Newbie - And Full or Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmac1773

Dec 13, 2012
McKinney, Texas
Hey there, I'm John and I've been vaping for about a month now. I haven't totally quit the cigarettes yet and I think that's due the nicotine content not being high enough in my e-liquid - but I'm not sure. As a new vaper... I have a couple of questions. (And maybe this will get me to the 5 post requirement... LOL!)

I've see a lot and I mean a LOT of e-cigs online. I bought mine at a local place that sells a brand called V~ivo kit. I wanted to support my local shop so I bought their starter kit and a couple of bottle of juice that is supposed to be closest to the Marlboro Special Blend Lights that I smoke. My question is this: With all the ads and such that I've seen online for e-cigs, I have yet to see ONE for this brand except on the V~ivo compnay website - of you can call it that. Are they a decent e-cig? Anyone?

Secondly, would the reason I'm still craving cigs is that the nicotine level in my juice mixture isn't high enough? I actually don't remember the exact mixture but I think it's 16% or so. I"m thinking 18% would be good? Any ideas?

And one more thing.... does anyone else cough a lot on the first couple of drags (after you haven't had one for while?) I never did that with cigarettes. Only with the e-cig.

Anyway - hello and thanks for reading!!! I'm looking forward to spending time on this board - and to your answers.

jmac1773

Dec 13, 2012
McKinney, Texas
Thanks!! It looks like this....
445photo(31).jpg

I hope I did that right...
Thanks for the positive words, too!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Thanks, Leal! So is ego a decent brand?

eGo is a style of battery. It's fat like a cigar and comes in different lengths, depending on the mAhs (how long the battery holds a charge). It has 510 threading. JoyeTech is the name brand, although it's often rebranded or cloned.

Last edited:

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver
Looks like a solid starter kit, very much like my original. This pic shows short wicks in the clearomizers is that what yours are? If so, you must continually dip and twirl the battery to keep those little things wet, otherwise you will get dry/burnt hits which will irritate your throat and cause coughing.

When you order additional clearo's in the future you might try the long wicks and see if that is an improvement to your vaping experience!

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking, congrats on your new purchase and WELCOME TO ECF!!

jmac1773

Dec 13, 2012
McKinney, Texas
It does look like a rebranded eGo, but the OP needs to make sure of the threading before he buys anything else to go on it.

Thanks, Ocelot. Speaking of.... I've heard about different voltage battery packs. Can increasing or decreasing voltage increase or decrease the amounh of vapor you draw in or does it just affect how much charge they hold?

jmac1773

Dec 13, 2012
McKinney, Texas
Looks like a solid starter kit, very much like my original. This pic shows short wicks in the clearomizers is that what yours are? If so, you must continually dip and twirl the battery to keep those little things wet, otherwise you will get dry/burnt hits which will irritate your throat and cause coughing.

When you order additional clearo's in the future you might try the long wicks and see if that is an improvement to your vaping experience!

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking, congrats on your new purchase and WELCOME TO ECF!!

Thanks!! The wicks are short, from what I can tell. I do constantly roll it around to keep them wet. And by clearomizer I assume you meant the clear vial where the juice goes? (And I don't think there are long wicks for these... at least the shop didn't tell me that there were...)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks, Ocelot. Speaking of.... I've heard about different voltage battery packs. Can increasing or decreasing voltage increase or decrease the amounh of vapor you draw in or does it just affect how much charge they hold?

Skip the "battery pack" part that's something else. What you've been reading about is variable voltage. There are different kinds, but the Twist and Spinner are the most common less expensive ones. I'm using one right now. How they are used is by adjusting the voltage to match the resistance of the atomizer, clearomizer or cartomizer. That adjustment changes the watts. Different juices taste better and/or produce more vapor at different wattage. It also controls how warm or cool your vape is.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks!! The wicks are short, from what I can tell. I do constantly roll it around to keep them wet. And by clearomizer I assume you meant the clear vial where the juice goes? (And I don't think there are long wicks for these... at least the shop didn't tell me that there were...)

This is what he/she meant by clearos (clearomizer) they come in long or short wicks: GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust ™ 1.6ml 2.1-2.4 Long Wick CLEAR [gv-NEWvisionstardust-2.2-CLEAR] - $4.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver
Damn... I've learned more in the 20 minutes I've been online here than I did with weeks of research. Thanks everyone!! :toast:

We're a chatty bunch, huh?!!

I just remember when we first started vaping, we were on a very tight budget and felt we had to make the wisest decisions and the over-abundance of choices was enough to make me cry, lol.

Was very glad to wander in to VaporLeaf (Hi, Greg!) here in Denver and get some hands on help. Between that experience and all the help here on the forum we were off and running (with just a few speed bumps along the way ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread