New2 and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

VallyGrlOR

Feb 6, 2010
Oregon
Hi everyone, I ordered my first e-cig two weeks ago, a disposable (which I am starting to learn may not be disposable at all) and was instantly sold while simutaneously kicking myself in the backside for not ordering a starter kit. However, I have to say I was really confused.

So my first obligation is to thank DonDaBoomVape for his fantastic work on the Wonderful World of vaping in the ECF. You are a lifesaver or at least a money saver and for that I owe you!

I have been smoking since I was 14 years old and am now 40. I have tried everything on the market to quit except for e-cigs, mostly because I really hadn't heard anything about them until last fall, when in Oregon they were making the news (and for good reason I learned)

Anyway, after patches, lozenges, gum, Wellbutrin, Chantix, Hynotherapy and cold turkey I had just about given up, but I really think this will work. I know the little disposable did not have the kind of vapor you all talk about, or the flavor, but it was enough, it was enough like smoking and had enough nicotine in it that I really didn't want a cigarette and now I am so mad at myself because I had to go back to analogs.

So I have an order in with a company in China and an order in with a company in the US. I ordered a 510 from China (ok well more than one) and a KR808D-1 from the US company (who seems to be super slow processing their orders! 3 days in and not even shipped) anyway now I am in hurry up and wait mode and tracking my order through Beiging (sp?) three times a day.

It is nice to meet you all and thank you everyone for all of the information you have shared. You all are awesome!

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Welcome and I smoked for about the same amount of time as you. After I took my first puff on an e-cig; I knew for the first time in my life that quitting smoking was possible. It took me 11 days to totally give up cigarettes, but now I have been smoke-free for 67 days.

Seems like you did some research; DonDaBoomVape guide is great and you have chosen the two most popular commercial ecigs models (510 and KR808d-1). When you receive you items, write back and compare your initial thoughts about the two models.

Again, good luck and welcome!

VallyGrlOR

Feb 6, 2010
Oregon
Jewls I was lucky in that a friend sent me here, she wouldn't even tell me what she ordered, just sent me a link LOL

MWhale1 I would be happy to share my thoughts, stories like yours are definitely inspiring me. (BTW Love your avatar, I have two yellows ) I ordered several liquids too.

I think I am going to go crazy before either order arrives though. I've got bronchitis (as always this time of year) and just want to get off the analogs, wishing China was a little bit closer!

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Thanks, that my “insane” dog. I just got back from giving him his daily 3-5 mile walk. He is a friendly dog expect when it comes to coyotes. He is ready to attack one in the pic.

I smoked over 3 packs a day for about 25 years. I quit once or twice for about 24 hours using the patch and I was going crazy. By the 11 day of vaping, I cut down to about 2 cigarettes a day without even trying. Then I had to make the conscious effort to quit the last few (the morning one was the hardest to give up). I still occasionally have mild to moderately cravings for a cigarette (actually it is the other compounds (alkaloids) in cigarette smoke that I crave), but nothing too bad. I started with the KR808d-1 like one of the ones you are getting. It is a nice ecig (take slow drags, not like taking a drag of a cigarette).

I would just start out slow and see how it goes. I guarantee, at the least, your cigarette consumption will decrease dramatically. Some people quit smoking immediately when they first try their ecig, other like myself cut down and then quit, and some people seem unable to give up the last few cigarettes a day. Just go into it with optimism.

The first day or two my throat was mildly irritated and dry. However, now I can breathe much better, I never chough anymore, my blood pressure has decreased a bit, sex drive has increased, smell and taste has improved significantly, and my circulation has improved dramatically. I feel much better!

Good luck, take it slow, and enjoy!

VallyGrlOR

Feb 6, 2010
Oregon
Thanks Lightinup and tarheeldan! I will definitely keep everyone updated.

mwhale, always great when the sex drive improves :D I was smoking almost three packs a day up until about two years ago (yeah when the prices started going up) and cut back to about a half pack, but was back up to a pack and a half recently. I am honestly tired of analogs, I want out but haven't been able to find a way to get there, hopefully this is the way!

I have a crazy lab too.. but he is hyper crazy, like Marley in that movie! The other one is a couch potato.

VallyGrlOR

Feb 6, 2010
Oregon
So, my shipments arrived and really rather quicker than I expected from China.

I actually had everything by Saturday, but I wanted to spend some time using the e-cigs and different juices before coming back to give my opinions.

So what mwhale said was true, the first analog of the morning is hard to get past, but I have also had analogs in the house. Right now I have one analog left and I am doing my best to not smoke it. Although there are moments when I think I should just smoke it and be done with it.

My sister lives with me and I am trying to get her to switch as well, but the 24mg juices and carts I ordered hurt her throat (she wasn't as heavy a smoker as I was) I just got the order of 11mg carts in from V4L and hopefully they will be better for her.

For me things have been a little tougher than I expected, I really didn't expect this level of anxiety considering I have the ecigs now to fill the hand to mouth compulsion. But it is what it is and tomorrow with no analogs will be the true test.

So far my opinions on the e-cigs. At first I really liked the KR808D-1's the best. (I ordered two from cig-easy.com to hold me over till the China shipment arrived) and soon found out that the USB charging method isn't so fantastic and that you need at least 3 batteries and probably 4 for 2 people.

When the joye 510s came at first I was very dissapointed in them. I think the main reason is because the KR8's are a lot more like smoking analogs. I wanted to give the Joye 510 a true shot (because I ordered 6 complete cigs and a whole pile of carts etc for them) and my opinion is that while they are not as similar to analogs, the amount of vapor is a great deal higher.

I still like the KR8's though for a couple of reasons, the battery seems to stay charged longer, the flavor of the juice seems to come through a little better and the carts seem to hold more juice at a time.

I like the Joye 510 because of the amount of vapor from each vape but boy when the battery is done it is DONE. There is no slowly wearing down on these things, one vape it works great and then the light blinks and the battery is dead as a doornail.

So taking only the 510 with me on an all day excursion Sunday was a really bad idea, as it died with in an hour or so and I had to buy a pack of analogs. (a PCC is really a necessary item not to mention spare batteries and carts)

Well that experience sent me to V4L for a 3rd KR8 battery, PCC (yes yes I know other people have them cheaper) and some flavored carts.

Now about the juices... is it just because my taste buds are shot from analogs or are the flavors really weak? I bought some juices from Cig Easy (Marl, Coconut, Chocolate, Mint Chocolate) and in all but the mint I can barely taste the flavor. The mint will just about knock me over though. (I was not a menthol smoker)

The V4L carts are about the same, I ordered the fruit sampler and about the only one I can taste is grape.

Anyway to be honest, the flavor I like the best is the Marl ( yes and I am a female and saw that we aren't supposed to like the tobacco flavors)

Anyway, after spending some time reading as soon as I get paid I am going to order some juice from DIYFlavorShack, because it seems that everyone who has tried it has absolutely loved it (and I noticed you can get her to double up on the flavor)

I will also be ordering a Joye510 PCC and probably a car charger as well, I don't want to get stuck out there again with out a way to recharge.

In summation, I really wanted to come in and tell you all that I got it and that I didn't have any interest in analogs anymore, but I guess my brain believes I need to inhale toxins and tar. I am impressed that I could cut back from a pack and a half to 5 analogs for the last several days (not including Sunday trapped away from home with out a PCC)

I DO think I can quit analogs using PVs though, which is more than I can say for any other nicotine replacement method I have tried :D

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Thanks for the update! It's great to hear your first impressions of both models tried at once since I haven't tried a Kr808 yet. Hope the rest of your gear gets here quickly so you don't get stuck out without any power again.

As for your body still wanting analogs....well, it goes different for everyone. I wouldn't stress too much about having one here and there - like you said you've already cut back a lot, and that's BIG! It's great that you can see yourself switching fully digital too!

Good luck, happy vaping, and don't stress! ;)

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Good job on the purchases there ValleyGrlOr, you have both most popular models so you should be sorted for a while :)
On the PT - I use the USB/AC adapter plug so I dont need to worry about using my PC ports, so that's an option if you still need one.
On the ciggies: go at your OWN pace, not what you THINK you should be doing or what someone tells you, or what you did previously. Some PVers never lose the morning cig - others lose it immediately, some take their time. None of these is right or wrong. You do what is right for YOU.
Maybe in aweek or 2 you won't WANT that morning one and then you'll know you've really quit. BUT - if you want a cig for gods sake have one! lol Denying yourself just makes them all the more attractive. Have one, or 2, (or 8) smoke them, discover they taste like wet dog - just don't let them have any power over you any more.
YOU are in control now.
Nice isn't it? :)

VallyGrlOR

Feb 6, 2010
Oregon
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I smoked my last cigarette Tuesday night and have not had another one since. I am not really experiencing any really bad withdrawals, not stressing out so I am a happy vaper :D

I ordered a 10 port charger for the 510s today, a USB to AC converter, a PCC for the 510s and some extra batteries and juice today. I swear I feel like I spend most of the day putting batteries on and off the single charger, so hopefully the 10 port will help.

I guess I need to go get one of those signature badges that says when I stopped smoking now LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread