New to the e-cig community...

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Just wanted to say hello, I am new to this forum and to e-cigs in general.. I have smoked for 30 years now and was getting sick and tired of all the hate laws against smokers not limited to the harrassment Id get from members of my own family lol... So my brother in law has been smoking these for almost 2 years and convinced me to take the plunge.. I am on day 2 with out lighting a cigerette, but instead am clicking a button that has been surprisingly satisfying, took a lil getting used to the different flavor but I havent gone insane from nicotine withdrawl which is awesome.. been doing alotta reading in here and THIS FORUM IS INCREDIBLE, THE HELP AND ADVICE AND OVERALL GENEROSITY IS TRULY INSPIRING! I purchased an ego 510 and got some DY4 juice which seems to taste like that 1 sweet cig you would get in a pack of cigs from time to time.. My brother hooked me up w/ some different flavors (pineapple, & pears) which are different but i do seem to like this dy4 the best so far.. only odd thing is Ive had bad heartburn for the past 12-18 hrs.. not sure if its related or not but thought Id throw it out there and see if anyone else is or has had this experiance..
Well loook forward to meeting more of you here and just wanted to say thanks for all the great posts on modding and general advice in general. Great community and glad to be here..

vic

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats! and welcome to ECF!

Yes - you can get heartburn.

What is the PG/VG of your juice? I generally use 80PG/20VG and have no gas or heartburn. But when i vape higher VG juices I start burping. Also when I started out, some food flavor vapors would trick my throat into swallowing vapor occasionally (not good)

OR alternately - is it really heartburn or are your lungs sore? because medium or high nicotine in 100% PG can be irritating. Nicotine is a skin irritant. PG is thin and lets through the most flavor, most nicotine TH, most nicotine irritation. VG is thick dulls all of that while adding thicker looking vapor. Have a bit of VG in your juice base can get rid of irritation and add some nice vapor without dulling the hit or flavor much.

And are you drinking plenty of fluids? vaping can be dehydrating. You need to drink fluids.

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It is all pg in the flavor I like the most.. great vape?? I have some reduced pg I picked up from a local store I found called juicy vapes. Just seem top like this flavor I received from liberty flights where I got my ego 510... can I mix it down w/ regular veg oil?? I definitely need to drink more Ive only had coffee since waking this morning which is also a De-hydrant .. thanks for the tips :)

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Welcome and listen to the mouse...congrats on making the switch............................:2cool:

Thankyou.. I am trying and know I can make this work ( Just taking some reprogramming of my brain :)
Welcome to ECF and vaping! Best of luck on your switch.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on making the switch. You may develop other symptoms as you first get started vaping but they are just your body getting rid of all the crap from the cigs and adjusting the vaping. They will go away shortly. Stay with it.

My wife said the same thing, that my lungs are trying to rid the tar that Ive been packing in there for the past 30 years...

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
It is all pg in the flavor I like the most.. great vape?? I have some reduced pg I picked up from a local store I found called juicy vapes. Just seem top like this flavor I received from liberty flights where I got my ego 510... can I mix it down w/ regular veg oil?? I definitely need to drink more Ive only had coffee since waking this morning which is also a De-hydrant .. thanks for the tips :)

Yes you can reduce it but not with veg oil. Use VG/Veg glycerin.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
I have just resonantly started to hack up all the lung butter in my lungs. I know its gross but it makes me feel good knowing that tar is slowly leaving my body.

Heyas Nunnster :nun: ,

Don't you just hate the taste of that lung butter? Can't even describe it. It's somewhere between mildew and really smelly feet... Yuck! 8-o

Live long and vapor,
Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
To help with the heartburn, increase your water intake. Vaping will dehydrate you without you knowing until the cramping starts so make sure you drink plenty of water.

The water intake suggestion has been a big plus, definitely was getting dh'd... Im struggling with my rutines as far as when the phone rings walking outside to answer and light up, or getting in to the car or hell the worst is after I eat.. Mainly just the routines Im struggling with I feel a little edgey but nothing like going cold turkey.. been sampling with the other flavorts I got which are vg/pg but it just seems odd smoking a pineapple or bubblegum lol and the one I like is all pg :( i donno ill just keep sucking pineapple or mix it with the dy4 :p experiments experiments lol

RelliK1000

Jun 28, 2011
WNY
Welcome victorcan,
Seems not to many of us from the Buffalo area (Lancaster) here.
I too still get heartburn from time to time I figured it was too much vaping at one time.

Don't expect to replace a 30 year habit in a day.

4 months and many trials later I finally have a system that works for me
This is the longest in 20+years that I havent had a cig.

Good luck stick with it.

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Welcome victorcan,
Seems not to many of us from the Buffalo area (Lancaster) here.
I too still get heartburn from time to time I figured it was too much vaping at one time.

Don't expect to replace a 30 year habit in a day.

4 months and many trials later I finally have a system that works for me
This is the longest in 20+years that I havent had a cig.

Good luck stick with it.

Well I just returned from Juicy Vapors and I think I may have helped the issue getting a bunch of new liquids (R-pg) vs just the regular pg.. Also I dropped the nicotine down from 24mg to 18mg so Im hoping it helps.. I got some crazy good flavors I got a buncha flavors yesterday, pineapple fire and ice ,fried apples, pears.. They were novelty tokes but too far from my beloved parliaments lol so today I got some Turkish blends and a new mix called about midnight that so far I am really liking.. 2 days down and I haven't really needed a analog cigarette (look at me calling my smokes analog LOL) so this e-cig has been doing what I needed as long as I can cut my heartburn down Ill be happy .. Congrats on four months that's awesome, hopefully I can say the same in a few .. No I know I will.. Thanks everyone here for the warm welcome and sincere help, this is a great forum and am lucky to have been directed here, thanks pete and thanks everyone here :)

diaboliko

Moved On
Nov 24, 2010
italy
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread