New Website - Absolute-Wood - Exotic Wood PV Holders - In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Added a new line of holders to the website - 510 / 901 basic kit type holders

Also added a scrolling text box on the home page that will give brief production updates - what is in production, what's the next step, what's on order and the date it's expected to be inserted into production, etc...

Plan on working up a line of holders for eGo kits as well. After that, I'm thinking about a line of small wall hanging cabinet holders, glass doors, lockable, what 'cha think?

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hey everyone-

Here's a couple pics of an "In Stock Holders" design #1 that was originally in Zebrawood. This design has become quite popular as this is the fourth one I've made, and the first with Wenge and bright red flocking:
11246078716_7840bfe17c_c.jpg

A close up of the end:
11246034425_78c0ee4b96_c.jpg

I'll get these and a few more placed in the Gallery on the AW website.

Thanks,

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
I may have not been real clear about the top wood type in the holder in the post just above-
The holder with red flocking above is made with Wenge (pronounced win-gay), the one pictured on the website is in Zebrawood:
instock-01-lg.jpg

Both very striking woods. On the one above with red flocking, I thought the contrast of the dark Wenge against the bright red flocking looked awesome.

I'm making another one right now with Zebrawood - but it's a little darker overall and has a couple darker streaks running through it - very different and rare for Zebrawood - I'll post pics when it's done.

Here's a couple more display stands done recently:
11264527074_10bea8c460_c.jpg

This big boy holds over 30 mods! and a whole lot more - 26" long; 10" deep; 3-1/4" high, Walnut & Oak with black flocking.
A closer view:
11264527234_e091c4b0ef_c.jpg

The following is a bit of a departure from a Charger Holder, split in two with magnetic attachment. The "charger" space is just a general storage area.
11264525924_6092809ac4_c.jpg

11264526004_05bbbb9827_c.jpg

Finally, a #10 Charger Holder variation in Purple Heart, Oak, Zebrawood & Wenge with Royal Purple flocking:
11264473625_8b460e27e0_c.jpg

The five "dimples" on the right side are for holding Kanger coils.
11264472685_c0c6da20fa_c.jpg

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Good evening all,

Thought I'd pass along some text I've placed on my home page on my website talking about some changes that will occur for 2014 with Absolute-Wood:

Hello fellow vapers and friends -

Important Information: 2013 has been a great year for AW. Many holders have made their way out the door. If you've followed along here and on ECF, you know the effort it has taken to get this far. My schedule has been 100+ hours a week, 7 days a week for over a year now.

It's time to slow down a little in 2014 - no more 5am to midnight weekday marathons or 16+ hour weekend days. I'm going to quit at a reasonable hour during the week, do a big weekend day, and take a day off a week to catch up on everything I couldn't fit into my previous schedule.

Unfortunately, that means that lead times could stretch to 4-6 weeks and there's the distinct possibility of a waiting list developing. Mostly, I don't believe both will occur together, but we could see this during the next holiday rush.

As we head into 2014, I'll continue to work to develop and implement methods and tools to streamline the process - allowing me more production capability. I look forward to a fun and creative new year - for us all!
Thanks,

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hi everyone -

I'm happy to announce I just received a design/prototype job on a new, non PV item I might be selling for motorcycle officers. My next door neighbor is a LA Motor Officer and want's me to build him a nice Walnut and Padauk accessory box to go under his storage lid just behind his seat. He says as soon as the other guys see it, they're probably going to beat my door down... We'll see. All 300 of them are getting the same bike over the next couple of years. Yikes!

Hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas. Santa was very good to me this year: (good idea I sent that free holder to the North Pole...)

11560236174_91bf62c3db_c.jpg

That's the entire lot... from the left:

A RIA M1911 A1 .45ACP, cleaning kit, a Droid 4, the Smok Magneto MOD, a really nice tank that I need to learn about, a bunch of drip tips and a carto tank filler, a small case of Altoids (I like Altoids!), a Vivi Nova, a Kanger ProTank II, a Smok DCT and some cartos for it, an iClear 30, a couple really cool Kobalt parallel vice grips, and a new reversible photo umbrella.

Here's a couple closer shots of what most want to see:
11560364125_c6150ca69c_c.jpg

That's all the PV related stuff. What a great Christmas!

And a close up of the new MOD and the hand made tank. I need to learn what it is exactly. It appears to use Kanger coils ( I hope), and it has double O-rings everywhere. It looks really well made. It was purchased at a local vape shop and the guy said it was made in the USA, and said the guy making it says to wet all the O-rings with juice when first assembling it, and it will be leak free. The fit and finish are top notch, can't wait to try it:
11560363895_40e255bb33_c.jpg

Soon, I'll start a new Design and General Talk thread. I'll put drawings of new designs and prototypes, and take input and suggestions for features, and produce drawings showing concepts for some of these ideas and suggestions. Should be fun.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Rick

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hey everyone,

Finally back - with goodies! I've been playing round robin with doctors, ER rooms and hospitals the last six months - finally a little calm. I have been making woodchips in my shop whenever I have been able to, and have some new holders:
PYR-W.O.PH.O.W-1.jpg PYR-BLK.MAP-1.jpg PYR-Z.P.WE.P.Z-1.jpg
Starting at $20, these are just a few of the 14 new Weighted Bottom Single PV Holders now on my website in the "In Stock Holders" area, near the bottom. Just before, there is a few pics and some verbiage about how they are made.

There are also a couple larger holders that match a couple or few of the singles:
INSTOCK-14-LG.jpg INSTOCK-15-LG.jpg
Others are available as well. I'm currently photographing a couple more holders that should be up in the next couple of days.

Happy Holidays all!

Rick

ps: unfortunately, I am booked solid through the end of December right now, and can't start any new projects with delivery before the end of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread