Newb Alert: Carto Flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Mess

Mar 10, 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Hello everyone! I'm relatively new to vaping, going on almost a month! Cigarette free for almost a month as well. I've mainly been using an EGO model I purchased at a local vape shop with either Kanger T3s or a cheap off brand of clearomizers they sell at the store. I've been looking at expanding to a carto tank to increase the amount of juice I'm able to vape without refilling as often with the 0.9 ML and 3 ML clearos I currently have. I'm also looking at upgrading to a Vamo V5 but am holding off for now.

Prior to finding this forum and actually researching anything, I bought some blank cartos from Smokeless Image to sample my surplus of e-juice I bought online. Obviously the e-juice tasted different in the carto than it did in a clearomizer. The juice in the carto tasted gross and almost like plastic, even though the same juice tasted delicious in the clearo. I was just curious if different brands of cartos essentially have different "flavors" (for lack of a better word) or if I just bought some cheap cartos that were filled with cheap polyfill and thus had a plastic taste to them. I'd rather just buy more clearomizers and refill them more often than waste money on carto tanks that I may just be unsatisfied with due to a universal plastic taste.

Hopefully I worded that correctly enough for you to understand what I'm asking. :confused:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello Hot Mess and welcome. Well, there are two schools... ;)

There are people who love cartomizers and then then there are hose who hate them because they claim that they can taste the polyfill. I like both--but they need to be used correctly.

I'm familiar with the horizontal-coil cartos from SI; they are not my favorite, but they are OK. I had some taste issues when I tested them, some time ago. Others love them--it's all subjective. That said, they shouldn't taste awful--if filled properly and used at correct wattage. Do you know the resistance of your cartomizers? Voltage of your battery? Did you fill them properly? Vaping a half-filled carto can be hazardous to your health. :D

I prefer vertical-coil, single-coil cartomizers (like Boge and Smoktech)--but they are 510 threaded and require a 510 threaded battery or a kr808>510 adapter if you want to use them on a Volt battery.

Or maybe you just prefer clearomizers--many people do!

Good luck and happy vaping!

Hot Mess

Mar 10, 2014
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Thank you for your warm welcome and speedy response.

I have no idea what the resistance the cartomizers are as Smokeless Image doesn't list that. As for as voltage goes I'm pretty sure it's 3.7V. Instead of actually doing research and reading reviews I bought a bunch of random crap online (gotta love that tax refund). I purchased a Volt 2 as well because it was cheap and looked like the one i bought at the vape store but was a little cheaper.

I ruined the first few cartos by not filling them enough and just burning the .... out of them. I tried filling them using the condom method and had some success but still had a weird taste to them. Maybe it's all just mental because I know what it tastes like when it's burnt and think that I'm tasting something awe full when in reality its just my mind. Thank you for the heads up! I'll try some Boge or Smoktech cartos that you suggested when I upgrade my device.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Like I said, I didn't much care myself for the flavor of those horizontal coils--Volt, Bloog, G6 and Kanger have that design. Maybe you'll have more luck with the verticals. Just make sure they are filled properly, especially Boge cartos as their filler is very densely packed and it takes some skill to do it right. Standard size cartos take about 1 ml or 22-25 drops, depending on the size of your dropper. Also, if you're using the condome metod, make sure you evacuate all the juice from the air flow tube in the center of the carto. That tube has to be empty. Just blow gently through it from the mouthpiece end into a tissue held at the threaded end, wipe everything dry and vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread