New user from Chicago. Long time follower of the forum, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevincdaly

Jan 15, 2011
chicago, il
I'm a 30 year old professor in the Chicagoland area and I've been vaping on and off since... Wow, 2008! I started with an N-Joy Npro and was able to quit analogs for close to six months until I got fed up with them. I began vapling again in December because I was excited about the eGo, but again, the filling and the burnt taste really bothered me. I haven't been able to quite quit analogs, yet, but I've cut down.

I just received my eGo-T's from LF in the mail and I'm very impressed with them. I must say, however, that I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of flavor and the fact that I've burned through 3/4 of a tank in 3 hours. With that said, the vapor production is amazing; especially with VG.

Does anyone have recommendations on good juice that will come through the atty? Maybe I need to break it in? I have nine 5ml bottles from FSUSA that I'm trying out and unfortunately they all taste the same. VG, PG: neither seem to taste like anything, really.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope to participate on the forum in the future.

Kevin

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Welcome to the forum. Sorry no one has helped you and my eGo-T is on the way. I have done a lot of reading though so I suggest you read all the Tank threads. Did you blow out the atty to get rid of the primer? You could also clean it and let it dry overnight. They do take time to break in, but didn't you find that to be true with the regular 510 attys too?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Welcome to the Forum, Kevin!!! I wish I could help you out with this one, but I have no experience with these new parts. I do wonder if you're vaping flavors that should be sweet...if your atomizer is LR and if its 1.5 ohm or something like that. It is possible that the atty is too hot for the juices you are vaping. I found that out with some of my low resistance atomizers. I had a 1.5 ohm and changed it to a 2.0 ohm and a whole new level of flavor was there! Just a thought. Also, have you been consuming hydrating fluids like water. Becoming dehydrated can upset your taste buds...which if you are still smoking aren't working as well as they could be. As you can see, there are a bunch of factors as to why you aren't getting the flavor you would expect. Keep us posted! :)

kevincdaly

Jan 15, 2011
chicago, il
Welcome to the forum. Sorry no one has helped you and my eGo-T is on the way. I have done a lot of reading though so I suggest you read all the Tank threads. Did you blow out the atty to get rid of the primer? You could also clean it and let it dry overnight. They do take time to break in, but didn't you find that to be true with the regular 510 attys too?
I just posted, so I didn't expect a reply. They did come loaded with primer, I thought I blew most of it out, but maybe I shouldn't have been hasty and should have rinsed them first, lol. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I was lucky with my eGo 501's, they always produced good flavor for me. my NPro sucked in comparison.

kevincdaly

Jan 15, 2011
chicago, il
Welcome to the Forum, Kevin!!! I wish I could help you out with this one, but I have no experience with these new parts. I do wonder if you're vaping flavors that should be sweet...if your atomizer is LR and if its 1.5 ohm or something like that. It is possible that the atty is too hot for the juices you are vaping. I found that out with some of my low resistance atomizers. I had a 1.5 ohm and changed it to a 2.0 ohm and a whole new level of flavor was there! Just a thought. Also, have you been consuming hydrating fluids like water. Becoming dehydrated can upset your taste buds...which if you are still smoking aren't working as well as they could be. As you can see, there are a bunch of factors as to why you aren't getting the flavor you would expect. Keep us posted! :)

They're standard eGo batts and tobacco flavors, but I never thought taste buds could be a bit jacked up. I suppose smoking and not getting that crap out of my mouth could be a factor. Maybe that, the primer, the wick needing to break in, and the possiblity my juices are just too mild for my taste could be a factor. Both attys and tanks taste kind of like vaping water. It's weird.

Thank you for the reply!

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
One more thought. You could have a bad atty. I vaguely recall people talking about no taste in that really long eGo-T thread. Some of the earlier ones had problems and you can tell which ones they are because of a slightly smaller piercing tube. Maybe it isn't getting hot enough. Anyway I'm just guessing.

Do you have another one you could try? If not wash it well before you go to bed and try again in the morning. I've had days I can't taste anything. I eat something salty and drink water and sometimes it comes back. It's so frustrating when you aren't getting good flavor. I hope mine isn't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread