newbie - 2nd start @ vape/quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkfreschie

Apr 2, 2018
Hi,
Currently a smoker; want to quit. Tried vaping 1 yr ago, but quit early due to:
No throat feel / too much coughing
All juices were too sweet, told tobacco flavors are ....e (never tried)

I own: eleaf istick & nautilus tank (purchased while in SE Asia)

I joined to find out info on:
Where to purchase replacement coils online - for my Nautilus
Where to buy decent juice both 0mg and with nicotine

So far I found victoryvape.com.au. They stock my coils and 'black note' juice that is supposed to be not sweet & good alt to the taste of real fags, but have 0mg!!!

Q: Is victoryvape.com.au a reputable supplier that is good value for money if I want speedy delivery of both juice & parts?

Q: Any alt suggestions for parts & juices that are not sweet and have 3-8mg?

cheers,
Tiv

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Welcome to the forum. Respectfully, if serious about quitting cigarettes you'll lower your expectations that vaping can replicate burning tobacco. There are some very helpful folks from down under that will hopefully stop by, best of luck.

eta: @Acer50 @Possum64

Last edited:

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello Tiv @tkfreschie and welcome to ECF! Firstly, good on you for giving vaping another go. Trying to quit the cigs is not easy, but for me, after smoking for 38 years, vaping has been a god send.

I use the Nautilus mini and Nautilus 2 tanks (they take the same coil) and I buy my Aspire Nautilus BVC coils from www.thecoilman.com. His prices are the best I have found online for authentic coils and he posts quickly.

As far as victoryvape.com.au goes I have not purchased from that site, but it does get good reviews.
I have had good experiences with vapeking.com.au and supervapestore.com.au for devices, eliquids and postage. Supervapestore.com.au also sells 0mg eliquids.

Unfortunately, eliquids that contain nicotine cannot be purchased in Australia. However, we can import eliquids that contain nicotine for our own personal use. The guidelines state '3 months supply' so that is open to interpretation depending on your daily use.

When I first started vaping I purchased some eliquids from supervapestore.com which is the international cousin of the Aussie store. Buying international naturally takes longer to get here, but from memory was only about 8 working days. They sell eliquids 3mg up to 24mg. I purchased their 'Winnie Blue' and 'Fine Regular' tobacco eliquids - PG50/ VG50 at 18mgs. (PG is the throat hit and VG is the flavour carrier). Like you, I was looking for a 'cigarette' like experience and this is nearly impossible when vaping.

Having said that, both of these eliquids were smokey flavoured without being sweet, so may be something that interests you.

I have moved on to DIY eliquids now, but I won't over-load you at the moment with that information. See how you go with some store bought first, and if you really get in to vaping and quit the cigs, DIY is the way to go cost wise.

Wishing you the best of luck - don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else you need.
Catherine

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hello welcome to ECF. I can't give you too much suggestions on gear or liquid given your location and mine.

I will note that this is my second attempt at quitting, the first was many years ago, and I was briefly set up with some Njoy drippers, but stress I think (more than gear) got me dual using, and then smoking again.

I did want to post a few observations about my second quit (and I was quite ill from smoking) in case some may help.

First, I had to totally "erase" my first quit attempt from my mind, Gear and everything else has come so far. I also chose not to "blame" my gear or eliquid for lack of motivation (and I'm glad I didn't, since I started with a very sub0hm setup at too high a nic level) which got me here, and asking questions. Etc. I sort of slowly progressed in the MTL direction, while experimenting with liquids and gear and etc., and it really kept me distracted and focusing away from smoking cigarettes. I wasn't an immediate "one puff" vaper although such persons exist. I dual used for a few weeks as I found my feat. I'm not going to say quitting was easy as a 3 ppd smoker (I don't care to lie, LOL) and with a smoking husband in the house.

I found the more I came to "value" vaping the easier things became. I was able to collect some gear and liquid that I really liked (then started making my own, etc.)

Many things I *thought* I might not like as far as liquid became some of my favorites. I was not a fan of tobacco flavors 7 years ago but my husband vapes NETs (naturally extracted tobaccos, and by that I mean the flavor, not the nicotine) and I'm not a tobacco person, but they were greatly improved from the "early" tobacco flavors. I'd say sample juices if you can or get tester sizes from different manufacturer's as having a flavor you like does make a world of difference But, you can get there.

I will say yes, it is unreasonable to expect the exact same "things" out of vaping as tobacco. With that said, the longer I refrain from smoking, the more I don't miss it and also, the more I enjoy the GOOD things about not smoking: I don't stink ,the cost, how I felt physically and etc and the more I can enjoy the "good" things about vaping: very customizable, can be fun almost a hobby (like DIY juices) less expensive and etc.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your second attempt.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I own: eleaf istick & nautilus tank (purchased while in SE Asia)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good starter set up, should handle all your needs.
I joined to find out info on:
Where to purchase replacement coils online - for my Nautilus
Where to buy decent juice both 0mg and with nicotine
For coils & juice, could try:
Products
http://vapouroxide.com.au/?post_type=product&s=+Aspire+Nautilus+BVC+Coils
VT Concentrates | Vape Train Australia
Q: Is victoryvape.com.au a reputable supplier that is good value for money if I want speedy delivery of both juice & parts?
For all of your questions, you might want to read and inquire at this site for Straya specific:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/australia-new-zealand-forum.541/
http://www.thevaperstable.com/
Might be a good idea to fill in your location so we know which part of the world you are located in so next time you post we can tailor some replies. Location can be found in your personal profile by clicking your name next to inbox, upper rt. hand corner, then personal details.
About ordering juice: Recommend phoning juice supplier first and making your preferences known.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm in nz but don't hold that against me :)
    I use the long white vapour for ejuice, they have nicotine included, and their site says they ship to Aussie. They have some tobacco based flavours plus plenty of others. My fave is sundae drive - mint choc ice cream, but that may be a bit too sweet for you.

Good luck with quitting

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread