new vaper from NJ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faye78

Nov 16, 2013
NJ, USA
hi :) I just quit regular cigs and started vaping around 2 months ago. I was a smoker for over 20 years, around a pack a day. I started getting the urge to quit a few months ago and was influenced by a few people I know to try vaping, so I did. Then never looked back :) Right now I just enjoy it without the desire to cut back on nicotine (at 24mg right now and it's perfect). I also sing at karaoke and sang the other night for the first time since quitting cigs and everyone noticed an improvement in my voice. I sounded amazing!

I started with (and still use) the V2 cig but moved on from their flavored carts very quickly and started using clearos w/liquid, and found HHV and fell in love with Dark Horse. I've tried a whole bunch of their tobacco flavors (and a few other flavors) but nothing has surpassed Dark Horse for me. Almost feels like I never quit :D

I think e-cigs have got to be the greatest invention ever...no more smelling gross, no more ashtray breath, I can smoke inside of my local bars, sneak some puffs in the bathroom at work and no one knows, do it wherever I want in the house, I can breathe better, sing better, and if I happen to acquire a boyfriend who is turned off by smoking he will have nothing to worry about, and I still get my fix :)

Anyway, I look forward to talking and learning more with others on this forum and keeping each other motivated to stick with vaping over smoking :)

jjc26

Dec 8, 2013
New Jersey
I'm an relatively new vaper from South Jersey. 41 years old and quit my closet analog smoking that I've hid from my family since I was 12. I never got over 1/2 pack a day but 2 sinus surgeries, a son who kept asking why I was going outside, the outrageous cost and a wife who refused to kiss me caused her to go out and buy me a starter kit a month ago. She got me an iClear 16 on a tiny ego-t and .08 vanilla juice (I'm a vanilla junkie). It's awesome! The first week I still had the urge for analogs. I found another shop locally who mixed up a vanilla/wintergreen blend at .08 and. I immediately lost all desire for analogs! I loved that during the holiday I was able to excuse myself to the bathroom and enjoy a post dinner vape, with a household of children and many non-smokers and no one was the wiser. Meanwhile the analog people were banished outside...

I can't say it's resulted in much cost saving because I've spent $150 in gear and juice this month... First an eVod 900 mah batt... My shop was out of 4 wick coils so put a 8 wick coil in the 16 and wow what warmth and flavor.. I liked the setup but was constantly charging the batteries. I decided on a new rig altogether and bought an X6VV with Protank bottom coil. I hated the Protank! It gave tons of airy vapor but the draw was light and the sweetness of my "vanilla tic-tac" mix was gone. I had 4 staff members and a few customers troubleshooting the dilemma and the fellow customer enlightened me that I just like top wick clearomizers because they carry flavor better. I bought an iclear 30 tank and love it. The stainless steel rotating tip is great, and the grip on the X6 is comfortable. I use the smaller setup when traveling because it's compact and holds enough for a quick nic hit. But my everyday is the X6 now.

It' say month now and I can say where the $$$ savings are. I was spending $40-$60 a month on Allegra-D and nose spray. Now I buy saline to keep my nose moist because the glycol/nic is a dehydrant. I'm lucky to have two stores close by and I patronize both. 9 South in Galloway has awesome juice and Vortex Vapors in Pomona has a great staff, very good juice and an huge inventory of gear. I also like the "community" feel of vaping. Everyone is so helpful and genuinely interested in creating a pleasurable experience!

My biggest fear is big government/big tobacco/big pharmaceutical getting vaping outlawed. It's being wrongly associated with head shops, spice/salts, etc. Get the word out people! There are more harmful products at your local GNC or drug store than in juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread