Newbie from New Brunswick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi and thanks for letting me on board. I'm a 30+ yr analog smoker looking to switch to vaping. Smoking a pack a day plus here in NB has become a bit financially depressing and needless to say my health has taken a kick in the .... as well. I'm a disabled mom of 3. 2 adult now and one 15 yr old who all hate my smoking. Almost never leave the house so looking to be able to quit the analogs and enjoy vaping.

I've ordered a V2 ecig, and now, having been reading these forums, know that better alternatives are out there. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't started yet as nothing has arrived, but will continue reading and educating myself.

Nice to meet you all!

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
alot of new vapers seem to like the ego-twist for their battery. would also suggest a 3.5ml dual coil tank with 10 or so blank carts. will also suggest you try Ms Ts Bakery Essentials. She does a good job of showing what her best sellers are. also, you should get a sample pack to figure out what you like without spending a lot of money. that way you dont end up with large bottles you dont care for. thats all i got for now. welcome to the forum, theres alot of nice people here. good luck - john

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
First off welcome to ECF.

I would recommend you try the eGo twist. This is an inexpensive way to get started in the variable voltage. Not everyone uses VV mods but many swear by them. Also a couple of Vivi Nova 2.5 or 3.5 tanks. I say a couple so you can keep them filled with different flavor juices.

Keep plenty of water on hand, vaping will dehydrate you. If you start to feel like you have a cat clawing the back of your throat you need more water.

If you start to feel dizzy, sick, headaches, stop for a bit you may be experiencing nicotine overdose. If this happens lower the nic level of the juices you buy.

You will vape more than you smoked. You will feel better though.

Good luck and happy vaping.

bdeef

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Welcome!

I have used V2 for a year. I literally just upgraded to the twist this weekend. If you have already purchased your kit, I would give it a try. It's worked (on & off) for me. I recently picked my kit up again & realized I need more power, so I upgraded to the twist.

Give V2 a try & see how it works for you. You may like the look & feel of a cig-a-like, if it doesn't work upgrade to the twist.

Good luck!

alot of new vapers seem to like the ego-twist for their battery. would also suggest a 3.5ml dual coil tank with 10 or so blank carts. will also suggest you try Ms Ts Bakery Essentials. - john

Thanks John,

Still trying to figure out the dual coil tank thingies. Carts I believe I've figured out. Now is Ms Ts in Canada, or can you suggest Canadian vendors? I'm hoping to be able to keep this within our boundaries if possible.

First off welcome to ECF.

I would recommend you try the eGo twist. This is an inexpensive way to get started in the variable voltage. Not everyone uses VV mods but many swear by them. Also a couple of Vivi Nova 2.5 or 3.5 tanks. I say a couple so you can keep them filled with different flavor juices.

Keep plenty of water on hand, vaping will dehydrate you. If you start to feel like you have a cat clawing the back of your throat you need more water.

If you start to feel dizzy, sick, headaches, stop for a bit you may be experiencing nicotine overdose. If this happens lower the nic level of the juices you buy.

You will vape more than you smoked. You will feel better though.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Good tip on water and dehydration, thank you. Guess the docs are right after all, drink water!

Now the eGo twist looks nice, but it has a 5 click on or off. Is this a hindrance? Is there something automatic that is similar or equal to the eGo that you would recommend?

Welcome!

I have used V2 for a year. I literally just upgraded to the twist this weekend. If you have already purchased your kit, I would give it a try. It's worked (on & off) for me. I recently picked my kit up again & realized I need more power, so I upgraded to the twist.

Give V2 a try & see how it works for you. You may like the look & feel of a cig-a-like, if it doesn't work upgrade to the twist.

Good luck!

Thanks! Glad to know someone else has used the V2 ecig. Did it help you come off the analogs? I don't care what the thing looks like, I just want something that will deliver the nicotine when I want it and not have to worry about the battery being dead or not having enough e liquid or other equipment on hand if it's needed.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Welcome skilmer, I am out west in Alberta. I am pretty new at this too. I started with a cig like and once I found ECF and spent a few weeks reading - I ordered a kit with 2 eGo Twists. They have a kit like this at canvape that looks pretty good - has more options than the one I bought for the same money - so I would be happy with their prices.

You need to get your post count up to 5 - then wait until the server catches up and then you can post in the Canada Forum. There is a thread there where you can request the list of Canadian vendors. My understanding is with the regulations against importing juice with nicotine - the vendors do not want to be listed. There some people that have and do purchase juice from the states - it just depends on if/or you can get it past customs.

I just ordered some hardware from the states and it took 2 weeks. However, when I order from vendors in Canada - I usually have my order within 3/4 days.

As far as the stardusts - which are I believe CE4s - that is what I started with. When they work - I really like them - but I have had a lot of leaking problems with them. Also had at least 1 - that was useless when I got it. I have since tried the Kanger T2, Kanger T3, Vivi Nova and Mini Vivi Nova. While I didn't like the Vivi Nova at first - after a tank full of juice it is now my favorite. I also like the Kanger T2 - still not sure about the T3.

The eGo Twist kit at canvape actually comes with all of these - so you might want to check it out. As well I belive once you are over $100 with them - the shipping is free here is a link to that kit

https://www.canvape.com/category-s/1886.htm

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Dual coils seem to plug up quicker with two coils getting gunked up as time goes by. Even with a single coil carto in a tank I use a 510/510 adapter to get more air flow. A DC sure doesn't produce twice the vapor, if any more at all IMO. I think they're harder on batteries because you're powering two coils also.

The 5 click on off is a good feature. I wouldn't use my batteries if I couldn't turn them off. It's 5 fast clicks. So it wont turn off just from vaping 5 times in a row.

I personally don't like automatic batteries but that's just me. 5 click on press button to vape 5 clicks off.

What happens if you forget the 5 click off? Is there an emergency back up off that will automatically take over?

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Hello from Edmonton :)

Make sure to stop by the Canada Forum!

The eGo c twist kit mentioned by kariM is a great choice and was what I went with at first.

I'm out in Alberta also and ordered that eGo from Canvape after shopping around, it really is the best bang for your buck. Now I am just waiting for it to arrive. I would recommend that as well. I almost went for a 510 setup that would have cost me more with less options until that deal was pointed out to me. Waiting sucks so bad!

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton AB, Canada
What happens if you forget the 5 click off? Is there an emergency back up off that will automatically take over?

If you don't lock it, the button will remain active. I don't find that the button gets depressed in my jeans pocket though even if I forget to lock it. (not that I know of at least)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread