Newbie to Ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbaby22

Apr 2, 2012
NY
Hello. I just started using the KGO ecig on April 1st. Mornings are the worst for withdrawal but I'm making it through it. So far haven't had an analog cigarette since I started the ecig.

I have a few questions.

Which is preferable for most ecig users cartos or atomizers? How often should atomizers be cleaned?

I was a menthol smoker (for about 20 yrs) and have the Smooth PG/VG from Blue Mist 24mg. I like it a lot but I also like the sample of a new flavor they sent. It's like a caramel flavor. My question is would a fruity/sweet liquid be better for me or should I stick with the Smooth? Or is a switch of a different flavors a good idea but keeping one as like my "main" vape?

Thank you for time :)

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Cartos or attys all comes down to personal preference. I use cartos 95% of the time (with and without tanks) and only use attys when I get sample bottles that don't have enough to dedicate a carto to.

Which flavor liquid you use is all personal preference and you'll have to figure that out on your own. I've had liquids my friends really like and I can't stand them (Maple Bacon being a prime example, I hated it). Get samples before dropping the money on bigger bottles of stuff you might not like. I recently got a sample bottle of Dulce de Leche thrown in with one of my orders from BMV and love it. It's one of those liquids I would have never considered buying because it just didn't sound good to me. I'll definitely be getting a 30ml bottle with my next order through them.

I usually keep 5-6 PVs going at one time with different flavors so I'm not stuck with one.

Last edited:

moonbaby22

Apr 2, 2012
NY
Dulce de Leche was the sample they sent me too. Loved it and asked them about it. They said it'll be on sale soon lol. I can't wait.
Yes, I have a few flavors (small bottles) picked out to order to test.
Figured it was a personal preference but thought I'd ask anyway.

My thought was to use cartos for the flavors I prefer & attomizers for when I just want a change or to test. Sounds like I'm on the right track then. Thanks.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I started on cartos until I got sick of cleaning them, moved to dripping on attys until I got sick of dripping and carry a bottle, to a bottom feeder (REO) which has kept me happy for a year now. Cleaning attys depends on the type of ejuice you use and how good you are keeping them wet when you vape. I usually blow them out every day at least once and give them a wash in PGA (VOdka) at least once a week.

Vape as many flavors as you want any way you want. I have only heard of a few people on this site that vape only one flavor all the time. I have about 5 flavors I vape regulary and another 10 I vape when the mood strikes. In my dripping stage I was changing flavors 20 times a day. It's really a personal preference.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on staying off the cigs for 4 days now.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
As much as is this isn't going to sound helpful, but everyone has different preferences. I pretty much only like clearomizers. I have 13 of them (in 4 different styles) loaded right now, each with a different juice. I don't really care for filler type cartomizers. Other people swear by them. Some vapers are drippers only using attys. Then there are those who favor tanks over everything else.

You are going to have to try a variety to discover what suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread