New Vaper, tobacco juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all I'm new here and I have a question about tobacco juices I started vaping a week ago and bought this juice called QUIT. It's a red oak flavor it's pretty good but I noticed it's a lot cheaper than others and about $18 for 60 ml. I was wondering if there was a reason why It was so cheap and if I'm missing out on some better flavored tobacco juices. Has anyone got any recommendations thanks

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Hiya @ags79 & welcome!:) I don’t use tobacco flavors or any commercial for that matter as I now DIY. Though it hasn't been that long since I was purchasing plenty of ejuice. I won’t mention exactly how much but I’ve spent ridiculous prices on juice! I’ve also spent $5 for 120ml and everything in between. If theres one thing I know for certain about ejuice, it’s that price shows nothing but maybe the popularity of the company / juice. One of my favorites was naked 100 and it’s quite inexpensive. I’d rather have it over some I paid 6 times over it for. So, don’t judge it until you try it. You may love it!

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Nicoticket's Virus and Alien Visions' Boba's Bounty were each considered ECF's favorite tobaccos in the past. As @NatashaTMT said, Naked 100 is a popular and inexpensive juice. A lot of folks here enjoy their tobaccos.

Some now consider Black Note to be the finest, and you will pay a lot for it. Forte is their burley variety and it's around $23 for 30mL.

I, too, have started making my own juice and have about 10-15 tobacco flavorings in my rotation.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    right on i think im going to try that bobas
    I will say it's really good, BUT, it's not for everyone. It's what most will consider a dessert tobacco, unlike a straight burley, like QUIT offers.

That said, Boba's will become more nuanced as it begins to age. I'd suggest getting a couple of testers like C&D and Blend 4 to compare.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Also, skip Flavor 39 and Simian Slam. They were made as alternative to Boba's and Gorilla juice. BB and GJ were out of rotation as the original components of those juices were unavailable.

Gorilla Juice tastes like Boba's with banana flavor added (for the most part ;)).

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Hi, and welcome, @ags79!:D

Tobacco vapes are almost a sub-culture all to themselves. There are flavors derived from synthetic concentrates (usually a bit cheaper), up to flavors made entirely from specific naturally extracted tobacco(NETs) varietals (Burley, Virginia, Perique, Cavendish, etc.), and all points in between.

NETs are often most expensive, as they are time consuming, have a lot more waste during production, and can provide the tobacco connoisseur, nuances that usually aren't found in synthetics. NETs are also harder on coils (meaning they gunk up faster), and may be a less healthy vaping choice (than synthetics) due to it being a plant based product. (For just one example of NET e-liquids, here is one popular site: www.Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com, e-liquids for electronic cigarettes)

Some vapers get as much enjoyment out of various tobacco vapes, as scotch connoisseurs get from various single malts. They can even go so far as to do their own extractions from all sorts of different tobaccos, and tobacco blends.

Others (like me), are just as satisfied with more "run of the mill" synthetic tobacco e-liquids. If you like what you are vaping, and it is keeping you from smoking real tobacco; then you have a good e-liquid for you. The only necessity for change; are price, availability, and/or variety. :)

(I am afraid I am another, who makes their own e-liquid now (DIY), so I don't have any commercial brands to recommend.)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    is Boba a net?
    I believe it's a wta (tobacco alkaloid ) which is similar I believe. It is made somehow from tobaccos leaves but is slightly different then nets. Bobas is a very good juice imo and I do vape it everyday but let it steep for at least a week. It does take a bit of getting use to, but give it time and eventually you will get to taste many flavors that are hard to describe. Another great juice and juice company is heathers heavenly vapes and alot of their tobaccos are nets, but very clean nets. Most nets gunk coils, but theirs are so clean that they are not much different then regular tobaccos. Dragon's Fire is perhaps my favorite juice from them, they also do a great tobacco, coffee, and chocolate called mocha java smooth. Uncle cutty from idigo is a very nice black cherry juice along with oohra.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    +1 Heather's

Also look a couple of threads down at the Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux thread on this sub forum. From what I read Juice Mafia is supposed to have good tobaccos, there's a short mention of them here.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't vape tobaccos much but I bought from Heather's HV for my husband. They are NETS (although there are some non NETS) and they tend to be a bit lighter, and not as gunky as some, etc.

Tester bottles from a few different vendors is a good idea. You may or may not find improvement (to be honest, sometimes there may be great, inexpensive juices) but it's always nice to experiment.

Congrats on switching to vaping and I hope it works out well for you and welcome! :)

Anna

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Tobacco flavors are no different than anything else...it's all trial and error...you might like something that someone else doesn't. You have to try different flavors and vendors and see what sparkles your fancy.

Naked 100 has a few tobacco flavors and I like them but they are pretty full-flavored IMO, not light.

My go-to for NET juice is Doodlebugs. Some of his stuff is very full flavored and some is light but it is all good, well made juice and you won't have to auction off a child to pay for it some other NET makers.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
    I believe it's a wta (tobacco alkaloid ) which is similar I believe. It is made somehow from tobaccos leaves but is slightly different then nets. Bobas is a very good juice imo and I do vape it everyday but let it steep for at least a week. It does take a bit of getting use to, but give it time and eventually you will get to taste many flavors that are hard to describe. Another great juice and juice company is heathers heavenly vapes and alot of their tobaccos are nets, but very clean nets. Most nets gunk coils, but theirs are so clean that they are not much different then regular tobaccos. Dragon's Fire is perhaps my favorite juice from them, they also do a great tobacco, coffee, and chocolate called mocha java smooth. Uncle cutty from idigo is a very nice black cherry juice along with oohra.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Interesting, I did not see any information on Bobas Bounty website about this WTA

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    According to those who have tried to clone BB, it was rumored that a certain tobacco absolute (a TA, not a WTA) was what was missing from the original formula. Alien Visions (AVE) has been very careful about keeping its recipe a secret.

That's my guess.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    According to those who have tried to clone BB, it was rumored that a certain tobacco absolute (a TA, not a WTA) was what was missing from the original formula.
    Because @ags79 is new (at least here on ECF); I offer the following definitions:
    TA = Tobacco Absolute. Tobacco absolute is a concentrated liquid that is extracted from tobacco leaves. Though it may contain minor amounts of nicotine; TA's primary purpose is to provide flavor and aroma. TA's are always concentrated, and must be diluted before vaping. (definition; mine)

WTA = Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. WTA contains minor tobacco alkaloids along with nicotine in the form of a traditional e-liquid. The process used to purify nicotine from tobacco for traditional E-juice is rather specific in that it isolates the nicotine with very few traces of other tobacco alkaloids. The WTA extraction method includes these other alkaloids. (definition; from Aroma Ejuice)
    :)

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
    So I kinda went on a tobacco mission and bought a bunch of small sizes of different flavors. Just got the bobas bounty today. Actually prefer the QUIT Burley. The others that I am still waiting for are QUITs Black Craven, HHVs Dark Horse, Dragon Fire, Huntsman, Legend, and Pirates Booty, JuiceMafias Tropical Tobac, Scotch Tobac, and Baller Blend so I will have a bunch to try. I was looking into Burleys and from what I read there's a Red Burley kind but couldn't find any products that were specifically red burley. Does anyone know of one? Thanks for all the suggestions and tips.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread