New To Vaping - Bought a Foxy Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransizzle

Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Lurked here for an evening a few days ago, and stumbled on Steve's website foxyboxmods.com - Home and decided to email him after also watching one of his videos on youtube demonstrating his 3.7 and 5.0 mods. I just received my mod today, and after an initial fill error on my first cartomizer, I've been puffing away for the last 15-20 minutes on for the first time. I think I'm in love. He sent me a small sample of the rice krispy treats flavor, and it's simply delish. I bought an extra set of batteries, because I can see msyelf wanting to vape for extended periods while away from home. I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Steve for helping me get started, and being a prompt responder to emails, and being very prompt on the shipping.

Before deciding to get into the vape scene, I wasn't really anything but a "casual smoker" (mainly when I drink), but I didn't like the feeling the next day after smoking, or kissing my girlfriend afterwards either (she's a non-smoker). We put the e-cig to the test and had a good kiss after my first few hits of the rice krispy treats, and she said my mouth tasted great. lol

I can see myself getting into the vape scene, and am glad I found someone with knowledge that was willing and able to help me get started. There's a wealth of information on here, and many times I don't have time to sit and lurk and search, so I have to apologize if I ask questions in the future that have already been addressed. I'll do my best to do a little research before jumping in and asking questions that have already been answered elsewhere. Other than that, thanks again Steve, and I hope to become a somewhat semi-active member here at what seems to be a great community full of good people and great information!

Matt_417

Oct 12, 2011
Springfield, MO
what's a good way to tell that my carto needs filled without waiting too long and burning it up?

I try to refill mine about every hour. I use a standard size Boge 2 ohm. If I push it I know I can get close to 2 hours out of one but when the taste changes it's too late. I have cut open a few cartos to see what happens to them. Running low 1 time will burn it a little but it's not a complete loss. If you catch it quick enough it'll be ok.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats!! Nice choice! I have three plastic 3.7v mods (one's bottom feeder). Actually 4 - one's a little 10440 mod.

During the recent snowicane when the power was out for 12 hours I spent about 7 hours on the couch with my Kindle, a booklight and a 3.7v mod (and a 4 layers of clothing, pillows, heavy socks and 3 blankets). Was actually nice except for being so cold.

Ransizzle

Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I try to refill mine about every hour. I use a standard size Boge 2 ohm. If I push it I know I can get close to 2 hours out of one but when the taste changes it's too late. I have cut open a few cartos to see what happens to them. Running low 1 time will burn it a little but it's not a complete loss. If you catch it quick enough it'll be ok.

Awesome. Is that an hour of constant vaping (like a few times every minute)?

Ransizzle

Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Grats!! Nice choice! I have three plastic 3.7v mods (one's bottom feeder). Actually 4 - one's a little 10440 mod.

During the recent snowicane when the power was out for 12 hours I spent about 7 hours on the couch with my Kindle, a booklight and a 3.7v mod (and a 4 layers of clothing, pillows, heavy socks and 3 blankets). Was actually nice except for being so cold.

That sounds awesome. :)

I just found out about the bottom feeders. I think I already know what my next purchase is going to be.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't know where it is now. I used to access it on another site that went away.

Some of the latest sales are usually listed here but are mainly US sales
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-606.html

And re 3.7v mods - they all vape similar, just look different. If you use AW IMR batteries instead of protected Li Ion, AW IMR has less charge but holds the voltage up better. And whenever you buy batteries make sure the photo shows a bump/nipple on the positive end - most mods need those for the battery to connect electrically.

The bigger 3.7v mods that use fatter or longer batteries with more charge usually also have voltage than degrades more slowly. But 14500 batteries are well liked for their small size and good performance for their size.

BTW - some handy cheap battery holders/carriers - search Ebay for 4AA plastic case, then sort by lowest combined price + shipping, then pick the Buy It now tab.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
That sounds awesome. :)

I just found out about the bottom feeders. I think I already know what my next purchase is going to be.

If you're looking at bottom feeders, you may as well go with one of the best on the market...either a Reo Mini (takes a 3ml bottle) or a Reo Grand (takes a 6ml bottle). reosmods.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread