New to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkCupcake

Aug 27, 2015
Nebraska
Hey guys! I'm fairly new to vaping my friend got me started and so far I really like it. I've been smoking for over 15 years and then switched to a cigarette looking vape which helped me quit smoking for over a year. I started smoking again and tried my friend's vape and fell in love. I have a EVOD mega and a subox mini. Not going to lie all the different types of mods, equipment, parts, and ejuices are a bit confusing but that's why I'm here. There's a lot to learn!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @PinkCupcake. Glad to have you here!:)
Not going to lie all the different types of MODs, equipment, parts, and ejuices are a bit confusing but that's why I'm here. There's a lot to learn!
What an e-cigarette consists of:

1. Power Source -- Battery or Mod/APV. APV = Advanced Personal Vaporizer
2. Juice Delivery Devise -- often a clearomizer (a tank that uses "stock/factory" coils).
3. Heating element. Often called a coil.
4. Eliquid. Often called Juice.

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

More here => Purity of PG, VG and PEG - The Short Version

Hank813

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Congratulations on quitting smoking and welcome to the wild world of vaping. You will might find it a little overwhelming at first but the lingo will come before you know it you understand more and more about what some of these posts mean but for the most part most people are really cool explaining things if you find yourself not understanding something just ask. Or you tube I always tell newer vapors that you tube can be your best friend if you need help.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hank813

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
You have know idea how many times I've been to a vape shop or head shop that sells some vape products and all you hear from the sales person is umm, hold on let me check, I think so, ya I think it will work, or my favorite is watching someone who works at a place that can't figure out why something isn't working and it's something stupid like the like putting a ego tank into a 510 connection. I might be exaggerating a little and not all shops are like that but they do exist.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread