Newbie here and would appreciate some help from the pros! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
I so want to give up analogs and join the vaping craze with you all! I have tried 2 types so far and cough like crazy. The first type was Blu and that was last year.(auto batts) I returned that kit within a matter of days.

On to my second attempt which currently sits in the box waiting to be returned also. That brand is V2. (manual batts) V2 is the 2 piece type with cartomizers. I called their cs and they said I could be having an issue with the PG and recommended me trying VG, which they would have to special order for me but are unavailable at this time and I am sure it would cost more as well.

Fast forward to now....I've found this forum and I really do think this could be the way for me to finally give up the analogs, as I am someone who truly enjoys the act of smoking. (not the cost, smell, health effects, etc. but you know what I mean)

I do believe from reading info on this site (and wow there is a ton of info here!) that I may be better off purchasing a Joye eGo (it seems to be highly recommended here) and filling it myself with some VG, or even a VG/PG mix of juice. (???) Am I correct so far? I have a 2 year old baby and a new puppy so I am looking for something that doesn't require a degree in chemistry nor a lot of time to maintain. lol

I look forward to any and all help that I can get here. I am frustrated at the moment and do not want to give up. Thank you!

***I smoke 1.5-2 packs per day of menthol lights and have since I was 12! Yikes.***
I am not overly concerned with the device looking just like a cigarette, I just want it to work without choking to death. I also am not expecting it to taste like analogs, in fact I spend so much time covering up that taste with gum it's ridiculous!***

Is there a one stop kind of shop where I can get an eGo and juice? Or is it really better to buy from different sources?

Is the fact that I am choking something that I am doing wrong, or is it probably the PG?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
The ego is a great choice, very good battery life. Speaking from experience it took me a little while to get used to the throat hit, made me cough too. Just make sure you drinks lots of water, that helps. Not allot of maintenance, I would go with the cartomizers, they last longer that the carts do because you can put more liquid in them. I prefer buying as much from one vendor, saves on shipping.

Good luck on you vaping journey and welcome to ECF. This is a large group of very generous, friendly and helpful people here :):)

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Thank you for all of the suggestions everyone! I really appreciate it.

TL1000RSquid...I've bookmarked vaperite and blueberry pancake sounds yummy to me already!
Fudgey....It's nice to know you coughed a lot at first too. I was thinking "how on Earth do all of these people love this?" lol
banjo....Thank you for the link to the vids. I've watched the first 2 or 3 already, they are wonderful!
DC2...Thanks for the tips. I will drink more water, that may help as I drink none now! I cannot imagine inhaling directly into the lungs, I'm afraid I might not be here to type if I had! hahaha

Thank you for the warm welcome, I already like it here very much! I look forward to getting to know you all. =)

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I second vaperite.com...it is organic and it also tastes amazing,
for ease of use try cartomizers and yea...an eGo style ecig sounds about what you are looking for combined with cartomizers (maybe try ordering standard 510 for ease of use and a pack of Ceramic which are a bit harder to fill but seem to hold more juice...you may like the taste of one or the other more)...you can get a drip tip for 3 bucks to try that as well, I personally like it that way at home.

inferno-2.jpg

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I had problems with coughing for the first few days as well. Menthol juice seemed to help a lot. Nic content also affects throat hit, but if you smoked 1.5 to 2 PAD you probably don't want to cut that down too much. You don't mention what level you're using now, but it may be an option. Best to try the VG and see how it goes. Hopefully in a few days the harshness won't be a problem.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Goldenkobold, I will definitely try your suggestions! When ordering juice, am I correct in thinking it is all premixed and ready to go upon opening the box? (that's what I meant in my first post about not needing a degree in chemistry, lol) I like the sounds of the organic VG mixes.

Icoth, I'm sorry I never did mention the strength I have here. They are "medium" which I believe is 18 mg through this company and are all prefilled cartomizers. They slipped in a vanilla in their "light" strength which makes me cough just a bit less, but I think it may be because that is the flavor I preferred of the whole sample pack of flavors they sent.

Attypops, Thank you. This is where I get a bit confused. For my first order I should order the eGo kit plus a higher numbered atomizer? Then perhaps some blank carts (or cartomizers?) and ejuice and I will be all set?

My first order should look something like what?.......thank you in advance!

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
Another point to consider is that you might be experiencing the primer in the atomizer. New atomizers come with a liquid primer in them that tastes bad (at least to me) and makes me gag/cough a little if I don't blow it all out. Try blowing your atomizer clean by first wiping it down really good with a paper towel (threaded end that connects to the battery) put a tissue/towel over the top, blow through the air vent holes on the threaded end, and get all the juice/primer out and then put 2-3 drops of fresh e juice on the bridge/wick or put on a new cartridge and let it sit for a couple of minutes to let it wick, and try again. You might find it gets more pleasant after you break in the new coil, and get the primer out. Worth a try anyway. WATER WATER WATER, the juice dehydrates you, drink lots of it, try to do the slow inhale, more like sipping, and don't take it in too deep in the lungs until you start to get used to the vapor. I had a slight adjustment period too, and ended up going all VG, due to PG allergy. Good luck

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Tracy - I was just on my way to bed, when I saw your message, so I'm going to provide links for you in a few minutes to the parts I ordered earlier tonight for a friend.

Also, to answer one of your questions, I know of no supplier who sells the best juice and also has all parts you'll need. The most recommended juice supplier is freedomsmokeusa.com. Backwoodsbrew.com is also popular, plus a few others.

I'll be back in a few minutes. The products I'll list are just my choices for my friend's first PV, which I think will work very well for her. You may not be interested, though, I don't know.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
jambandphan03, I really appreciate all of the pointers you are giving me, especially concerning the coughing and adjustment period. My boyfriend and I have tried this together and he just hates it! (the brands and models we've tried) I am hoping to "get it right" this time and blow him away with my next attempt and convert him as well as myself.(I am on a mission to make this work and find out what you all have and love about vaping) He is in auto body and his lungs sound just awful, he needs to quit the analogs more so than I.

deback, Oh my goodness, that is so sweet of you! Of course I am interested in those links. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out. =) I hope to pay it forward and convert many.....when I get it right!

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Tracy,

Your best bet to get what you need is head over to Liberty-Flights.com and either buy the Joye eGo 510, kit comes with 2 of everything you need for 39.99 (if you use the discount code) or get the Riva 510 for 29.99 and grab an extra cone. Both come with 2 atomizers for dripping or cartridges. or you can buy some 510 Cartomizers (skip out using atomizers all together) and just fill those so you don't have to worry about always have juice out. (I have a 2 y/o and it's a pain having juices laying all around, but if you need to have it around I would suggest buying a cheap tackle box and small padlock)

As far as GREAT vaping VG and natural e-juices check out FreedomSmokeUSA.com <<< great prices, great juices. As well as GoodProphets and a few others.

Once you get used to vaping after a few weeks you'll be ready to DIY your own stuff, so you know EXACTLY what is going in there. Once you get to that point people will help you out more!

Welcome to ECF, browse around, you'll get lost in threads and great vaping sites for HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS! :p

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I also wanted to say... I came here CLUELESS about things. Started with junk e-cigs. To find my eGo a week later. Haven't touched a cig since I got my eGo starter kits. Vaping PG will kill ur throat, you'll also witness as all vaperites do, a period where you feel like your taste buds aren't tasting, that's 100% normal for you to go thru, as you body is getting used to not have 500 - 4000 harsh chemicals running a muck thru ur system.

I think if you get an eGo or Riva you'll be here to stay.

I know this was already said, but always remember DRINK PLENTY OF WATER... and avoid a lot of sweets :)
When you go thru stages where you think ur not tasting right change the area ur vaping between left of ur mouth, center, and to the right throughout the day :)

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
The following list is only to give you an idea of a great setup. Also, Cignot has 1000mAh batteries (which would last an hour or three longer than the 900mAh batteries) for $24 each. There are cheaper eGo kits available, but they are almost always 650mAh batteries. It's hard to find an eGo kit with a higher mAh than 650.

Two eGo 900mAh Batteries (these will last about 38% longer than 650mAh batteries before needing to be recharged -- 9 to 11 hours with constant vaping, compared to 4 to 6 hours with the 650mAh batteries -- my estimates, all I know is my 1000mAh batteries last 12 hours with constant vaping.):
Joye ego MEGA Manual Switch Battery

2 or 3 boxes of Boge 510 Soft Cap Cartomizers (easy to refill, can refill many times):
510 BOGE SOFT CAP Blank Cartomizers

2 Premium Joye Ego Atomizers (Use a drip tip for the mouthpiece and drip into the atomizer cover, without the hassle of using cartridges that don't wick the juice very well to the atomizer.):
LitecigUSA Premium Joye 510 Atomizer

AC to USB Wall Adapter (plug an eGo Fast Charger into a wall adapter, instead of a computer...this is optional):
AC Wall to USB Adaptor

Stainless Steel Drip Tip (Consider this only if you want a drip tip. I love this drip tip, and feel that it's worth the extra money. It pushes into the atomizer mouth end very easily, and is much better than the plastic Delrin drip tips that fit too tightly. This drip tip will last forever.):
510/901 Stainless Steel Drip Tip

A cone cover is optional, but if you feel you'd like one, here is the link (I probably won't use a cone cover...creates a harder draw, I think):
Joye ego cone

Litecigusa.net is currently out of stock on the eGo Fast USB Chargers ( Joye ego USB Charger ), so I bought one for my friend at cignot.com (had to pay $5 for shipping, but it will be worth it.):
Joye eGo USB Charger

Both of these suppliers have excellent customer service, low prices, and ship the same or next business day. Neither supplier uses coupon codes. Cignot ships from Illinois. Litecigusa ships from PA.

If you find what you're looking for at Liberty-Flights.com (in California), their coupon code for 20% discount is ECF.

Here is a picture of the eGo 1300mAh, 1000mAh, and 900mAh batteries (battery lengths = 4 3/4", 3 3/4", and 3 3/8" respectively, plus the length of the carto or atomizer and drip tip):

egos3.jpg

The following link has a larger picture:

http://pws.cablespeed.com/deback/pics/egos2.jpg

Last edited:

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
deback... idk why ppl insist the ego only lasts 6 hours. mine get a solid 18 - 22 hours. and i vape non stop. It's always in my hand, and in my mouth every 30s - 1 min... so yeah i chain vape. I wanted to clearify 650mah is more than enough, especially if you buy a kit that contains 2 650mah ego batts.

not to mention i only sleep 5-6 hours and have no job... so yeah CONSTANT vaping or close to

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Ok, almost time for bed.

About PG and VG. Here's what I do: I order my liquids at 18mg nicotine (any higher is too much for me and causes a sore throat and other areas of my mouth), with 100% PG (I like the throat hits and more flavor), and then I add about 20% to 25% VG (Glycerin from Walmart for $3, can be found in a 6 oz bottle on the shelf above the isopropyl alcohol products) to my mixture (the liquids bought from supplier listed in my signature).

Some people can't tolerate that much PG, so it's something you'll have to experiment with. If you order 50/50 PG/VG, then you wouldn't want to add much, if any, Glycerin, or this would dilute the flavor and probably be too much VG. That's why I order 100% PG, when possible, because I can add my own VG.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Which mAh battery do you own, Shan? I've never seen anything that states a 650mAh battery lasts for 18 to 22 hours before needing to be recharged. My 1000mAh batteries last about 12 hours each, with constant vaping (sometimes 4 to 6 vapes a minute, sometimes none when I'm typing). Most descriptions I've seen for the 650 states 4 to 8 hours. You can kind of go by the mAh number and add an hour or two (after dropping the last two digits, that is) for constant vaping.

If you get 18 to 22 hours using one 650mAh battery, then you would get 24.92 to 30.46 hours with a 900mAh battery (6 to 8 more hours per battery). It's worth the extra money to have a longer lasting battery, in my opinion, no matter how many actual hours the battery lasts for each person. The number of hours will vary, depending on how long you drag on it, how often you drag on it, and how often you don't drag on it.

If you want a cheap eGo generic, you could consider a Riva. Liberty Flights sells them, but they're often out of stock on these popular items. That's the problem with Liberty Flights. I checked several suppliers last night (for my friend's order), and litecigusa had everything in stock, except for the fast charger.

Last edited:

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Tracy, welcome to ECF. I'll try to answer one of your questions.

What should my first order look like?

1. Ego kit consisting of:

2 batteries
2 atomizers
1 or 2 cones
wall and usb charger
cloth carrying case
5 empty or prefilled cartridges
1 absolutely worthless instruction manual

In addition you should order at the same time:

3 spare atomizers (a must have)
Small samples of juice in different strengths

Unfortunately, you can not always buy the best hardware and the best juice from the same place.

For hardware, I recommend Cignot.com. They also have sample juice you can order. The prefilled carts that come with the kit will probably only get you through 1 or 2 days. Don't judge all juice by the prefilled, they are not too good.

Order some juice the same day you order your Ego kit from one of the following:

Freedomsmokeusa
Vapor Station (Sampler pack available, 10 different flavors of your choice for $25.00)
Litecigusa
or one of the other suppliers listed in the supplier forum

That way everything will arrive at about the same time and you won't run out of liquid

There, hope that helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread