The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New To Vaping - Bought a Foxy Box Mod

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Ransizzle, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Lurked here for an evening a few days ago, and stumbled on Steve's website foxyboxmods.com - Home and decided to email him after also watching one of his videos on youtube demonstrating his 3.7 and 5.0 mods. I just received my mod today, and after an initial fill error on my first cartomizer, I've been puffing away for the last 15-20 minutes on for the first time. I think I'm in love. He sent me a small sample of the rice krispy treats flavor, and it's simply delish. I bought an extra set of batteries, because I can see msyelf wanting to vape for extended periods while away from home. I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Steve for helping me get started, and being a prompt responder to emails, and being very prompt on the shipping.

Before deciding to get into the vape scene, I wasn't really anything but a "casual smoker" (mainly when I drink), but I didn't like the feeling the next day after smoking, or kissing my girlfriend afterwards either (she's a non-smoker). We put the e-cig to the test and had a good kiss after my first few hits of the rice krispy treats, and she said my mouth tasted great. lol

I can see myself getting into the vape scene, and am glad I found someone with knowledge that was willing and able to help me get started. There's a wealth of information on here, and many times I don't have time to sit and lurk and search, so I have to apologize if I ask questions in the future that have already been addressed. I'll do my best to do a little research before jumping in and asking questions that have already been answered elsewhere. Other than that, thanks again Steve, and I hope to become a somewhat semi-active member here at what seems to be a great community full of good people and great information!

2. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I have several of Steve's Boxes so it's evident that I love the darn things.

And welcome.

3. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome jj2. I bought a few 3.2 ohm cartomizers. What flavors do you find are the best (I ordered a sample pack that will hopefully be here soon). Also, if I may ask, what's a good way to tell that my carto needs filled without waiting too long and burning it up?

4. Scottinboca

Scottinboca Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2011
    Planet Vapton
    I also love my Godzilla Foxy Mod. Good luck with it. I wish I bought mine sooner!

5. Matt_417

Matt_417 Full Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Springfield, MO
    I try to refill mine about every hour. I use a standard size Boge 2 ohm. If I push it I know I can get close to 2 hours out of one but when the taste changes it's too late. I have cut open a few cartos to see what happens to them. Running low 1 time will burn it a little but it's not a complete loss. If you catch it quick enough it'll be ok.

6. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Grats!! Nice choice! I have three plastic 3.7v mods (one's bottom feeder). Actually 4 - one's a little 10440 mod.

During the recent snowicane when the power was out for 12 hours I spent about 7 hours on the couch with my Kindle, a booklight and a 3.7v mod (and a 4 layers of clothing, pillows, heavy socks and 3 blankets). Was actually nice except for being so cold.

7. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Awesome. Is that an hour of constant vaping (like a few times every minute)?

8. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    That sounds awesome. :)

I just found out about the bottom feeders. I think I already know what my next purchase is going to be.

9. orkira

orkira Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2011
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum. That box mod you got looks really cool too!

10. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Thank you orkira. It is really cool. Unfortunately I can't compare it to any other products, as this is my first vaping experience, but I'm already loving the Foxy Box Mod. Can't wait until my sampler flavor pack gets here.

11. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I thought I saw a link to a page on this site with discount coupon codes to online vendors, but I must have closed it. Does anyone know if such a page exists?

12. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I don't know where it is now. I used to access it on another site that went away.

Some of the latest sales are usually listed here but are mainly US sales
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-606.html

And re 3.7v mods - they all vape similar, just look different. If you use AW IMR batteries instead of protected Li Ion, AW IMR has less charge but holds the voltage up better. And whenever you buy batteries make sure the photo shows a bump/nipple on the positive end - most mods need those for the battery to connect electrically.

The bigger 3.7v mods that use fatter or longer batteries with more charge usually also have voltage than degrades more slowly. But 14500 batteries are well liked for their small size and good performance for their size.

BTW - some handy cheap battery holders/carriers - search Ebay for 4AA plastic case, then sort by lowest combined price + shipping, then pick the Buy It now tab.

13. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    That's not the page I thought I found on this site earlier, but that page is awesome too! Thank you.

14. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
  15. Tersur

Tersur Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Bfe Kentucky
    Where can i order this rice krispy treat flavor you mentioned.

16. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    If you're looking at bottom feeders, you may as well go with one of the best on the market...either a Reo Mini (takes a 3ml bottle) or a Reo Grand (takes a 6ml bottle). reosmods.com

17. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Rice Krispity Treat

18. Ransizzle

Ransizzle Full Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Thank you, I'll definitely look into it!

19. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    edit.. answered wrong post

20. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.