new way to clean 510s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewraith

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Peru, IN
I just came up with this.. not sure if its been done before, but hey.. I like my way. Not sure if it works or not though, as they are still soaking.. but:

Needed:
1 Cart Cover
1 filling syringe
1 shallow glass tray (hrm... wonder what that could be? :D)

Fill tray with everclear, toss in attys. Let them soak a little bit to get everything wet. While thats going on, take your cart cover and pierce the top with the syringe. Just a single small hole.
Stretch the cart cover over the cart side of the atty, fill the syringe with everclear, and then stick it into the hole being careful to not smash into the bridge or the wick. Now, just force the everclear through the atty. When the syringe is empty, dip the battery end of the atty into the everclear and draw more back up.

I had been looking for a way to use pressure to clean the atty, thinking it will help move the gunk off the wick easier. You can get one helluva stream coming out the hole on the bottom of the atty this way. Cover that hole, and you get a nice bi-directional squirt gun from the 2 other holes on the sides. If I could find an easy way to hold the atty and cover the bottom hole at the same time, without ended up soaked, I would like to try that.. but I'm not sure.

I have several larger chunks of gunk come out of the attys this way, much more then just regular soaking. Nice thing is.. I've put a lot of pressure on the syringe without holding the atty or the cart cover and its not slipped off. Its a pretty tight fit.

What do you guys think? Will I have 3 nice attys, or 3 new parts for the bit bucket?

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
My 510 has no bridge or wick, so cleaning might be a bit different. I start with a dry burn. A good rinse by putting the atty cart side up against the faucet. While rinse, I plug the largest atomizer hole for a few seconds and release. Repeat last step a couple times. Soak in Crest Pro for a couple hours. Followed by another rinse. Blow out all remaining water. Dry via pc exhaust fan for 1 hour. I don't recommend the last step if you never clean out the inside of your pc though.

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I don't clean until it is absolutely necessary, then I do a dry burn until I see red and then put them in a jar which contains Crest Pro Mouthwash. I put the lid on and swirl now and then. Then I let them soak in water for about a day---otherwise they have a nasty taste from the mouthwash.

I cycle my atts so they can be sitting around unused for a bit so I put a couple drops of straight VG on the arch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread