New To Vaping Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
Hello ECF I am really new to all of this so here is some background to better help you guys help me. I am a newport smoker who despirately wants to got to vaping. I am looking for something with a good battery life, lots of smoke and easily portable.

I have been skimming the forums and the e-go series looks like the best fit for my needs. I live in germany and am in the military so I am looking for a place with speedy delivery and great customer service.

I am looking to spend around $150 for the setup and extras like carts and juice. Suggestions on where to by please.

Also I am a 1PAD smoker if that helps anymore.

I like the V2 systems you can get a starter kit from $50-159. They even have couples' kits if you and your partner want to take the plunge together. I have tried many different brands and like V2 the best for the low cost and high quality of their product they give a 30 day money back guarantee on everything except the carts or E-juice you buy. And for me they have the best customer service. If you want to also try refilling your own Carts I would go with ivape.net. Its a great product the best I have found bery reasonable on price and is all made in the USA The guy that owns it makes all the juice himself and it is the clearest cleanest quality of E-juice I have found so far. Hope this helps!!! Good luck and Happy vaping

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Unspokenzero,

My first ecig kit (other than crap bought from local tobacco stores) was a joye ego. I found it to be an excellent starting point. In addition to my ego's, I have a number of mods now, but I still use the egos pretty much every day. Great battery life, easily portable, great performance with the right carto. And, the ego's are voltage regulated so the vape is pretty consistant throughout the entire battery charge.

The ego is a fat batt model, so the batts are a bit bigger around than an analog, but not obnoxiously large for on the go, for me. Some other popular fat batt models are the Riva and Kgo. Those two are very well spoken of here, although I haven't tried either. Some prefer them because they come off the charger with a higher voltage than the ego. But, they're unregulated, so the voltage will drop as the battery charge drops.

Liberty flights has ego kits starting at ~$40, and riva kits starting ~$30, if you click the 20% off icon in the upper left corner of the page. E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings . I've ordered from liberty flights several times and found them to be an excellent vendor.

Hoosiers has kgo kits for ~$44. Hoosier E Cig Supply . I've also ordered from hoosiers, and once again found them to be a great vendor.

Happy hunting.

:D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Ericscott_68

Jul 17, 2011
Bidwell Ohio
Hey Unspokenzero welcome to ECF. I used to be stationed in Germany also. Goeppingen was the place. Anyway an ego style battery is a good starting point. They usually last me about 12 hours and I'm a pretty heavy vaper lol. You really want to get some dual coil mega cartomizers for the type B ego battery. The atomizer and tanks are a little finicky. As for juice, I prefer the menthol ones from pinkspotvapors. Until I started making my own for me and the wife that was our favorite. You certainly found the right place at this forum. Lots of help from nice people. By the way a 1000 mah ego type B battery and dual coil carto is about the size of a medium cigar. With some padding it'll fit in a toothbrush case. Just to keep it a little safer on the job.

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
Wow! Thanks alot guys, I found an ego t kit here at one of the stores. The prices are in euro but I am impatient so I will be picking it up this Friday. The kit comes with 5 prefilled carts but only 1 battery:( however I will be ordering more batts very soon as well as juice and such. They also have juice, tanks and carts. This should last me a good min.

I made the mistake like most people do and ordered blu's before finding this forum. I will return them as soon as I get them.

Once again thank you all so much, I will keep you posted.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
Excellent, I lived in Ramstein with my father when he was stationed there. Great place, although I remember it smelled funky :)

Sorry that you're in Germany and don't have access to all of the best vendors, dunno what I would do without madvapes and blue mist. But at least you've got the right idea, solid device to go with. Although the ego-t atomizers can be a little strange, they usually work just fine for new guys. I keep one in my little pouch of backups. Number one thing I've found with vaping, you can never have enough backups. Pick up some extra juice, some dual coil cartomizers (Hopefully you can get a hold of them) and extra batts. Getting stuck without stuff is a horrible feeling. I've resorted to freebasing eliquid before, not very fun.

Good luck man, it's gotta be hard finding vaping supplies in other countries. Keep at it freund! :vapor:

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
IDK if I could freebase this stuff. I have a basic setup right now that i bought at a German cigarette store just a 510 style auto batt with an atomizer and carts. I bought some e-liquid also today and it is delicious apple. It taste kinda like an apple strudel. I can't wait until later this week I can get my e-go t I am so excited! I do have a question, how would I clean the atty in my current e-cig? The setup is just like the old 3 peice blu's. I guess I will you tube it later this week.

Excellent, I lived in Ramstein with my father when he was stationed there. Great place, although I remember it smelled funky :)

Sorry that you're in Germany and don't have access to all of the best vendors, dunno what I would do without madvapes and blue mist. But at least you've got the right idea, solid device to go with. Although the ego-t atomizers can be a little strange, they usually work just fine for new guys. I keep one in my little pouch of backups. Number one thing I've found with vaping, you can never have enough backups. Pick up some extra juice, some dual coil cartomizers (Hopefully you can get a hold of them) and extra batts. Getting stuck without stuff is a horrible feeling. I've resorted to freebasing eliquid before, not very fun.

Good luck man, it's gotta be hard finding vaping supplies in other countries. Keep at it freund! :vapor:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
I like the V2 systems you can get a starter kit from $50-159. They even have couples' kits if you and your partner want to take the plunge together. I have tried many different brands and like V2 the best for the low cost and high quality of their product they give a 30 day money back guarantee on everything except the carts or E-juice you buy. And for me they have the best customer service. If you want to also try refilling your own Carts I would go with ivape.net. Its a great product the best I have found bery reasonable on price and is all made in the USA The guy that owns it makes all the juice himself and it is the clearest cleanest quality of E-juice I have found so far. Hope this helps!!! Good luck and Happy Vaping

Sorry MarieElizabeth, but V2's are overpriced crib toys. (btw, they were my first purchase and my biggest waste of money)

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...like most, you will probably tire rather quickly with the leaky, fiddly nature of the "T" tanks...they sound nice to newbies in theory, unfortunately the implementation is lacking...to wit, getchur self some cartomizers as soon as you can...get some which are low resistance...under 2.5 ohm, the 2.0ohm Boges and 1.7ohm XL from Smoktech are the preferred choice...the Boges will hold 1ml juice and the Smoktechs will hold twice that...both can be used with your batt and with a carto-tank and either will blow the "T" tanks right out the water.........
madjack:2cool:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Well said..

...like most, you will probably tire rather quickly with the leaky, fiddly nature of the "T" tanks...they sound nice to newbies in theory, unfortunately the implementation is lacking...to wit, getchur self some cartomizers as soon as you can...get some which are low resistance...under 2.5 ohm, the 2.0ohm Boges and 1.7ohm XL from Smoktech are the preferred choice...the Boges will hold 1ml juice and the Smoktechs will hold twice that...both can be used with your batt and with a carto-tank and either will blow the "T" tanks right out the water.........
madjack:2cool:

The Greybush

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Tent B2Q2
Unspokenzero I am currently in Afghan so I know the frustration of finding a vendor to ship overseas. Alot of the companies will ship to APO AE, some you have to fool a little bit when entering your adress, for city put apo ae and if it makes you use a state use NY that is where the hub is. My problem is finding venders that I can buy from using the secure internet as the good ole system administrators only let us order from a few sites for some reason, and im paranoid about putting my credit card info out there on afghany internet. I too started with an ego style PV. I got the ego-c. I havent had any problems with leaking or anything yet, knock on wood. Sure I have only had it for a very short time but using it a lot and seems to be rugged enough for the field environment. I am at a new camp that is not built up very much yet so still living in tents and working out of a van in the desert. I had borrowed an ego-t from a friend for about a week and a half while mine was in route and had the same good luck with that one. Hope you enjoy and hope you have as much good luck with your as I have had with mine.

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
Unspokenzero I am currently in Afghan so I know the frustration of finding a vendor to ship overseas. Alot of the companies will ship to APO AE, some you have to fool a little bit when entering your adress, for city put apo ae and if it makes you use a state use NY that is where the hub is. My problem is finding venders that I can buy from using the secure internet as the good ole system administrators only let us order from a few sites for some reason, and im paranoid about putting my credit card info out there on afghany internet. I too started with an ego style PV. I got the ego-c. I havent had any problems with leaking or anything yet, knock on wood. Sure I have only had it for a very short time but using it a lot and seems to be rugged enough for the field environment. I am at a new camp that is not built up very much yet so still living in tents and working out of a van in the desert. I had borrowed an ego-t from a friend for about a week and a half while mine was in route and had the same good luck with that one. Hope you enjoy and hope you have as much good luck with your as I have had with mine.

I have been overseas for a while I know that trick but thanks for the reminder. I will acutally have them deliver to my street address on post. It is faster! My wife gets packages regularly from Japan in like a week. As far as the eGo I am pretty much sold. Every thing I have seen on this forum has me sold.

I am a sysadmin here is a trick to get around that. On afghan Internet get yourself a VPN connection(do not do this on a DOD network they will ban you for life!). Just google a bit and you can find a good fast one, it will mask your IP and create you a secure tunnel to somewhere else. Just know your speed will suffer a bit but it is worth the little bit of $ you pay.

I will be downrange soon so I am getting one prior to shipping out.

kgo is what you should be looking at. awesome price! and is a essentially a ego.
SLB KGO Starter Kit

I don't mind spending a little more money to get one here on the economy. I leave to go play army in the woods of Germany soon so I want to vape rather than smoke. It is better because it will be cold as hell out there, also cigarettes are soo gross to me these days. I figure a eGo with 5 30ml bottles should last me the 2 weeks I am out there. Hopefully I can convert some smokers while I am out there.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
I leave to go play army in the woods of Germany soon so I want to vape rather than smoke. I figure a eGo with 5 30ml bottles should last me the 2 weeks I am out there. Hopefully I can convert some smokers while I am out there.

How do you charge your batteries in the woods? Do you have inverters on the HumVees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread