Newbie vaping for less than a week with a Revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthis1

ECF Veteran
My name is Robyn and I got my very first e-cig last Monday (12-17). I was lucky to be guided by a friend and purchased a Revolver Elite starter set. Now, I've been using analogs for over 30 years......2 packs a day. I am having surgery later this year, but my doctor told me that I MUST stop smoking or he would NOT perform the surgery. I told this to my friend, and she said she had the perfect solution..... an e-cig.
Now, my local tobacco joint has had e-cigs hanging in the window for a couple of months now, and I've been curious, but figuring that you get what you pay for, didn't feel like a 9.99 e-cig was gonna do a lot for me.
At any rate, aforementioned friend's husband had given up analogs with the help of and e-cig from Revolver, so that's where I went. I knew absolutly NOTHING about the product, just went on the word of a friend. Ordered it and almost paced a hole in the rug waiting for it to get here. My grown daughter also wanted to give up analogs, so we decided to share the starter kit.
On day two, I had gone from 2 packs a day to just a few analogs a day.....OMG, what a difference!! We ordered the middle strength liquid, and as far as I know, we've not been overdoing it, but then again, I've not really kept up with how many times a day I refill my cart.
Now that I've been on this forum for a few days , I've learned so much! However, I've not seen a word about the company I ordered from or their products. I am just assuming from what I've read here that what I have is a "mini", but I love it anyway. My daughter is going great.....she hasn't totally given up her analogs because she's not getting the throat hit that she feels she needs from out attys.
I've read about 801s, 5-something, and 9-somethings, but not a word abaout my Elites or much on minis at all. Can anyone tell me if they've used Revolver, and more importantly, where do the most popular models that people say are so terrific come from? I would love to find out more about them so that when I upgrade, I'll be more educated.

Well, that's my story. I LOVE vapping and can't imagine stopping anytime soon. My house smells better, my grown kids and grandkids are thrilled that I'm kicking the habit, and before too long, I'll be able to give my doctor a date that I will have been tabacco free for 30 straight days!! Did I mention that it's Gastric Bypass Surgery that I'm waiting on? I won't bore you with the details, but this is a surgery I'm desperate to have. I've had RSD for 9 years, and losing the weight would make all the difference in the world to me. Thanks to my e-cig, now I've got a fighting chance to kick the habit and have the surgery. Thank Goodness for this technology!:)

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...video-reviews/44772-revolver-ecig-review.html

this is a link to a review and some other info on the Revolver... I have never used one but there is ton of info just in this one thread and there are probably others.

As for the 510's, the 901's, the 801's and other models you referred to, there are many reviews, threads and lots of info regarding those and the vendors who offer them. Just look under the forum section titled "device specific" and you should find more info than you can shake a PV at.. lol

You will love learning on this forum and ask questions and get answers ... I would post more but it's late and well, New Year's and so maybe more tomorrow.

I just picked up a Joye eGo 510 starter kit from Liberty Flights. Using it for about a month. No complaints. I don't always use nicotine. For some reason the vapor seems to ease my asthma and chronic allergies. When I want to soothe my throat I vape straight VG and water or a 0 nic menthol of my own. I'm also a singer (I have a singing/vaping video on youtube) and smoking analogs wrecked my voice for a long time. I'm just praying that it stays good this time after quitting the analogs again.

Good luck with your endeavors!
Christopher

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The mantra here is, "If it's working for you, vape it."

Didn't over think... Just go with it and enjoy. When you're ready to upgrade, we're here to help, but didn't feel like you have to be basing on the latest greatest mod. Congrats on the switch, and happy new year.

Lee1111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2010
here
When you find yourself wanting more out of your pv, consider stepping up to a fat batt (like ego or clones), and use adapters to try 510 atty/cartos and also give the 901s a try. Mini's are made to look and feel like analog's but once you make the transition to vaping, then it's time to start dialing it in. Find you're preference and shorten the learning curve by research on the forum. Don't forget to give the mod's a glance when you're ready. Not much difference from an ego and a tube mod ( which would perform considerably better). GL and keep asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread