New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
My sister started with an internal battery Vaporesso product, maybe the Revenger Mini? It really depends on whether you're looking for a simple pod system or want a mod and tank. I'd watch a bunch of YouTube vids if I were you. Good luck and welcome to vaping! There are a lot of knowledge people on here to answer your questions. The tough part with your question now is that there are so many variables, do you want a mouth to lung vape like a cigarette or direct lung? This is where YouTube can help and also on your first purchase.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf. Glad you found us. Maybe we should start with are you a smoker? If so, how much do you smoke and how long have you smoked? What kind?

Do you have any ideas as to what type of device you want. Have you seen some that interest you? There are cylinder types and box mods and in between those two....

:)

Llamasquito

Aug 31, 2018
I dont think your gender matters on choosing mod :)

But, as a starter, id recommend an internal battery one.
Then it depends, how simple you want to start.
Theres, aios, pod systems, internal battery box mods, theres so much stuff lol.
Aio, standing for all in one, is probably the easiest to start with, only thing you need is to charge it and change the coil occasionally.
It all comes down to what you want.
However, id recommend a pen style vape they usually are less intimidating on new ppl.

How much nicotine you will be using? If you have no idea, are/were you a smoker? If yes, how much you did/do smoke on a day?
I smoked around 20 cigs a day, started at 6mg nicotine, worked for me.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Male lungs and female lungs are pretty much identical so there isn’t any real gender bias. Chinese companies do occasionally attempt to make a vape design “for the ladies” which has about as much success as such things usually do (I.e. none). On the whole men and women generally use the same equipment. Your status as a new vaper is much more relevant. New vapers generally prefer smaller simpler gear. Mostly because they don’t understand the advantages of the larger stuff, but also because many of them start with MTL systems which more closely mimic the act of smoking and generally take a lot less power. I can tell you what I bought for my sister: I got he a target mini mod and a nautilus 2 atty. such gear is a little last gen though. The standard advice currently for new vapers here is the kroma-a kit. It’s pretty similar to what I got for my sister but has a really good atomizer that comes with it, the zenith tank. Some kroma a kits do not come with the zenith. You want the one that does. If you can’t get that kit, buy a zenith tank separately and any mod with a 510 connector that suits your fancy.

My sister started with an internal battery Vaporesso product, maybe the Revenger Mini? It really depends on whether you're looking for a simple pod system or want a mod and tank. I'd watch a bunch of YouTube vids if I were you. Good luck and welcome to vaping! There are a lot of knowledge people on here to answer your questions. The tough part with your question now is that there are so many variables, do you want a mouth to lung vape like a cigarette or direct lung? This is where YouTube can help and also on your first purchase.
Thanks! I will watch YouTube videos after work.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Thanks! I will watch YouTube videos after work.
Welcome to the forum! There’s sooo many choices out there that it can be totally confusing. If you want something that will fit in your purse or pockets , there’s lots of good smaller mods. Kroma with a zenith, I agree, is a great starter kit that you won’t “outgrow” as you figure out your vaping style. Internal battery mods are easier because you don’t have to buy batteries and a battery charger. Keep asking, and we’ll try and guide you.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Hi @sssun11 and welcome to the forum, you're in the right place.
I won't add anymore suggestions, as I'm sure you've already got enuf of them in these few posts already to set your head spinning.
I would suggest you try answering some of the questions posted by @Sugar_and_Spice above. She knows her stuff and can do as good a job as anyone in assisting you.
You know how too many cooks can spoil the soup? Well, this place can be the same way and quickly overwhelm you with suggestions. I think you'd be wise to focus with one experienced veteran.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Hello and welcome.

With there being a million-billion choices these days, perhaps it would be a good idea to go to a vape shop and try out some stuff.

Hold a few different style devices, maybe get familiar with what makes each device different.
My wife started like me with a pod system. She started using a pen style shortly after and now prefers a single battery size battery box (called a mod, which is short for modular).

She vapes direct lung style using a pull method straight to her lung where I vape mouth to lung style like a cigarette drag.

We visited a couple of shops and sampled flavors until finding a vape style and basic flavor types. Shops around us charge $1 for sampling. You give them a buck and sample all you want. Most shops charge the dollar one time where some issue punch cards where they punch once per visit.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll just echo previous recommendations. No real preferences for men VS women except for cosmetic appearances of the gear.

I agree that the current trend is the Innokin Kroma mod - Zenith tank combo is the most frequently recommended setup for new vapers.

If that doesn't suit your fancy, there are other suggestions in the blog below:
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

• Agree
Reactions: Susaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread