New user and question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankdm

Jan 22, 2018
Hey gents,

new user here. I am having troubles with my 2 months old Ijoy Captain PD270. Been a week that I randomly getting "no atomizer". For one, I may be using it and then all of a sadden I get that message. No matter what I do, like unscrew, clean the thread inside the mod, screw back in the result is still random: could or could not work.

Usually in the morning after not using it for the night, it works fine.

Atomizer is working fine, also got a new one (smoke x-baby beast) and same result.
Some suggest checking the soldiering of a red wire inside but being my problem so random I dont think that could be the issue.

I've also noticed that this mod kinda leaks juice that ends up on the batteries. Who knows some may have leaked on the board?

Before I send it back (which is a long shot because they may try it once and the mod could just work fine), anything that comes to mind based on your experience?

Many thanks,
Francesco

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
3 things:

510 defect: there's a problem with the top cap/510. Ijoy support will accept a warranty claim if you want to mail it in. Otherwise you need to resolder one of the wires. Apparently shaking the top sometimes fixes it temporarily (might be what you're experiencing).

2.1 firmware: some have fixed their issue by updating their firmware.

Solder: there are cases where there's bits of solder on the board causing shorts and blowing resistors.

If you google the mod, which i'm sure you have, you'll notice a ton of people have had issues with it.

I would:

1) Update the firmware
2) If it doesn't work, return to store for a different model
3) If you can't return to store, make a warranty claim with Ijoy.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. Electrical issues (often by their very nature) may be intermittent and that's why they can be hard to isolate, since the connection may be made sometimes.

Also, neither of your atomizers should be leaking e-liquid into your mod, that does happen occasionally but it's usually a sign of something being wrong. You really need to check your connections, your coil, that everything is tight before using it on your mod. I will say if it's happening with both tanks, there is probably user error on your part, somewhere.

You also shouldn't have that be happening. Was it a more recent problem or did it start from the beginning? I don't think you should mess around with your mod at this point, given that you have run juice through it and you don't really know why/how it is happening. I'd suggest a good brick and mortar shop if there is one near you to help isolate the problem(s) and what (if anything) needs to be warrantied.

Best of luck. I'd also suggest using tutorials (if you haven't yet) on how to use your gear correctly.

Anna

Frankdm

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks both for the kind replies.

As for the leaking, I've read some people had that as well with this mod. I don't think I have done anything wrong. Smok atomizers come already assembled, all very tight right out of the package.

I can sure try to update the firmware. In this regard:
- I did update to 1.6 last night. The zip contained 2 files: a1.6 and v1.6. I did know which one to use, I ended up using v1.6, hope it was the right one. Nothing changed in any case. Last night same story, now it's been working OK since this morning.
- where do I get the 2.1 firmware? is it rdta_box_v2.1 by any chance? 1.6 was named after my mod, this one is not.

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know about the firmware, I guess you could try it.

If you think the leaking problem is the mod and are having intermittent connection issues, I'm sort of wondering why you aren't warrantying it now? I'm not sure that a firmware update would fix that issue, although I guess it's possible. But, you are still left with the leaking issue, and over time, I am fairly certain that it will overwhelm whatever electronics are in your mod (did you clean out the leaks?) regardless of firmware update, over time. I'd be more inclined to warranty it (if the leaking issue is only in some models) or request a refund if it's a known defect.

You should be disassembling your tanks anyway and cleaning them before use, to get of any possible machining oil or other manufacturing issues....

Good luck with whatever you decide, though.

Anna

Reactions: Izan

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I've lost the receipt. Already got in touch with the online shop I got it from - they let me try with an other atomizer which didnt solve it.

I should be still in time to return it (3 months according to Ijoy's website).
Colleague of mine has had it for longer than I have and had no problems at all...

He might have one from a later production run.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Actually it's the other way around. He got me to get this mod, you know like "best setup ever had". I guess it's just luck :)

Did you get it from the same retailer? Some places have less turnover and have older stock. Same issue can be caused by colours (less popular ones being older runs).

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks both for the kind replies.

As for the leaking, I've read some people had that as well with this mod. I don't think I have done anything wrong. Smok atomizers come already assembled, all very tight right out of the package.

I can sure try to update the firmware. In this regard:
- I did update to 1.6 last night. The zip contained 2 files: a1.6 and v1.6. I did know which one to use, I ended up using v1.6, hope it was the right one. Nothing changed in any case. Last night same story, now it's been working OK since this morning.
- where do I get the 2.1 firmware? is it rdta_box_v2.1 by any chance? 1.6 was named after my mod, this one is not.

Thanks!
I'm gonna say it's the 510 connection..

Never go backwards in firmware. .. just a beside for the future. don't worry about it now though.

Return the mod for warranty - have them give you a new mod..

in the future - leaking ejuice has nothing to do with the mod, that's your atomizer and a different set of problems and fixes altogether.

But before you address issues with your atty, get a new mod... your still under warranty.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
This is his problem. Did you buy a used mod?

Google translate does that because in other languages objects are either male or female and so Google translates what is said... while normal in a native language isn't normal in English.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Before I send it back (which is a long shot because they may try it once and the mod could just work fine), anything that comes to mind based on your experience?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple. While you are there, could have the vape shop verify the intermittent problem (if applicable, leave it with them) in writing with their name, address and phone number. Make a copy for your records. Send original along with your observations noting the attached witnessed defect.
Your right, sending an intermittent problem back for warranty issues can be chancy at best. When you pay for a name brand, they should give you the benefit of the doubt and exchange without any questions.
If you would like to help others, might want to post in:
Reviews of Suppliers - Negative
Your experience will let us know if Ijoy treats you right. Could print this suggestion and send it in too.
My notes on Ijoy: IJOY,electronics brand originated in United States with Chinese manufacturing/design assist. Watch out no USA phone contacts.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
would keep an eye on it might have got some juice on the board when it leaked and finally dried out Also smok coils have some bad qc so always make sure you look at them before use to make sure they are right just google smok coil problems and there are videos that show the bad ones and what to do to fix them

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread