New VAMO Variable Watt/Volt APV Arrived at SmokTek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rik701

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
I ordered mine on the 21-11-12 and am having an issue .If i set it to 6.0 watts it gives a very dry burnt hit if i set it to either side it is fine but not at 6.0w. I thought that was fixed with the v2. so would the one i got be a v1 then and not a v2 as was advertised. Its not a super big deal but i have a couple times accidently set it to 6.0w and man so nasty a hit.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
I ordered mine on the 21-11-12 and am having an issue .If i set it to 6.0 watts it gives a very dry burnt hit if i set it to either side it is fine but not at 6.0w. I thought that was fixed with the v2. so would the one i got be a v1 then and not a v2 as was advertised. Its not a super big deal but i have a couple times accidently set it to 6.0w and man so nasty a hit.
I'll check into this with my supplier, they assured me that the version I received was supposed to have fixed that issue. I'll let you know, sorry about that. Crank it up to 8-10 watts! You'll like that :)

rik701

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
I'll check into this with my supplier, they assured me that the version I received was supposed to have fixed that issue. I'll let you know, sorry about that. Crank it up to 8-10 watts! You'll like that :)

The only problem is that i like mostly fruity flavor and they dont do to well that hot. The savory flavors tho are fine at the higher wattage.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Just got mine and the - button is sticking straight out of the box. I saw somewhere that the board could have shifted but I don't know if I should mess with it myself of send it back. Any suggestions?
I don't know about the board shifting, but we'll certainly replace it next week when the office opens after Christmas. Hopefully you can use it between now and then. Don't try to fix it. You can use the form on our Contact Us page to request an RMA for it's return/replacement. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
CigarMan. Thanks to you at Smoktek for the lightening delivery of my VAMO. (Course, only had to go from 62nd Ave, St. Pete, to 130th St, Largo, LOL). Anyway, curious to know if Smoktek has a physical storefront or just web/ship?
You're welcome! We do not have a storefront but do allow local pickup now. If you're a registered customer, you can request to be added to the local group via the form on our contact us page, then you'll see a shipping option called "Local Pickup" when you go to check out. Order today, pickup tomorrow! Hope this helps.
-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread