Newbie intro and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

isisrose1968

Sep 9, 2011
San Francisco
Hi I'm new to vaping, just started this past Thursday and already loving it so much more than analogs (which i can't stand now that I started vaping).

I have a really quick question, I've heard that it is best to let some e-juices sit for a few days. How many days and do they need to be out of the box they came in? I would think that they would be sitting during shipping if they didn't need to be out of the box. Hope this isn't too stupid of a question.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Congrats on making the switch. Enjoy the journey :)

Not a stupid question at all. They call it steeping. Some people say take the cap off and let it sit for a few days. Others say leave the cap on and let it age for a week or two. With juices that have a fake-ish perfume smell it really helped some I've bought. Tobaccos will often change flavor over time. The undertone flavors come through better after sitting for a bit from the hiqh-quality juice vendors imo.

I try juices on the way home from the UPS store while hubby drives, LOL (it's too hot here to have juice sitting in a mailbox all day so renting a box was necessary). If they're not yummy out of the package I let them sit/steep a bit and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

isisrose1968

Sep 9, 2011
San Francisco
Oh any flavor recs for future purchase. So far I have mint (from my initial e-cig purchase), water melon, strawberry short cake, raspberry truffle, black raspberry champagne, cherry limeade, raspberry lemonade, key lime freeze, vanilla cola, caramel apple. As I said I got a great deal on some close out packages at mad vapes. BTW I am a big time raspberry fiend so any great raspberry flavored ones is also appreciated.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Gourmet Vapor 50% sale is on I think until the 14th. Code is vapefest. I like vanillarum (vanilla + caramel and rum)

Flavors are a bit of a crapshoot - many are customer creations. So a sale is the time to try them (under $2 for 5ml I think) You can also create your own (also a crapshoot so please mark them private unless one comes out well, then go back and spiff up the description and make that one public if you want)

Velvet Vapors - I love their Raspberry Gingerale (they also have plain Gingerale). And the Vanilla Almod Tobacco is very nice.

Sign up at vapor4Life to get their sale emails. Their cartos are KR808D-1 threading. I like a couple of their WOW juices and they work very well in cartos. WOW Vanilla (unusual sweet cottom candyish marshmallowish vanilla) and WOWbacco (cocoa tobacco) are my vapes. And I like mixing this vanilla with the vanillarum for a real complex vanilla.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread