New vaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Hello there! I am new to the forums and to intermediate and advanced vaping.

I started on the road to quit smoking by going with some store bought ecigs. Tried really hard for a month to use them but felt very underwhelmed and eventually went back to the analogs.

Fast forward about two years and a friend who made his own PV suggested getting into the higher end vaping equipment and see how I like it before writing off vaping all together.

A newer local shop opened up here in Utah that deals in nothing but vaping, I got my first eGo type setup and WOW! I thought to myself "this is what its supposed to be like!?!"

Recently I just upgraded to a lava tube setup from the same shop... They call them "cylons" there because it's the same company that makes lavatubes (BSG fans will understand). Holy crap my eyes were opened up again!

I am now hooked on what I call the hobby of vaping! Haha, I am now looking for the next step!

Anyway just wanted to say hello!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the ECF. I don't mean to burst your awesome bubble there but I think it's fair that you should know that the Lavatube has a secret "safety" device that lowers the voltage of dual coil cartomizers without your knowledge so that they vape at 3.7v max. In short, if you are a dual coil carto user you might want to have this info.

water4choc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
Northern Nevada
Hi there and welcome to ECF and the wonderful world of vaping. If you've been reviewing some of the posts in the forum you are probably getting an idea of how awesome ECF is. Seems there are more and more people moving away from the stinkies and turning to vaping. So, feel free to ask questions and there will plenty of people willing to respond with suggestions/advice, etc. Hope you enjoy the adventure! :vapor:

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Welcome to the ECF. I don't mean to burst your awesome bubble there but I think it's fair that you should know that the Lavatube has a secret "safety" device that lowers the voltage of dual coil cartomizers without your knowledge so that they vape at 3.7v max. In short, if you are a dual coil carto user you might want to have this info.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Shoga, he actually did mention this and as my first VV I figured it's okay for now. He did advise me on which carts to use and sold me the appropriate ones. Since I really am satisfied with SRSC carts for now, it's not a huge deal to me... As I said its a whole new world for me since the last couple months of getting rid of my Fifty-One ecigs.

Eventually I will upgrade and do a lot more custom and personal mods. I really to appreciate you pointing it out though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread