore anywhere, my 2-3 local stores only sell Smok and a few other brands I've never heard of.

Attachments

• IMG_20171230_162440512.jpg
    IMG_20171230_162440512.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread