Newbie with COPD QUESTIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flingitnow

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Downriver, Michigan
Ok here is my question. I have smoked for over 35years. right now i am smoking ultra light 100s but my smoking style has been inhaling deep and sometimes twice from one draw at a pack and a half to two packs a day. But here is the issue, I have COPD and going through an episode now.i I HAVE TO QUIT ANALOGS. I need to get a nice smooth, good tasting juice with vegetable glycerin base and dont care if it is fruity, coffee or chocolate. I cant use the PG carts they irritate my throat bad. Also I need advise on how to keep my coughing down while I adjust. I like lots of vapor and looking for help and feedback.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Welcome Aboard. You're really not asking for much and I want to help if I can but it's hard knowing that you have COPD and I don't know how anyone could recommend vaping to you in the first place. I know, I know that cigarettes are killing you, my sister went to the emergency room with a severe COPD episode on last xmas day - she came close to going directly to the morgue. They immediately put her on the patch and she quit smoking. The following week she had a mild to moderate heart attack. 2 weeks later she came to visit us and stayed for a weekend insisting that she try my old KR808D-1 (2-piece model). Every time she tried to vape and I told her to vape lightly, I thought she was going to literally cough up a whole lung and she gave up on it. I just found out that she is back smoking a cig or more a day.

More than anything you need to quit smoking and there is just no facts as to whether vaping can hurt you or not. Personally, I would try anything to quit.

I don't know if you've already purchased a PV (e-cig) or not, but there are many different models to choose from. You'll have to do lots of research/reading on this website to learn as much as you can to make an informed decision as to which one to get, but I quit instantly with my first PV which was a KR808D-1 2-piece model. A week later I purchased and continue to use my Joye 510 model for more than 3 months now and love it.

There are many vendors which do carry/sell VG based e-juices in many flavors and strengths so you can pretty much get exactly what you are looking for. As far as sensitivity and coughing, vaping has a learning curve. You can vape lightly, use a lower nicotine level juice made with VG and just try to learn how to use/vape it properly. I also am very sensitive to PG and make my own juices with as much VG as possible.

Believe me when I say that I and everyone else here at ECF wants to help you as much as possible. So ask all the questions you want and if you want specific recommendations, just let us all know.

:thumb:

flingitnow

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Downriver, Michigan
Shortstuff. Please know that I have tried about everything out there including patches and just continued to smoke with them and ended up making myself sick. I just purchased for Joye 501 and bought a few bottles of the VG juice and will have to experiment to see if I can reach some kind of mix that I can use. I will have to start out lightly and see how I do. I also purchased the Pure USP VG and Distilled Water 15ml (ECOmix) with mixing bottle
to cut it down more if i need to. I know I cannot use the PG stuff but from what I have read people are having some pretty good luck with the VG stuff and some have to resort to mixing their own. I bought the nJoy but was not able to use the cartridges because of the PG base. I tried to get it to charge and it wouldnt hold a charge so I threw it in the garbage and went to cignot.com and am trying a different model and method for my madness. I should have it in a couple days and i ordered an xtra battery too. Anyone that can give me some pointers on mixing or anything else you can contact me here or shoot me a PM. Any advise would be appreciated. I know there are those out there who have battled with breathing problems and have found a way to quit by vaping. Pray for me and all advise welcome. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
I was a smoker for 34 years, 2 packs a day, and also ended up with ultra lights because they were less harsh on the throat. I also can't use pg at all. I've found the smoothest combo for me is using a 901 atty with the EcoPure Fresh or Pure juice. The Rath Juice at LiteCig is a smooth vg, also. Just my experience...

mykanix

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Montana
I have to switch over to vg as well. I just got started vaping and I can't believe how easy it has been to drop the analogs completely. Outside of the battery life problems with my first two cheapy kits and the irritation of my throat it has been an enjoyable journey. The ECF has been the best!!! Since the pg has been causing some discomfort, I checked out some vg alternatives. I have read rave reviews of NHalers lung juice. I have some pear ordered and can't wait to post a review. They have 6ml sampler packs for a reasonable price and here is a list of the ingredients:

* Elecampane Root and Flower
* Mulletein leaf
* Osha Root
* Yerba Mansa(whole Plant)
* Yerba Santa Leaf
* Dandelion Leaf
* Licorice root
* Lobieala Root
* A water extraction tincture of Cordyceps
* Reishi Mushroom Alcohol Extraction
* In a base of pure grain alcohol, distilled water and vegetable glycerin

It may be something for you to look into. I don't know what kind of vapor and throat hit to expect - some reviews I have read vary. Find out more at: NHaler.com

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I had a similar story on the smoking, 40 years and COPD. Have you talked to your Dr. about vaping? Saw my Dr. about a month after I started vaping and he thought it was great. Patches, gum, hypnosis, and pills, nothing had worked for me but this vaping is great. I am down to low nic now and working towards 0 nic. The greatest thing for me is not wheezing every time I lay down. Having been through several pv's, the pipe(601) seem to work the best for me. Heavy vapor, long battery life and the 601 allows mixing and loading your favorite flavors. Am waiting on a Greencig pipe now. Can't really say about it yet. I do keep a case with KR8's and a few carts ready to take with me when I want to be a little less obvious but my relaxing vape at home is the 601. Take care and good luck!

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I had a similar story on the smoking, 40 years and COPD. Have you talked to your Dr. about vaping? Saw my Dr. about a month after I started vaping and he thought it was great. Patches, gum, hypnosis, and pills, nothing had worked for me but this vaping is great. I am down to low nic now and working towards 0 nic. The greatest thing for me is not wheezing every time I lay down. Having been through several pv's, the pipe(601) seem to work the best for me. Heavy vapor, long battery life and the 601 allows mixing and loading your favorite flavors. Am waiting on a Greencig pipe now. Can't really say about it yet. I do keep a case with KR8's and a few carts ready to take with me when I want to be a little less obvious but my relaxing vape at home is the 601. Take care and good luck!

I gotta tell ya, that story just made my day. It's so good to hear that anyone quit smoking but extra nice to hear it when it is someone who really needed to quit and found the e-cig so successful.

Thanks!

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread