New with some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoyed

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2009
Ok so I have been vaping for 2 months today. I currently use a KR8 set up with XL manual batts. If the GG runs at 3.7 volts, can someone please tell me what advatages it holds over regular KR8 batts? I understand batt life is prolonged but I have 5 XLs I rotate and one XL lasts me 1.5 days so I have never had an issue with not having a charged batt ready to go. I am not looking to start a war I am just new and curious.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Its all about having a device that will last you years instead of months. The regular ecig battery's life expectancy is about two months until the life starts to diminish. A good mod like the GG can replace its batteries with cheaper replaceable rechargeable batteries. The GG is an all mechanical device with no wires and no solder inside to go wrong. You can easily clean all the contact points and renew its performance. Plus if you go with the 18650 battery at 3000 mAh then you are looking at a few good days of heavy vaping. There are also the advantages of going with 6v vaping which I find much better than any standard ecig on the market and believe me I tried them all before going with a good mod. Then there are the good looks of the GG also... just look at how nice the thing looks....

Grant1.jpg

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Can't really add much more than Vapn, cos he's already pretty much said it all. :D

Comparing standard Chinese e-cigs with a mod like the GG is not an even comparison really.
In the long run, if you want to save money, mods are the way to go because the batteries are a LOT cheaper than standard e-cig batts and tend to last longer.
Added to this, there's not much that can ever go wrong with a GG apart from perhaps the spring.

With the Grant and the trans and the new TS, you have the ability to vape at 3.7v, 6v and7.2+v (HV atomisers required). Again, no comparison really. High voltage vaping has been a life-saver for many die-hard smokers, but it's not necessarily everyone'scup of tea.

So, having said all this, if you're perfectly happy with the setup that you already have, then there's not necessarily any reason for you to upgrade until you do get fed up with it (it's kind of inevitable that you will). :)

Paranoyed

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2009
OK I did not realize it did high voltage. Please tell me if I am correct in this assumption. If I use the 3.7 or 6v option I could use my KR8 cartomisers correct? I am an on the go person with my job and need ease and reliability. I can not fool with dripping or carrying large amounts of liquid with me everywhere I go. I usually use 2 cartos a day during working hours. I asked the original question because I am looking to enhance my experience I just wanted to know how the GG does that. From what I have heard about it I believe HV is what I am looking for (as the 5v USB PT is my favorite way to vape but I can only enjoy that at night or in the car.) Again I appreciate your help. Also is there anywhere to get them in the US that has them in stock? After looking at the Vaporkings website I think I am leaning towards the Grant but am open to suggestions. As I said before I vape Cartos, that I refill at night. I am interested in the 6V option. I do not have any batteries or any other mod gear currently.

VaporKings_Michelle

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
Oklahoma
OK I did not realize it did high voltage. Please tell me if I am correct in this assumption. If I use the 3.7 or 6v option I could use my KR8 cartomisers correct? I am an on the go person with my job and need ease and reliability. I can not fool with dripping or carrying large amounts of liquid with me everywhere I go. I usually use 2 cartos a day during working hours. I asked the original question because I am looking to enhance my experience I just wanted to know how the GG does that. From what I have heard about it I believe HV is what I am looking for (as the 5v USB PT is my favorite way to vape but I can only enjoy that at night or in the car.) Again I appreciate your help. Also is there anywhere to get them in the US that has them in stock? After looking at the Vaporkings website I think I am leaning towards the Grant but am open to suggestions. As I said before I vape Cartos, that I refill at night. I am interested in the 6V option. I do not have any batteries or any other mod gear currently.

No there is not another distributor in the US other than VaporKings.com. We do how ever have an order on it's way to us that should be here by the first or middle part of next week. I hope that helps.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Cartomizers at high voltage are good but you will go through more than two a day. I would say that would more than triple. I notice that they go dry pretty quick at high voltage. I would recommend the AFS for the convenience factor. I use mine daily and love the fact that dripping is a thing of the past. I only pull out the juice bottle once or maybe twice a day now. There is the added cost up front but the long term benefits are more than worth this extra cost. The atomizers for the AFS are special and can only be purchased in the US at VAPORKINGS or Cloud9vaping.co.uk in the UK. That is the only drawback. Keep a few extras on hand at all times and the AFS is the ultimate vaper's friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread