Newbie with a T-Rex and a simple 601 pipe mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

hapy2bme

Oct 4, 2010
maine
HI folks, I am new here. I have been vaping for about 65 days now and have not touched an analogue since. I started off with the usual newbie mistakes, namely ordering the Blu pack, upgraded to a 510 and now I am loving my new T-Rex from Terry at Perfect Electronic Cigarette Buy Electronic Cigarette, Forum, Reviews, Affiliate Programs, And More!. I also have the DSE 601 pipe and I love that too. The 601 is a quirky little thing. My first one burned out after only 2 weeks. I had to order a new one and could not get any warranty replacement, but the folks at Ecigpartsdot com Electronic Cigarette Kits And Parts threw in some extra goodies for my trouble.

I really like my 601 and I have had the current one for about a month+/-. The switch is a pain in the .... because it sticks and after a while it wont activate when you hit it, but I solved that problem for good I think. I like that the thing has a way of manually activating the switch so I took the spring our of a ball point pen and cut about 3 coils of it, stretched it a little, and attached it to the screw that holds the top battery contact on. I bent the spring so it lays on its side, just above the other contact point of the manual activation pad and now I just depress the spring to make contact and viola! Manual 601 pipe! Of course, this requires that you leave the cover off the pipe to use it, but I never have the cover on it anyway because I like to swing the battery contact out of the way when I'm not using it so that it wont stick in the on position and burn out the atty (this is what happened to my last one) I also figured out a good way to clean it too. I got some 72% rubbing alcohol and with the battery out of it, I fill the stem with alcohol and let it sit for a while. Then, blow it out good from the bowl end, and let it rest for a while for the alcohol to evaporate out. The first few hits are aweful until all the alcohol burns off (Don't inhale this), but it seems to clean it well and restores the draw to a nice easy pull instead of a hard suck. I also prefer to drip the pipe, rather than fool with the carts.

Anyway, that's my newbie two cents worth. Looking forward to crawling around this forum and exploring.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread