Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Chungasaur. Glad to have you here!:)

Most of the new "subΩ tanks" are classified as clearomizers. They come with stock coils but some of them also include a rebuildable base as well (i.e. the Kanger Mini Subtank and Subtank Plus). Others have a rebuildable base that you can purchase separately (i.e. JoyeTech Delta II).

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Clearomizers are tanks which use replaceable factory-made coils. For a select few, you can DIY homemade coils, too.

Subtanks are tanks which allow the option to use replaceable factory made coils, and includes a separate building deck to make your own coils from kanthal wire.

Proper Terminology: A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So im fairly new to vaping, i have a box mod with an rebuildable rda. But i'm confused about what clearomizers and subtanks are. Do you have to rebuild them as well or just replace coils? And what are the differences between all of the other types of atomizers

A clearomizer is a tank that has a clear window so you can see inside if there is liquid in the tank.

The subtank is the name of a model of KangerTech tank which came out this year; it comes with a replaceable head and a replaceable rebuildable head. You can either rebuild the coils or use the replaceable coils.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Rda is a dripper, rta is a tank with a rebuildable deck like a dripper. Sub ohming is anything lower than 1ohm, subtanks are made by kanger. Tanks that can sub ohm like the Atlantis only have premade coils, tanks like the delta 2 or subtank can use the rebuildable coil or premade coils. Tanks like the lemo are only rebuildable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread