New user, new vaper, eGO questions, issues ?, suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    Hello everyone at ECF !!!! Very solid forums you have here, and only recently stumbled upon them, and also decided to quit analogs. As a new user, trying to find solid, beginner info can be difficult, as there is much information out there, and not much is geared towards the beginner. From what I could determine the 510 is a real mainstay setup and proven itself, but had/has a few shortcomings. The eGO seemed to be what my fiancee and myself needed, as we were both moderate to heavy smokers for over 20 years. Of course being new to vaping, much of the terminology was confusing at first, and still somewhat. I found and purchased two eGO kits from a site, and the owner was very polite, fast shipping, etc, etc. We have been using them (not completely analog free yet) for two days. Pretty much burned through the included pre-filled, and are starting to juice up our own cats. I'm currently using PG Marlboro 24mg, and she RY4 18mg. Just starting to get the hang of it, and learning what to do when, including when to fill, how much, etc. We both have had instances of the atty feeling rather hot, with not much vapor, which we thought was low juice, and refilling sometimes solved it, but not always.

I think my confusion set in next, as I started to read everything about the eGO, possible upgrades, bigger carts, etc, and saw basicially most had the 510 atty's, but I remembered seeing something different in the description of the ones we bought, but can't find any info on it regardless of numerous searches. I've quoted the exact text below and maybe someone can shed some light on this. Also I am clueless when it comes to the difference between "type A", and "type B" or "cone". I don't know how these atty's rate in comparison to the (older ??) 510 model. Overall both units vape good, lots of vapor and the Marlboro/RY4 have a nice TH. I was possibly looking to upgrade the carts to ones that hold more (I believe the next step up ??) would be switching to the "type B" mega carts which hold 2.5 ml ?? I also believe because we have "type A" now, we would have to also upgrade to "type B" Mega atty's ??

It's one thing for a new user to be able to figure out how to install everything, get the juice right, and refill, but now were traveling down the road of confusion with the "type this", and "type that", and trying to figure out why a cart upgrade, would require a atty change (from a to b) ??

Sorry if these exact questions have been answered before, but couldn't find them via search, and although remedial for many here, us newer vapes need all the help we can get. Any info, thoughts, suggestions, tips, on our eGO's, possible (gotta do it) upgrades, please don't hesitate to drop them, as they would be appreciated. Having never vaped, I/we can't really compare our eGO's to anything else, but so far beyond running hot (dry ??), and/or possibly over juicing, can't complain. I've quoted the specs below.

New upgraded kit includes mega atomizers (cone type a), button protectors and a drip tip! The only ego set with two complete cigarettes!
    This kit comes fully complete for a new user in a presentation box which consists of: • 2 x lithium batteries WHITE LED (2 Manual) • 2 x MEGA Atomizers • 1 x Battery Charging unit • 1 x US Charging lead • 5 Cartridges • 1 x User manual • 1 x CHARGER ADAPTER • 1 x Carrying pouch and two button protectors.

bruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    The MEGA atomizers are much, much larger than the standard 510 atty. The MEGA cartridges also hold much, much more juice than the standard carts. They will hold at least 70 drops of liquid. They can last for hours. The Mega attys will run hot.

Then there are the MEGA cartomizers, which combine the atomizer and the cartridge into one unit. These also hold lots and lots of juice, around 2ml. They have to be filled with a syringe. They can also last for hour.

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2010
    Texas
    I am a newbie too and have the eGo also. I had terrible luck with cartridges and ordered some cartomizers. They work so much better for me. Refilling is a little more of a pain because I have to refill them with a syringe. I am getting the mega cartomizers next order.

Fray, order some Boge soft tip cartomizers. No needles, no syringes.... and they are so easy!
    Pop of soft tip and fill with juice directly from your juice bottle, put back tip. That's it.

Session drummer, so glad to have you both and congrats on getting on the vape train.
    I have not used any of the mega units yet, but many think they are pretty good.
    I am sure you will get alot of help and suggestions from those who have tried both.
    Keep reading here and go to YouTube as well. There are many, many videos on just
    about everything vaping.
    Let us know how it all goes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread