New vaper with questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston2013

Sep 2, 2013
KY, USA
I'm new to vaping, since this past Saturday. I know, who picks a holiday weekend to quit smoking?! I have been a ppd smoker for over 20+ years and I want to be done. At a local vape shop, on the recommendation of a friend, I purchased a Kanger T3s and a ego pass-thru battery. I'm so not technical so I don't know what my battery rating is but I believe my carts for the Kanger are 2.5ohms (that's what's on the refill box).

Here are my issues...
*randomly, I will get juice in my mouth...eek! How do I stop this? I have made SURE I didn't put juice in the tube when filling. It may happen once in every 10 drags.
*I'm REALLY missing the look/feel of an analog in my finger/mouth. I was thinking of purchasing an Apollo starter set and refill the carts with my own juice. Any thoughts/recommendations ??

I just want it to look and feel like I'm smoking... the night silver bullet is throwing me off. The psychological battle will be the hardest to win!!!

Would love feedback, suggestions, tips.
Thanks!

Browneye

Aug 21, 2013
The "OC" - So-CAL
Welcome aboard. Pretty new here too, about 3 weeks in. Smoker for 40 years with some quit time interspersed. Been half PAD for the past 3-4 years. Took me about 10 days to completely quit the cigs. Nothing says you can't supplant your start up with some real cigs. Afterwhile you may find you just don't like them any more.

An appealing flavor is crucial. I went thru about a dozen tastes before I found one that tastes just like a cigarrette (analog). Most are odd tasting, or nutty, or too sweet. I smoked MB red box, sometimes lights. Also smoke an occasional cigar or pipe.

You need a high nic content to start. 18mcg seems just barely enough for me. Doing fine on it now with some alternate tasting juice at 12mg. I should have started with 2.4mg to stop the cravings. Especially if you're not getting a lot of vape.

Be sure to read the 'how to vape' thread, it's quite different than puffing on a cig. Once I figured that out it made a huge difference.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lwr32

Sep 4, 2013
Goodyear, AZ USA
I'm new to vaping, since this past Saturday. I know, who picks a holiday weekend to quit smoking?! I have been a ppd smoker for over 20+ years and I want to be done. At a local vape shop, on the recommendation of a friend, I purchased a Kanger T3s and a ego pass-thru battery. I'm so not technical so I don't know what my battery rating is but I believe my carts for the Kanger are 2.5ohms (that's what's on the refill box).

Here are my issues...
*randomly, I will get juice in my mouth...eek! How do I stop this? I have made SURE I didn't put juice in the tube when filling. It may happen once in every 10 drags.
*I'm REALLY missing the look/feel of an analog in my finger/mouth. I was thinking of purchasing an Apollo starter set and refill the carts with my own juice. Any thoughts/recommendations ??

I just want it to look and feel like I'm smoking... the night silver bullet is throwing me off. The psychological battle will be the hardest to win!!!

Thanks!

Congrats Boston2013 :) my hubby and I started vaping on Saturday also. I'm very excited about it. I was like a kid in a candy store trying out all the flavors. I bought a 12mg and a 6mg. Right now I think I should have bought an 18 and a 12. The 6 is too weak and the 12 is just not quite there. Hubby bout an 18 and a 12. So far, he's been using the 18 during the day and the 12 at night. Seems to work for him. I know, for me, it's going to take a while to find just the right everyday flavor.

I hope you continue vaping and that it gets you completely off analogs. Yesterday I had 1 analog. I felt bad about having it and it didn't taste as good as I thought it would bit I keep telling myself this isn't something I can quit overnight. I've been a smoker for 20+ years.

The 1 thing I am working on the hardest, is not becoming the intolerant ex-smoker I dislike so much. People smoke and in the end I'll be able to say I did. At that point, I don't want to be obnoxious about it nor have people dislike me for being the stereotypical ex-smoker.

BTW, I found a nice iPhone app called VapeMate. It's free. It counts how many days I've bee analog free and shows me how much money I've saved. I wish it would allow me to add the number of analogs I smoke each day when I slip but just looking at the number of days is helping me a lot.

Again, Congrats and happy vaping.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
For a cig-alike battery, the Volt gets good reviews, AltSmoke.com - Volt Starter Kit I started out with Vapor4life cig-alikes myself, Vapor4Life E-Cigarette and had really good luck with them until I was ready to move onto the "big boy toys". You just have to learn to be careful with them, they do NOT like to get dropped! I killed three batteries in one day while working and that's when I wanted something more robust. You will also need to carry a few with you as they don't last all that long, 3-4 hours average.
Just trying to give you some of the short falls of them, but when I started I wanted/needed the same feeling of a cig to get started. But after killing several of them and finding them dead in my pocket, loud noise will set the auto batteries off, I learned this running a skid steer one day!
I can't help on the juice problem, I'm not a clearomizer fan, so I don't use them.
I'm sure by now you have a link to the how to vape thread, but if not, I'll add it later.

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
My husband who only vapes sometimes, also likes the Volt battery mentioned above. He has the short automatic ones, in white, because he feels that they are the closest to holding a real cig. He hasn't had any problems with any of the batteries - at work he usually has one stuck in his pocket. I started initially with an eGo, but then there were times/places where I felt conspicuous with it, so I did order a Volt starter kit so I had a couple of cig-alike batteries to use in those situations. Later on, when I was more comfortable with it, I gave that kit to my husband.

I don't recall having problems with getting juice in my mouth from using a tank, though. It might be a timing coordination thing with when you're releasing the button and how hard you're hitting on it. I don't know. Good luck and congratulations.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I am an ex 40 year 3 pad smoker. I know that feeling of need for a cigarette replacement. I started with Volts and cartos. Used them for 3 months. I then bought some slightly larger 650 mah batteries, but continued to use the cig-sized for out and about and bedside. Now, after a year, I've lost that need for the feeling of a cig-size in my hand...as a matter of fact, a 650 size now seems more natural to me.

Steadfast619

Sep 4, 2013
LA

Here are my issues...

Thanks!

Congrats Boston! I'm new too. I've noticed with my tank, if I let it set on it's side or inverted in my case for too long, a little juice will leak and get in when I inhale. Might be a cheap tank, or that it's not screwed in tight.

Good luck, haping vaping! :thumb:

Hi! What neighborhood in Boston are in? I'm sandwiched between JP and Mission Hill.
I stopped smoking three months ago. The switch to vaping was a bit tricky for the first 72 hours -- it wasn't as satisfying as a cigarette for me. Now I second what others are saying.
I'm currently using Volt X2 manual batteries, and I have no complaints, except for polyfill cartos. I have some tank systems on their way to me.

Boston2013

Sep 2, 2013
KY, USA
Raggedyanne...I'm in KY. "Boston" is my horse's name...lol. It's just easy for me to remember. Thanks for the tips. I have upped my mg to stave off cravings and trying to stop beating myself up if I have an analog. It seems that there are certain and very specific times in my day when a "trigger" occurs to make me want to smoke...psychologically. Working to change my routine and break those habits.

sniball

Sep 5, 2013
United States
For a cig-alike battery, the Volt gets good reviews, AltSmoke.com - Volt Starter Kit I started out with Vapor4life cig-alikes myself, Vapor4Life E-Cigarette and had really good luck with them until I was ready to move onto the "big boy toys". You just have to learn to be careful with them, they do NOT like to get dropped! I killed three batteries in one day while working and that's when I wanted something more robust. You will also need to carry a few with you as they don't last all that long, 3-4 hours average.
Just trying to give you some of the short falls of them, but when I started I wanted/needed the same feeling of a cig to get started. But after killing several of them and finding them dead in my pocket, loud noise will set the auto batteries off, I learned this running a skid steer one day!
I can't help on the juice problem, I'm not a clearomizer fan, so I don't use them.
I'm sure by now you have a link to the how to vape thread, but if not, I'll add it later.

I got a volt starter kit and am very pleased with it! Definitely has done the trick so far. I'm thinking about getting a clearomizer sometime in the future to see what thats all about though.

Raggedyanne...I'm in KY. "Boston" is my horse's name...lol. It's just easy for me to remember. Thanks for the tips. I have upped my mg to stave off cravings and trying to stop beating myself up if I have an analog. It seems that there are certain and very specific times in my day when a "trigger" occurs to make me want to smoke...psychologically. Working to change my routine and break those habits.

Kentucky!? Well, since you have a horse, that makes sense. I don't see too many horse paddocks here in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread