Status
Not open for further replies.

twitchandwhimsy

Verified Member
Hello there! I'm Jenna. I'm relatively new to vaping (about 2 months in) and I'm already a juice junkie. I was lucky enough to get the good advice to start out with an iTaste MVP 2.0 and some Nautiluses, but I'm looking to upgrade to a nice mod or two with a larger voltage range. I'm still not ready for rebuildables (I think I'll give it a few more months before I get to that), so I want something that is compatible with my new Aerotank Megas. I would love a steampunk mod but I know those can be pricey. Basically, nothing too flashy (unless it's steampunk), no "badass" flames or skulls, etc. I'm cool with box mods, too (I'm looking into Hana Modz dna 30 clones as well). Size is not a concern, but I'm not particularly interested in anything telescoping (though if you really think you should recommend one, please do). I will consider just about anything. One final thing: I don't like gold, brass, or copper very much, but it's not a huge deterrent.

Again, I'm a newb, so any advice is welcome! Thanks :laugh:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
A budget range would have been nice....

Most of the mods will also require batteries and a charger. Don't skimp on those items.

The Tesla has a distinctive look and feel in the tubes at the low/middle price range. Good solid mod, VV/VW, 3 - 6 volts, 3 - 15 watts. Black body.

Vamo V5 is a generally good performer.

https://www.usavapingsupplies.com/ is about the lowest price around. ECF registered vendor, and in my experience, very fast and reliable.

Batteries and charger, look to RTD vapor and / or Orbtronics.

Neither of those is telescoping, although the Vamo can be altered to take shorter batteries by removing one of the body tubes.

Sigelei Z max is another option at a similar price point.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Hello there! I'm Jenna. I'm relatively new to vaping (about 2 months in) and I'm already a juice junkie. I was lucky enough to get the good advice to start out with an iTaste MVP 2.0 and some Nautiluses, but I'm looking to upgrade to a nice mod or two with a larger voltage range. I'm still not ready for rebuildables (I think I'll give it a few more months before I get to that), so I want something that is compatible with my new Aerotank Megas. I would love a steampunk mod but I know those can be pricey. Basically, nothing too flashy (unless it's steampunk), no "badass" flames or skulls, etc. I'm cool with box mods, too (I'm looking into Hana Modz DNA 30 clones as well). Size is not a concern, but I'm not particularly interested in anything telescoping (though if you really think you should recommend one, please do). I will consider just about anything. One final thing: I don't like gold, brass, or copper very much, but it's not a huge deterrent.

Again, I'm a newb, so any advice is welcome! Thanks :laugh:

Hi juice junky aka Jenna / lol :)

David has already provided some great advice for other mods so I'm going to take another approach to your issues. If your ONLY reason for wanting another Mod is a "larger voltage range" it might be helpful to cover some basics with your current equipment in an effort to determine that you understand all the features and tweaks you can perform.

Your current Mod and delivery device specs:

Your iTaste MVP 2.0 specs:
•Variable Voltage: Voltage can be adjusted from 3.3 ~ 5.0 in 0.1 volt increments
•Variable Wattage: Wattage can be adjusted from 6.0 ~ 11.0 in 0.5 watt increments

Nautilus Tank - Coils/Heads
Resistence
•1.6ohm (3.3v-5.0v)
•1.8ohm (3.3v-6.0v)

1. Try both of the resistences for your coil/heads. Your looking for your sweet spot. Start with the lowest 3.3 voltage setting and continue to increase it in 0.1 increments until your vape tastes "burned" or "harsh". Then back it down to your sweet spot. Use a juice you vape a lot of and run this test throughout the day to insure you can hit your sweet spot. If you can hit your sweet spot along with a voltage setting that is to high for your Coils/Heads producing a burned/harsh vape then you don't need another mod for the single reason you have given. A simplistic explanation is the lower the resistance of your coil/head the more voltage/watts you need to reach your sweet spot. This explains in simple terms why you see a lot of folks using a DNA 30 (7 - 30 watts - 4 - 8.3 volts) and that's because their coils/heads are sub ohm and that's a resistence below 1.0 ohm. Thus they need the extra "power" to either blow tons of clouds and or reach their sweet spot with their sub ohm coils/builds.

Having said all this, their are plenty of other reasons to want another mod or maybe another 10 /lol All of which are fine by me. Like:

You like the color
You like the form factor
You are planning for the future
You want a backup
You collect "toys" like many of us /lol
etc...

EDIT: Sorry I forgot you also mentioned your Aerotank Megas. Same procedure since coils/heads are available in 1.5 ohm or 2.0 ohm resistance.

HTH

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread